Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 10:53 am

Figure Brand: Schleich

Figure Name(s): Blossom Pegasus (70590)
Flower Unicorn Foal (70591)
Crystal Unicorns Sunstone (SH70776)

Sex: All female

Name: Blossom Pegasus- Mayblossom
Flower Unicorn Foal- Petal
Crystal Unicorns Sunstone- Sunny

Year Made: Blossom Pegasus- 2020
Flower Unicorn Foal- 2020
Crystal Unicorns Sunstone- 2023?

Observations/Thoughts:
Very sweet and unusual little collection of unicorns and Pegasus.
I also coupled the little sunstone unicorn from the Schleich gemstones unicorn set in with these pair.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mayblossom is the Blossom Pegasus. She’s probably the most unusual design of the fantasy horses Schleich has put out so far because of the unusual sculpting of her wings, they aren’t typical feathery wings but seem to be made of flowers? Her mane and tail is also bunchy and seems reminiscent of vines and ivy, particularly with pink roses growing through it. Her hooves also end in distinctive blue/grey/purple tufts and colouration, I don’t know what shade it is, I’ve never seen it before and find it unique.

Petal, the flower unicorn foals seems very similar to her, though she has no wings but a tiny horn, she’s got the same teal mane, grey-purple tufts and the traces of flowers through her mane. What I love about her though is the really sweet pose, her head slightly raised and tilted upwards giving her a really interested, inquisitive look. And her pink nose, it’s a really soft, babyish looking detail that I love.

Sunny is the Sunstone part of the crystal unicorn set, I had originally ordered a marshmallow unicorn from a local toyshop but unfortunately as they were out of stock, they sent me her instead, I was a little disappointed, but in time I came to lover her, she’s a very bright little foal, looks so lively and prancing and is definitely a joy to look at. With time, I think I will collect the rest of her sisters in the gemstone series.
As non-typical unicorns go, they are a very nice set and kudos to Schleich for their design.

Rating: Blossom Pegasus-4/5
Flower Unicorn Foal-4/5
Crystal Unicorns Sunstone- 4/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 11:03 am

Some lovely fantasy figures!
I like the design of the flower pair. Especially the Pegasus appeals to me. The only thing I don't really like is their paintjob. Their manes, tails and feathering are so detailed but Schleich didn't paint them properly. They've lost so much potential with it sadly.
Sunny is sure a pretty girl and I might like her the best out of these three. She looks so delicately sculpted and her colour scheme is very nice. She is definitely on my wishlist.
Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns
Page 1 of 1