Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 9:37 am

Figure Brand: Schleich

Figure Name(s): Rainbow Love Unicorn Stallion (70742)
                        Rainbow Love Unicorn Mare (70726)
                        Collectible Rainbow Unicorn (70742)

Sex: Rainbow Unicorn- Male
       Rainbow Love Unicorn- Female
       Collectible Rainbow Foal- Female

Name: Rainbow Unicorn- Spikealicious
          Rainbow Love Unicorn Mare- Arianna
          Collectible Rainbow Foal- Flossie

Year Made: Rainbow Unicorn (2022)
                Rainbow Love Unicorn Mare (2023)
                Collectible Rainbow Foal (2023???)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Arianna

Spikealicious

Flossie

Observations/Thoughts: Nice little family, for those of us that are into our Schleich unicorns. They are the best toy brand out there for doing unicorn sculpts I think. Lovely muted white bodies, slender legs, elegant heads and typical horse with horn type unicorns that are so common, but well done from Schleich. These have as mane and tail that ends with a blended rainbow sort of colouring, like it’s dipped etc. The only real difference in them both is slightly different horns and hooves.
Flossie has the smallest horn as she’s only a foal, but Spikealicious:
Because he's the male, I guess that's why he has the bigger, silver horn and the silvery hooves. He also has a heart marking on his rump with some coloured gemstones set in it, I believe with My Little Ponies this is known as a ‘cutesy mark’ but with Schleich, I don’t think this is the case.

Arianna, the Rainbow Mare has a smaller horn, and her spike and hooves are copper coloured. Her heart on her rump is also copper coloured. With both unicorns, they also have a sprinkling of glitter in their manes and tails and just a tiny pink blush on the nose which is a sweet little detail I love.

Flossie herself isn't part of the Unicorn Rainbow Love family, she's actually listed as a 'Collectible Rainbow Foal' as the foal from that Love set is different, but I just put her in with them as she definitely seems to take after her 'parents' Razz
She has a silver horn and hooves, but she’d just the sweetest, and in my opinion, the favorite of the three. Unlike her parents, she hasn’t got a heart and gemstones on her rump but a little painted cake pattern. Maybe she was a celebratory, special piece?
All in all, if you’re into unicorns, these are a nice, cute family from Schleich, though they definitely do far more decorated and themed ones.
Rating: Rainbow Unicorn- 4/5
Rainbow Love Unicorn Mare- 4/5
Collectible Rainbow Foal - 5/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 11:10 am

Some nice models!
I quite like the new rainbow unicorn stallion. He has a really nice posture and I like his mane and tail.
I am still not sure how I feel about the mare. I don't really like her mould but I never looked at them in shops so that might change if I see her in person.
I really like their original foal though. His pose is pretty cute.
The little rainbow cake unicorn is one of my favourites in this series. I really like the colours. They are very soft and blend in nicely. But I'm really behind on these collectible unicorns. There are currently only two of them in my collection and one of them is from the same series as your rainbow cake one. I'm not really a fan of those "patterns" on their hips. Their current gemstone series looks a little bit more "realistic" with those and especially the ones that came out this July.
So Flossie (and many more) are on my wishlist.
All three came out in 2022 by the way.
I'm really excited to see what they plan for next year in Bayala. I wonder if they do another collectible series.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 11:35 am

I totally agree Katy, the little...Pearl and Opal(?) foal are on my wishlist because they're so cute too.
I also do prefer the stallion, Spikealicious's mane as it's more flowing, whereas Arianna's looks more...curly? Set?
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 8:29 pm

Oh, pearl and opal are on my wishlist as well. Pearl might be even my favourite of the current series they have. The only problem might be that his colours do not match with the rest of the conga. And opal is very nice either. His colours match well. I hope to get my first model on this mould next month.
I noticed that I have a model named Arianna in my collection as well, only that she is a horse and not a unicorn.
And yeah I prefer Spikealicious's mane to the one from Arianna too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns
Page 1 of 1