Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull   Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 4:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Figure Brand: Schleich
Figure Name(s): Highland Bull (13919) & Black Bull (13875)
Sex: Males
Name(s): Angus and Andrei and Maximus (I actually own two black bulls after a mistaken order!^^)
Year Made: Angus the Highland Bull- 2021
      Andrei and Maximus the Black Bulls- 2018
Observations/Thoughts: Absolutely fabulous bulls these pair! I adore them both, mainly because hoofed animals are my thing, and with Schleich, these two are really nicely made and really chunky. They can’t afford NOT to be chunky, right? Real bovines are seriously powerful animals and these models really convey that.
What I love most is Angus actually has a slightly crooked horn- one curves up while the other actually splays outward. It gives him a great, quirky, slightly…disorganised look? He’s great though, has nice detailing like shaggy orange, brown coat piling and stubby thick little legs. The horn is what I love about him though, gives him character personality. I called him Angus because of course as he IS a Highland Cow, he should have a suitable Scottish name. That and the whole collection with Angus beef…

The other Schleich Bull is the Black Bull, which I accidently ended up with two of them due to an online ordering mistake, but that doesn’t matter though, I have a fondness for both boys.   I Christened both with names (Andrei & Maximilien) that remind me of something one might call a Spanish bull, as these two remind me of the Spanish bull model.
However, this model is far less dynamic in pose than the Spanish bull, the pose is a mere ‘walking’ one with one leg forward etc. Tail is also long and downcast, that still doesn’t stop me enjoying the model however, and I love the heavyset molding of them.  
Rating: Highland Bull: 5/5

Black Bull: 4/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull   Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 5:44 pm

I do really like both models. They just look so kind! And I love Highland cattle. But I never noticed that his horns are positioned like that. Is it supposed to be so or did you get just a very special model? Anyway it makes him even cuter. I wish though that someone will release a black Highland cow someday and not only the red ones.
This black bull always reminded me of a spanish bull either. Andrei and Maximilian are not typical Spanish names though but I don't know the naming traditions of Spanish bulls. Maybe they like to choose name varients from other countries for them which is an interesting idea.
Both are definitely on my wishlist.
And by the way I really like the name Angus for the Highland. I think that I will mine Hannibal but I am not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull   Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 5:49 pm

Hi Katy and yes, I think he's adorable too with his little wonky horn! I presume it's part of the modelling process?
I agree, they need to introduce black and cream ones(there's cream highland cows too!)
I'm glad you like their names, not necessarily Spanish for the black bulls but definitely continental and how could I not call Angus...Angus?! 😅
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull   Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 6:04 pm

Oh cream Highlands... I would love to see those in my beloved plastic Smile .
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull   Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 6:15 pm

They are gorgeous alright, and as cows go, a small chunky tough little breed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull   Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Highland Bull and Black Bull
Page 1 of 1