Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 6:27 pm

Figure Brand: Schleich & Papo

Figure Name(s): Schleich Texan Longhorn Cow 13865
Schleich Texas Longhorn Bull 13866
Papo American Bison 50119

Sex: Texan Longhorn Cow- Female
Texas Longhorn Bull- Male
American Bison- Male

Name: Texan Longhorn Cow- Dallas
Texas Longhorn Bull- Lancaster
American Bison- Winchester

Year Made: Texan Longhorn Cow- 2018
Texas Longhorn Bull- 2018
American Bison- 2010

Observations/Thoughts:
First time I committed to doing a haul of the American bovines! I’ve added them to my collection, as I’ve always wanted bovines from the US with very strong, masculine, American sorts of names. They seem to fit as I always think the likes of Lancaster and Winchester sound like cowboys…One was a gun model too so it kinda figures…
What I love about both Schleich Texan Longhorns is the difference in the colour of both genders, yes the markings and the moulds are practically the same, with the figure merely standing there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dallas is a lovely smoky blue-black sort of shade with a smoky looking ring on her lower back and forehead and another on her haunches, aside from that she’s all black and with huge, wide sweeping horns.

Her male counterpart, Lancaster also has the same markings and pose as her, but his are more muted because he’s brown and white. His horns also seem wider, darker brown too?

Winchester is my favourite of the three, he’s a very powerful strong figure, true to life of the real American Bisons, with a huge amount of shoulder, upper back and neck, and a massive very woolly looking hump there. He stands, all four feet planted apart on the ground and tail raised, drawn back and forming a kind of a hook. His horns are very small, as bisons are, but still very sharp. He’s also got a really flat and actually amazing profile, I love him loads and like just having him around as he gives off very strong, masculine vibes.

Rating: Texan Longhorn Cow- 4/5
Texas Longhorn Bull- 4/5
American Bison- 5/5
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 7:06 pm

I enjoy seeing the Papo bison receiving love at first glance. Some of us, including myself, took some time to notice how good this bison is. My favorite now is the new CollectA but since you're looking for something powerful and masculine, Papo is the perfect for you. Schleich longhorn cattle is great too but that's a sort of cattle which has been competently represented by many brands.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 7:09 pm

Yes Roger, I do think I've seen the CollectA bison as he's on my wishlist too, I love him lots too and one day I will get him.
Back to top Go down
Buzzcocks

Buzzcocks

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines  EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 7:15 pm

Great figures that's a good collection
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines  EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 9:21 am

Thank you Buzzcocks!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines  EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 9:46 am

Some nice bovines!

I already have the Schleich Texas Longhorn cow and she is really nice! Her black coat colour and the white patches make a nice contrast. And I like the colour of her horns. Unfortunately I don't have a name for her yet.

In the case of Schleich's Texas Longhorn bull and Papo's bison I have to say that I prefer the newer CollectA versions which are both on my wishlist. But Lancaster and Winchester are still nice renditions.
I wonder if there's a female or at least a genderless bison model currently out there because all tend to make specifically male bisons...
I really like the name Lancaster by the way! It sounds kind of regal.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines  EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:18 am

Thank you Katy and yeah, I'm running out of cowboy names for them already! ^^
I dunno what female bison's look like, smaller with lesser horns I guess? I noticed that not many figurines seem to depict a bison cow also,...so maybe that's another one for a wishlist for Papo/Schleich/ CollectA etc to make.
How cool would a family of them be?!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 7:23 pm

From what I've found female bisons are simply smaller than male ones.
I would love to see a bison family! Baby bisons are reddish coloured, so adorable! Hopefully some of the major brands will release one someday.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 7:30 pm

Yeah I'm not the only one then that wants a bison family either, they'd be so cute! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines    Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich and Papo US Bovines
Page 1 of 1