Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Horses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Horses  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 10:38 am

Figure Brand: Schleich

Figure Name(s): Oldenburger Stallion (13946)
Holsteiner Gelding (13859)
Shire Stallion (13734)

Sex: All males

Name: Oldenburger Stallion X2  (Henry & Liam)
Holsteiner Gelding (Arthur)
Shire Stallion (Bruce

Year Made: Oldenburger Stallion (???)
Holsteiner Gelding (2018)
Shire Stallion (2013-2017)

Observations/Thoughts:
Very general sort of horses in this recent Schleich haul.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My favourite of the four is the Holsteiner Gelding, I have the Holsteiner Mare who’s a lot different from him, she’s pale beige/cream, but as for Arthur the gelding, he’s got a gorgeous beige/light brown speckled coat. I know he’s in a dull pose, but I think his lovely coat pattern makes up for it. The face is nice, surprisingly white in comparison to the rest of him, though he has got soft features- an all round handsome boy!

Bruce is my second favourite. He’s a really great mould of a shire horse, though, I think for a shire horse, he seems to be a bit slender? Or less huge and chunky in comparison to other shire moulds? Maybe it’s his running pose making him seem so light on his feet? As for his overall shape, I adore it, the head downwards in the running pose with a flowing mane and one foreleg picked up. He looks so fluid and elegant with that pose, and very majestic. Nice to see a Shire horse in this powerful pose. Because of this, I gave him a very kingly, powerful name: Bruce! It seems to fit him as being what he is I think he’s very English etc.

I have two Oldenburger Stallions called Henry and Liam. I bought one previously online, then completely forgot I had one already and bought another in a shop! Oh well…
Anyway, they are both lovely stallions too, with a really dark deep shade of brown, reminiscent of one of the Mustang models…?
Again, the mane is very short, stubby and seems to be uplifted with holes in the mould. One foot is also bent forward slightly giving him a very youthful look, like a foal, especially with the longish head and the short, swept back mane. I like to think of them both as the young, troublesome twins!

Rating: Oldenburger Stallion- 4/5
Holsteiner Gelding- 4/5
Shire Stallion- 5/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 2:38 pm

Some lovely horses!

I love all three of them. They are awesome.
The only one from this three that I already have in my collection is Arthur. He is a very handsome boy, I love his standing position. The name Arthur suit him very well as he has just such a regal look to him. I named mine Gabriel and he is kind of the Athos of my horses because he looks wise to me.
The Shire stallion is probably my favourite from these three. He has such a wild and energetic pose. I really like his blaze and coat colour as well. He is on top of my wishlist and he is actually still on the market.
The Oldenburger stallion is easily my favourite horse that came out in 2022. I remember when I saw his product picture for the first time I fell immediately in love with this mould. He looks so young and sweet! And his cout colour is interesting too. He is also on my wishlist.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 3:16 pm

Thank you Katy and yes, I love them loads! I do love your choice of Gabriel though too. And...Athos? I've never heard that before and it's cool. Funny because I recently bought the shire stallion and for some reason thought his mould had been discontinued though that's obviously not true.
I love the Oldenburger too, he looks like an overgrown foal! XD
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 4:04 pm

I suppose that you didn't read the three musketeers then. Athos is my favourite of the four. He is the wisest, D'Artagnan the young adventurer, Porthos the strongest and Aramis the "most handsome".
I love those books and can definitely recommend reading those. I've read two books so far and there is still a third one that is on my reading list.
And because I love the characters so much I looked through the horse models and decided who portraits them best.
So far I have Athos (in form of Gabriel) and Aramis (2020 Arabian stallion) in my collection. D'Artagnan will be the Pura Raza Española stallion and Porthos the Clydesdale gelding.
And the Oldenburger stallion really looks like Raúl to me (I won't name him like that though). He just has this young, kind and brave look to him. Raúl is a character from the second part.
Normally a model with the age of Schleich's Shire horses would have been retired a long time ago but for some reason they are still on the market. It's incredible to believe but this year they reached a runtime of ten years!
I'm not complaining though because I still didn't get them.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 4:12 pm

Oh I see where those names are from, I'm forever doing that too, naming my animals after characters I know and love.
Raul is great, and to me seems like it's a candidate for some exotic breed of horse like the Andalusian or a Pura Raza type, so if I get another of those, I have a build up of these 'exotic' names to match too. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    Collection Review: Schleich Horses  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Horses
Page 1 of 1