Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 10:21 am

Figure Brand: Schleich

Figure Name(s): Moon Unicorn Stallion (D-73527)
Star Pegasus – Mare (70579)
Decorated Unicorn (D-73527)

Sex: Moon Unicorn- Male  
       Star Pegasus-Female
      Decorated Unicorn- Female

Name: Moon Unicorn- Moongazer
       Star Pegasus- Celestia
      Decorated Unicorn- Arianna

Year Made: Moon Unicorn- 2019
       Star Pegasus- 2022
      Decorated Unicorn- 2018

Observations/Thoughts:
These lovely fantasy horses from Schleich are once again, probably some of the nicest sculpts of unicorns and pegasus (pegasi…?) any toy company puts out there I think.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Moongazer is my favourite of the trio, he’s my favourite unicorn and I think the reason he is is because not only his pose and flowing mane/tail but his gorgeous deep violet colour. It’s very nice to see such a dark unicorn, not one in shades of pastel. There’s a flowing look to his dark mane and tail, making him look as though he’s just coming to a halt and some evening breeze is causing all that movement in his mane. The mark on his rump is also, very appropriately, a crescent moon.

Celestia, the Star Pegasus is my second favourite of the trio. She’s such a pretty Pegasus with really slender elegant legs, and a huge plait as her whole tail. There’s also really small little plaits through her mane which I adore, she’s so decorated! Not only that, but her hooves are gold tipped and the tips of her wings go from violet to transparent and tipped with little purple stars. I’ll be honest, I’m not overly fond of the transparent wings, as I think they look a little like insect wings, and thus maybe too gauzy and not enough to hold up an actual horse in flight.

Arianna is a very typical pretty unicorn with a very pink/peach blush coloring to her, a pink mane and lots of decorated pieces on her tail and made to seem like they are braided through it. She’s also got a pearl necklace and seems to me like she’s one with the eye for jewelry and otherwise, shiny objects. Other than that she just seems like she’s a general pretty unicorn type.

Rating: Moon Unicorn- 5/5
       Star Pegasus-4/5
      Decorated Unicorn- 4/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 6:48 pm

I see some very pretty models!
Moongazer is simply a dream! I love him and he is probably my favourite of these three as well. He is already a part of my collection and I named him Amythist. I love his deep purple colouring and delicate sculpture. He is probably my favourite figure created by DaVinci creations (at least so far).
The Star Pegasus mare is also very pretty. She looks even more shiny in your picture than she actually is. I have her as well and named her Zlata. Celestia fits her very well and I have "blocked" this name for a foal already.
Arianna was also sculpted by DaVinci creations and wow what a mane she has! She looks simply beautiful. I don't have her in my collection yet but she is definitely on my wishlist.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 7:36 pm

Cool! I didn't know they were done by DaVinci Creations, I'll have to look them up now, they are great at these really pretty unicorns!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 7:55 pm

Da Vinci creations or Vincent Lange as his real name is, has sculpted for Schleich a few years now. In Horse Club his figures are the 2019 tournament Trakehner mare, the 2020 Trakehner gelding, the 2021 Sorraia stallion and the 2023 Haflingers (at least the ones I know). For bayala he also made one of the collectible unicorns sculpture. This is the one Tourmaline is currently on.
I like most of these sculpts and definitely want to get the Sorraia stallion and probably the Haflinger mare. I wonder if he made some of the 2024 horses or unicorns...
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 8:03 pm

He's very talented anyway, I looked him up and his Pegasus horses look amazing, there's also a hippocampus type one? That's cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns
Page 1 of 1