Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Horses

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Horses  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySat 4 Nov 2023 - 10:29

Figure Brand: Schleich  

Figure Name(s): Pura Raza Espanola Stallion 13923
Pura Raza Española Mare 13922
Mustang stallion 13805

Sex: Two males and one female

Name: Pura Raza Espanola Stallion- Oscuro (Dark- Spanish)
Pura Raza Española Mare Andromeda
Mustang stallion - Rohan- (Irish, red haired)

Year Made:  Pura Raza Espanola Stallion- 2021
Pura Raza Española Mare- 2021
Mustang stallion 2016-

Observations/Thoughts:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Oscuro my Pura Raza Espanola Stallion is probably my favourite of the horse models I own, he’s so beautiful and handsome. I love his showy flowing mane and feel he’d be a perfect addition to anyone who collects horse models out there because he’s practically a showstopper!
I love his gorgeous black coat, which has no white or grey on him. What I’m unsure about is his head bowed down at a quiet unnatural looking angle with his long mane splayed out.
I wonder is his pose used to demonstrate some kind of horse showmanship/dressage type affair? Particularly with his head drawn in like that and his front leg bent outwards.
Despite this unnatural looking pose, he’s still my favourite of this horse trio, I find his model sculpted very nicely and with his black colouring makes him look very sleek and elegant. He’s a horse made for showmanship…

Andromeda is Pura Raza Española Mare and is the female version of him although with different coat patterns. Her coat is grey to black gradient overall with a dusky sort of speckled charcoal colour, especially on her rump. The patterns on that make me think of a galaxy, hence her name Andromeda.
Though I have noticed some of Schleich horse models can be wildly varying between the genders. I unfortunately think this horse model also seems to suffer from it too. The stallion Oscuro is beautifully done and gives off a blazingly strong masculine energy, while the mare simply stands there neutrally with all four hooves on the ground which is frankly boring, her pose is simply lacking for me. Everything else is nice and lively though: her colour, her sweet expression, her lovely face and curly mane, all but her pose which I find such a shame.
I do think it’s this difference in the gender in models are the reason Schleich have seen a definite dip in quality over the past few years.

Rohan is my Schleich mustang stallion, and what I love about him is his unusual colours, he’s mostly all a deep russet to chestnut brown except for his mane and tail which is light brown to orange. I’m not sure how realistic these colours are but I like them. His hooves are also a golden colour with dark charcoal gray gradient along his legs. He also adopts a running pose, with a foreleg bent forward, his mane and tail sculpted to look wind whipped as he runs. It’s a nice subtle pose that still manages to be full of movement. I called him Rohan as it means ‘red-haired’ which is very fitting for him.  

Rating: Pura Raza Espanola Stallion- 5/5
Pura Raza Española Mare - 4/5
Mustang Stallion 4/5
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySat 4 Nov 2023 - 23:28

Some movements are typical of Iberian horses, namely Lusitanos and Pura Raza Española. I believe that stallion intends to represent some of their movements, something like this, however, it can't be represented perfectly on a static figure.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun 5 Nov 2023 - 8:31

I see what you mean though as you said, with a static figure it looks painful and unnatural alright
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun 12 Nov 2023 - 19:30

Some of my very favourite horse models!
Oscuro (very nice name by the way, the name I picked is far less creative) is such a handsome stallion. I actually always liked this pose because he looks like a real dressage horse. And as black is my favourite coat colour I actually prefer him to his exclusive buckskin version that I have in my collection. But my favourite part of him are probably his markings and pink muzzle just as his very Andalusian like mane and tail.

The PRE mare is also one of my top favourites even though I still slightly prefer the 2014 Andalusian mare. I think that her colouring is very pretty just as her mane and tail. Her pose doesn't bother me at all as I think that she also has something "dressage - like" to her and gives a feeling of serenity. She makes a wonderful counterpart to her husband.

This beautiful couple is definitely on my wishlist.

Rohan is simply stunning! I love him, he is one of my absolute favourite stallions in my collection. His pose is dynamic and I love his coat colour! It's actually a realistic coat colour and one of my personal favourites. He is a flaxen liver chestnut.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun 12 Nov 2023 - 19:54

Hi Katy and yknow I'd love the buckskin variant of the Pura Raza Espanola stallion, he looks incredible! And yes, I love Rohans dark liver body and yet the flowing mane and tail in such a different colour is really unusual!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Horses
Page 1 of 1