Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Horses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Horses  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 9:52 am

Brand: Schleich

Figure Name(s): Paint Horse Mare (13884)
Quarter horse Stallion (13853)
American Saddlebred mare (13912)

Sex: Paint Horse Mare – Female
Quarter horse Stallion – Male
American Saddlebred mare – Female

Name: Paint Horse Mare – Tadita (One who Runs- Omaha)
Quarter horse Stallion –Spirit
American Saddlebred mare – Dakota

Year Made: Paint Horse Mare –2019
Quarter horse Stallion –2018
American Saddlebred mare – 2020

Observations/Thoughts:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
First off when looking at Tadita my paint horse mare, I’m really not sure about her overall body structure. I love her patterned coat with white and beige brown blotches but what I really don’t like is her strange body shape. Is it just me or is it extra…long? Has it been stretched out to be elongated? Her body looks extra-long with a strange dip in her back and her face look looks strange?
She adopts what I think is a cantering pose, with her hind leg stretched forward, one foreleg bent back. I’m not sure about the placement of these legs either, they seems very long and loping and give her an extra leggy look. I don’t find much wrong with her body markings as looking them up it seems the horses do have widely varying markings, though a good deal darker than hers? I do wish she was better sculpted and hope one day they will redo this particular model with perhaps a better pose and body shape.

The next horse model from Schleich is the Quarter Horse. I find this stallion not as strangely designed as the paint horse though to me his head does seem rather big and out of proportion to the rest of his body? Again, he adopts the running pose with a lovely dark mane and tail streaming out behind him which is lovely. His coat pattern I believe maybe a buckskin, with a light beige overall colour and a gradient of dark brown to black on all hooves and dark brown-black mane and tail. I call him Spirit because of course in reference to that film, I believe it fits him very well.  

The last horse in this group is Dakota, my American Saddlebred mare. I’m really not sure what to think of her either. It’s not her coat pattern or colouration but in fact her sculpting again. I don’t know, she seems rather…tall? Or standing craning her neck out and as for the head on the other end, it seems very elongated too? To me her nose and face don’t look right, they lack the softness and gentleness of other Schleich models. Again, and perhaps because she’s a mare, she stands in a very neutral pose with all four feet on the ground and her head craning up and outwards. Her neck also looks strangely thin? I’m not sure, I think she looks a bit like an overgrown My Little Pony model which isn’t realistic at all. Overall, another disappointing horse model from Schleich. I do hope that looking towards the future, Schleich will hopefully overcome this problem period or slump in their horse models in most recent years. Perhaps they have made an improvement already when I see some of their more recent horse models…

Rating: Paint Horse Mare –3/5
Quarter horse Stallion –4/5
American Saddlebred mare – 2/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 6:12 pm

I can definitely agree on the Paint mare and Saddlebred mare. They do look quite odd and unnatural (especially Dakota) but I like Tadita's coat colour. Her patches don't bother me for once and the Paint foal is just beyond adorable.
I like Spirit quite a bit actually (yes he is a buckskin) but I prefer him in the set exclusive champagne colouring and exclusive steel grey (the latter is still on my wishlist). Therefore I probably won't get him but he is one of the nicer Schleich horses.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 6:18 pm

Thank you Katy and yes, they're probably my least favourite models of my horses along with the Schleich knabstrupper. I do also like Spirit but I'd like to have him in the steel grey too actually
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Horses
Page 1 of 1