Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!

Go down 
+8
75senta75
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
widukind
Taos
Roger
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! Empty
PostSubject: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 2:13 pm

I'm not posting my additions for a long time, not that I have had many but I decided to open a new topic since I'm receiving some figures during these days.
Let's start with a generous gift box from Christophe I received a few days ago. Ironically I'm presenting them on Christophe's birthday but that's purely a coincidence.
Christophe always finds those illusive vintage figures nobody know and he performed a fantastic contribution to my collection, especially the giant anteaters which I'll write more later on their dedicated topic.

Those are the very old Blancherie Frères Giant Anteater and the Johillco giant anteater. Formidable rare figures! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Foxes, of course, variations of models I owned before and I will also write more about them in my foxes topic. A Starlux, actually I am not sure I photographed the version Kiki sent to me (photo replaced). Laughing ... and a different color of the Houghton Mifflin fox.

That's the start of this gift box, I guess. Christophe knowing I wanted the Eikoh Loris, contacted me to tell me that he had an Eikoh Loris for me. What a joy, I love Eikoh figures but they always require an extra effort since we have to buy them from Japan. Buying an entire set for a few figures or buying just the desired figure is always difficult so I feel really blessed anytime I receive an Eikoh figure. I like them more than those by Kaiyodo even if they're not as realistic as the latter ones.
Here a comparison with the Schleich Loris.

... and a little cheery to top the cake, this really funny crocodile, I don't know the material, it feels heavier than plaster but that's the cutest croc of ever. monkey Razz

Thanks Christophe, you're again being quite generous, I wished I could please you equally. Have a Joyeux Anniversaire!!! cheers cheers cheers

Today I also received a box from Yvette, I will try to present it next days.

Last edited by Roger on Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 6:06 pm

Superb additions especially the oldies!!The Eikoh Slow Loris is another treasure!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 6:29 pm

Phantastic start :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 7:58 pm

Wonderful new additions! The Eikoh loris is a great figure. I'm hoping Brett will do another sale around the holidays this year so I can get some more Eikoh figures.

Those anteaters are splendid! I don't know anything about them but I love to see older models.

Congrats!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyFri Oct 27, 2023 6:42 pm

What a funny crocodile lol!

Like all the BF figures, their anteater is amazing. Its tail reminds me of another figure, but I don't know which. I didn't know Johillco made an anteater in plastic.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyFri Oct 27, 2023 10:12 pm

Thanks everyone. Roger, I will try to write a little more about the anteaters in their topic.

Yesterday another box arrived, this time from Yvette. flower

It doesn't matter how much I try to convince myself that I have enough composition figures but I couldn't resist to these two Elastolin birds. The eagle and the capercaillie. We only can see how magnificent they are when we have them in our hands.

It is also not a secret that I collect some dogs now and here are a few more from Yvette to my collection.
Here the Old English Sheepdog by Bullyland called Sam and the AAA (small) Poodle.

These are the walking Labrador by New-Ray and the Husky by CollectA.
It is impressive how these New-Ray dogs, sold in very cheap sets, are still as good as the best dog figures from the major companies.

Yvette as usual included several gifts for my other collecting hobby and it is fair to thank her for being always so generous. flower

Today another box arrived, I will try to show tomorrow. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 12:25 am

Congratulations Roger! Lots of beauties. That capercaillie especially!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 11:12 am

Thanks Paige, here is a picture to show how rules fail miserably with me. I'm trying to narrow my collection of dogs to one piece per breed but it doesn't work. Here is a picture showing two labs. I'm using the chance also to show how these New-Ray dogs compare with Papo.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 7:02 pm

That is a challenge Roger! But with some breeds there are regional differences that sometimes result in them being spearated as different breeds... for instance the American or English Cocker Spaniel. In this case, english labs and american labs look (and behave) very different. The papo is an English type while the newray is an American type. What a Face

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 7:49 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 10:30 pm

Thanks Paige and Andreas! Paige, After reading your post I've read about the two types and you're completely right! Actually the differences between these figures are not only a question of sculpting style but the type differences are also evident and I would never notice without your help. A good excuse to retain both figures in my collection. flower

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 10:31 pm

This was another very important surprise box. Our old forum friend, Kristie, the owner of the horse that inspired Anna Dobrowolska's Mojö Fun Fjord, decided to say hello and send me some gifts for my birthday. Don't be surprised by the Nevermind cassette; that piece of music was the first original album I ever had in my life, and the musical work I've loved the most to this day. I received the North American version in 1993, and a year later, it mysteriously disappeared. Only recently did I confirm that it had simply been stolen by someone very close to me for whom this cassette was worthless. Despite it being 30 years ago, that episode hurt me deeply. I'm not materialistic in any way, especially because cassettes have no comparable value to vinyl, but I am too attached to this album because it was my soundtrack during the time I lost my mother when I was still young. I apologize for the outburst and the melodramatic tone, but this is the only way you would understand why this is so important to me. Yes, knowing the story, Kristie went out of her way to find a North American version and give it to me, which is one of the most emotional birthday gifts I've ever received.
Additionally, Kristie also gave me these two Mojö Fun dogs. I love both figures and think they are the best representatives of their respective breeds, Dalmatian and English Bulldog. Of course, there is always a Breyer in Kristie's boxes, a beautiful Gypsy Vanner that I think we know from Roger's posts. There are also two small hard plastic dogs. October is turning out to be a wonderful month for my collection, and I must thank this wonderful community.

Here an additional photo showing the Mojö English bulldog witht he Papo French Bulldog.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 6:51 am

Oh Kristie! I miss her... I am so glad that not only did she pop back to say hello to you Roger but that she also showed her incredibly kind heart once again. You have lots of goodies there, from the album to all the doggos and the breyer! Congratulations my friend!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 10:33 am

Great arrivals Rogério, Yvette parcel is fantastic as usual but I must say the most fantastic gift of your "nearly birthday" is having news from Kristie sunny  It's really fantastic to know our old time friend is still a bit with us cheers

By the way, I think the last Starlux fox I sent you has lighter colors Wink
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 10:17 pm

So many new nice additions to your collection!

The birthday present from Kristie is so wonderful, she has put so much thoughts into everything
with great care and details. It's really quite remarkable and very touching.
I am also very happy to hear from Kristie again in this way. Really, a very extraordinary and beautiful gift! I love you flower cheers sunny

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 11:45 pm

A very moving testimony of frienship that cassette! Very Happy drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 12:08 am

Very wise words my friends! cheers Thanks everyone! Very Happy

Just as a symbolic gesture, I decided to give a little gift to myself and I bought locally the Papo Andean condor which I love so much. Very Happy

Christophe, I replaced the picture of the Starlux fox. Below one showing three different colors although we don't know what is exactly the brighter one.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 8:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 10:33 pm

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 12:26 pm

Thanks Andreas and Taylor. Very Happy

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 9:49 pm

Lots of great new additions! I can't keep up. Wonderful dogs, the Labrador and Dalmation are my favourites. Fantastic that you got your cassette "back" after so many years. Do you still have a cassette player?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 11:46 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Lots of great new additions! I can't keep up. Wonderful dogs, the Labrador and Dalmation are my favourites. Fantastic that you got your cassette "back" after so many years. Do you still have a cassette player?

Thanks Roger. I do! Very Happy Though, CD is still my favorite listening experience. I don't want to risk to damage the tape and I have this album in CD too.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 11:57 pm

This week I received a surprise gift box from Paige and what a fantastic one it is!
Paige has been an active member on forum for a very long time and someone who contributes a lot to keep our village active.
However, her captivating and kind personality is what I appreciate the most, and it has been a great pleasure for me to maintain a beautiful friendship with someone so special.
Paige decided to consecrate our friendship with something tangible and something with the purpose of surprising me. So, let's see what was inside the box.
In a period when I am in an incurable fever of interest in birds, among the first figures I unwrapped were the birds of prey from the K&M tube.
This is probably the best tube from the extensive list of the brand, and I used to have two or three models, but now I have the complete set. It is a collection of beautiful figures with very interesting species. An important detail is that one of the figures was missing, and Paige conspired with Beatrice, who ended up sending me the missing figure. These young people today leave nothing incomplete. Laughing flower flower

Species can be seen here! cat

Paige also included several Yowies; these are half-surprises because I would say I expressed interest in them but was not expecting to receive so many. The American Yowies are by far my favorites of all the series; some figures work beautifully with figures from larger brands. Here are a few more birds.

Lear's macaw, kagu and Sumatran ground cuckoo.

Next, several mammals:

Back row: Short-beaked echidna puggle, brown-throated sloth, Southern bent-wing bat and black-flanked rock-wallaby

Front row: Iberian lynx cub, Northern glider, black-footed ferret and Saimaa ringed seal

Here a close up of my favorite Yowie of this batch

... and also amphibians and a cute baby crocodile.

Phantasmal poison frog , Cuban crocodile baby, Punk Rock frog and...

es, one of the amphibians is not a Yowie but the almost impossible to find African reed frog by Schleich.
Paige noticed that I mentioned somewhere that I regretted not buying this beautiful figure when it was available locally and she made a great effort to get one for me. It is these details and this dedication that demonstrate the qualities of this friend, as I mentioned in my confusing introduction.

Sure, foxes could not be missing, or the fennec and the wolf depending on how we want to see them. I have already introduced them in my Foxes dedicated topic

K&M AZA Collection fennec fox and K&M Arctic fox/wolf from the Polar Nature Tube.

Since most of these figures are tube sized or choco egg confined, I can share comparison pictures if needed. Here is one with a group of birds completely misrepresented in this hobby. Cuculiformes!

Safari great roadrunner and Sumatran ground Cuckoo

Thanks once more my friend Paige for bringing some colors to my life and giving wings to my joy.  cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySun Nov 26, 2023 12:19 am

Wonderful K&M birds of prey set and Yowie models! I didn't know there was an iberian lynx Very Happy .. A big cheers cheers cheers cheers to Paige and to you who gave rise to such a friendship! cheers cheers Applause

Last edited by Caracal on Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! EmptySun Nov 26, 2023 1:00 am

Quite the treasure box you received from Paige. How nice! sunny
Your favourite Yowie
doesn't seem to be very charmed with you.

Did you grin at her with all your croc teeth, Roger? Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!   Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's 2023 Arrivals! Updated 25th November with a package from Paige!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next