Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set

Go down 
+3
lucky luke
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set Empty
PostSubject: Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set   Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 9:08 pm

I saw this on Amazon and had to snag it! I admit, I not a big koala fan. I DO like them as an animal species of course but its one of those species that gets over exaggerated and is "overly liked" for nonsensical reasons (like the giant panda, or penguins = cute economy). So really, I bought the set for the roos (unique sculpts and postures, big male roos, how could I resist!!!) BUT these koalas are actually stunning... Lets get into it.

I thought the 2 koalas and tree were one sculpted piece. THEY'RE NOT. Each one is equisitely sculpted to latch onto the tree, all THREE.

The roos all appear to be male, 2 younger and smaller bucks and one adult relaxing. The underside of his body isn't just flat smooth either. Its sculpted fur texture!!! CollectA bison and Mojo Arctic wolf for size comparison. Photos with proper compatriots will come this weekend.

Superb set and the best quality seen yet from this new brand. Cannot wait to see (and buy!) more!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Please pardon the poor photos/shadows. I hurried outside to photograph these before the danged skeeters got me! What a Face pale

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set   Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 9:17 pm

Wow was NOT expecting the koalas to come off the tree. I already have soo many roos and koalas but ahhh this set is tempting!! Mad

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set   Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 9:20 pm

I didnt even realise the biggest one could go on the tree. I thought it was the same generic "koala" pose several big brands use. But NOPE! He has a spot too and was sculpted to cling to the top branch (photos on Amazon didn't have him there, just the 2 smaller ones).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set   Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 8:57 am

Congratulations, very nice acquisition, Very Happy Applause cheers
I really like the unconventional poses, Rolling Eyes I love you
especially the lying kangaroo and the youngest broutan, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set   Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 11:33 am

Wow, nice figures. I hope for more

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set   Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 2:53 pm

fine! cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set   Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set EmptyWed Jul 26, 2023 10:18 am

They all look good, with interesting poses. The Toymany company may be part of a new development, where Chinese manufacturers design their own models rather than copy existing models of the main brands. I am hoping that these new Chinese companies will take a new direction in animal toy design rather than imitate the style, size and species of the current main brands. As yet, the Toymany style is very similar but at least the size and poses are a bit different.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set   Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 2:04 pm

Here are the koalas. I will try to do Kangaroos here a little later. I can't seem to find my proper metal rulers to photograph... I found a cheap magnetic one that had to so... The tree from base to its tallest point (a branch) is 14.5 cm or 5 3/4 inches. The biggest koala (sits at the top of the tree) is just past 6.5 cm from ear tip to tail (measuring diagonally from those points) or 2.5 inches. Sleepiest koala (sleeping stretched out) is 8 cm or just past 3 inches from hand claw to foot claw. Then the smallest curled up one is just past 4.5 cm or 3 and 3/4 inches from eat tip to tail.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set   Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 2:15 pm

Genuinely good koalas, they even got those spooky eyes. I feel the same way as you do about them and only have ones that complete sets for me, but if I were a bigger figure collector, I might consider these!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set   Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 2:27 pm

Ok, roos now. The mature male lying down is a tick past 14 cm or a tick past 5 1/2 inches long, 4 cm tall from elbow to ear tip. Grazing juvenile is 8.5 cm or just short of 3 1/2 inches long and is 4 cm tall also (foot base to top of back). Upright juvenile is 6.5 cm or 2 3/4 long from claw tip to tail, and then just short of 6 cm tall.

And compared to what I have of major brand models.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set   Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set Empty

Back to top Go down

Toymany Kangaroo and Koala set
Page 1 of 1