Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo Fun 2024 Releases

Go down 
+23
Bloodrayne
TeemoMeansLove
Katy Leven
Stripedhyena
aschuck
rogerpgvg
Sergey
Duck-Anch-Amun
MansoBoricua
NightLioness
Conan
Tupolew Tu-154
Kikimalou
Taos
endogenylove
lucky luke
Caracal
Joliezac
widukind
Roger
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
molla.nasreddin
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2023 9:10 pm

I think criticism is valid, especially for the male lion. My commentary was mostly just to validate that so far the species choices, while not exciting for some, are still new for this young brand. It seems they have gone back to some basics the last few years to make their core basic species/sellers line up more robust (gorilla, kangaroo, elephant, etc.).

That being said, I think the issue I have is the neck on both look a bit more skinny and this makes them look longer than they should be. And it could just be the angle. Here is a very poor quick edit on my phone's editor to present what I mean. I think its easier to see on the male as I couldn't color match well for the female but I think it gets the idea across...
Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 Screenshot-20231206-120151-Chrome

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2023 10:10 pm

Why do I have the feeling these aren't just normal African lions? The London Toy Fair page only listed them as lion and lioness. I also find it strange Mojo Fun hasn't shown any of these on their social media pages yet.

MansoBoricua

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2023 10:37 pm

Nothing for me here... pale

Definitely not buying any Mojo Fun figure again...

Last edited by MansoBoricua on Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://ianadames02.wixsite.com/ianadamesart
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2023 10:59 pm

Only these crippled lions? If they were fully barbary lions with more hair, than it will be great. But now, no. Weak, very weak, Mojo.

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 11:46 am

Don't get me wrong. I don't think the 2 lion figures look good myself and there seems to have been a drop in quality at Mojo Fun (I didn't really like some of the last figures - but can only rate them via pictures as I never saw them in reality myself). But I don't understand the hate? But I guess it's normal in times of the internet and social media, you can just throw everything out there. This has long been the case with other "hobbies" such as football or, increasingly in recent years, movies.

But perhaps some users should remember that we're still dealing with TOY figures here!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 6:46 pm

Exactly, STS is not the place for hate, we can give our opinion but in a polite way and constructively. Surely we have to be honest but avoiding agressive comments.

I think it is interesting to show the Lion #0, it was supposed to be the first Mojö lion but it was never released since the brand manager was not happy with the final result. I have one of the 5 samples produced and as you can see, it has a large mane and quite dark.

Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 Mojo-rejected-lion

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 7:13 pm

Can we call them new figurines for 2024?!!

Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 Screenshot-20231208-213759-Instagram-2

Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 Screenshot-20231208-213745-Instagram-2
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 7:14 pm

Roger wrote:
Exactly, STS is not the place for hate, we can give our opinion but in a polite way and constructively. Surely we have to be honest but avoiding agressive comments.

I think it is interesting to show the Lion #0, it was supposed to be the first Mojö lion but it was never released since the brand manager was not happy with the final result. I have one of the 5 samples produced and as you can see, it has a large mane and quite dark.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 7:46 pm

That's exciting to see the repaints! Not sure I care for the color of the mane but its not terrible.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 10:45 pm

They're defintely new figures although they're not new moulds. Interesting the choice for a darker mane, I have never seen it.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 11:20 pm

I totally missed your lion Roger; its actually nice! I miss the days when James was on forum. :)

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 11:32 pm

The whites are better.
And my comment wasn't aggressive. Some write similar in Schleich thread and no one said, it was aggressive.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 1:28 pm

Roger wrote:

What a treasure! It's very wonderful that a special collector like you has such a special model. When was it made? Do you have other models that were never released?

This year's new Mojo models don't seem to be the next "step up", but for younger collectors, it's worth remembering that until about 15-20 years ago, most of the models by the main brands weren't so realistic. We are lucky to live at a time when so many good models are produced. And longer ago, when I was a child, we could only get the animal figures that were available in the local toy shop. I was happy to collect 35 Britains animals during my childhood.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 7:13 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I totally missed your lion Roger; its actually nice! I miss the days when James was on forum. :)

rogerpgvg wrote:
Roger wrote:

What a treasure! It's very wonderful that a special collector like you has such a special model. When was it made? Do you have other models that were never released?

This year's new Mojo models don't seem to be the next "step up", but for younger collectors, it's worth remembering that until about 15-20 years ago, most of the models by the main brands weren't so realistic. We are lucky to live at a time when so many good models are produced. And longer ago, when I was a child, we could only get the animal figures that were available in the local toy shop. I was happy to collect 35 Britains animals during my childhood.

Thanks Paige and Roger. I also miss the days James was on forum. Maybe Mojö Fun is also missing the cooperation with us. Wink
Roger, I'm not sure I'm a special collector but surely this lion is a very special model. It is from 2011 just like the original lion which took the place of this model. That's the very first batch of Mojö figures and the start of the brand.
I have another special Mojo figure, not as special as this one. It is a repainted version of their bald eagle which was painted in tthe factory as a golden eagle and it was destined to be a exclusive for an Institution. Though, the project has never been agreed and I received one of the finished samples.
I can't take a picture of it now but you can see it in this old picture, it is the one with open wings. Others are a Schleich and a Miniland which I still have too.

Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 D1fIB

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
The whites are better.
And my comment wasn't aggressive. Some write similar in Schleich thread and no one said, it was aggressive.

I was not referring specifically to your post. It is a generic comment about the way things should work in a community like ours.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 7:23 pm

Oh wow that golden eagle is beautiful! Painted much better than the one they released last year.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 8:04 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Oh wow that golden eagle is beautiful! Painted much better than the one they released last year.

Thanks Jolie, this is a sample/prototype to be presented to the client Institution and painted by one of the artists of the company, a mass produced model is not painted so carefully.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 8:18 pm

Indeed, a beautiful eagle, it outshines the two next to it. Did James leave Mojo or is Mojo no longer interested in communicating with us?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 11:37 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Indeed, a beautiful eagle, it outshines the two next to it. Did James leave Mojo or is Mojo no longer interested in communicating with us?

I'm not sure, I think it is his son who is leading it now? James was in touch with our forum from the 2nd year of new releases, the one after the huge initial batch until the release of the pangolin and black crested macaque. I'd say 2 years and a half. It was surely a way to bring the name of the new brand to the collecting boards and also to listen to the collectors which the brand did actively during those years. It requires a lot of time and when the company started to expand commercially, I believe it turned more difficult for James to cooperate actively on STS.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 6:32 pm

Leopard & day gecko:

Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 Img_6510

Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 Img_6511

I don't think I'll be getting anything from Mojo this year. Except for maybe the puffin. Maybe more things will be announced also Laughing

My main gripe with Mojo is that they have really great species ideas or great sculpts, but the paintwork falls very short. They do have some wonderful gems though! So I feel like you have to pick and choose with this brand quite a bit.

I was mostly disappointed with the Mojo figures I purchased last year, so I may be waiting to see in hand photos first in the future.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 7:33 pm

The day gecko maybe for me

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 7:33 pm

Joliezac wrote:
I was mostly disappointed with the Mojo figures I purchased last year, so I may be waiting to see in hand photos first in the future.

I had more than 50 Mojo figurines last year. but I sold most of them and now I have just 5 😅 
I think Mojo has focused on kids, its figurines are not interesting as Papo & Collecta.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 7:40 pm

I understand that some of our members are disappointed with Mojo this year.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit disappointed myself.

STS has a special bond with Mojo and it has been a great opportunity and a great adventure for us.

For several years James has allowed collectors to participate in the development of his toys: the pangolin, the Proboscis monkey, the lynx, the 2nd generation lions, Linnaeus's two-toed sloth, the Sable and of course the Crested macaque (thank you James cheers ).

Mojo fun also allowed Anna to share her talent with us with the Gaur, the Thylacine, the Quagga, the honeybadgers, etc.

How many companies have produced a sun bear and a black bear before a grizzly or a brown bear? A Tamandua before a Giant anteater? A Brazilian tapir before a Malayan tapir? An emu before an ostrich?

I understand the brand's need to develop its range with more mainstream animals.

In recent years, I've been delighted with warthogs, African elephants, anacondas and aardvarks, so it's no big deal if this year isn't the one I was hoping for.

I still have a lot of respect and gratitude for James Connely.
By the way Rogério, your Lion #0 is still my favourite Mojo lion.  I love you  

Joliezac wrote:

Which ones disappointed you ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 8:17 pm

They're a bit like the frogs they did a while back. Not really wonderful but there have been worse too...Looks like they need to find a sculptor for non mammal models.

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 8:38 pm

I bought all the 2022 birds and I wasn't happy with the paintwork on them. I know stock images rarely accurately depict the figures but these just seemed worse than usual. Also I noticed the my golden eagle's wings have warped. I have many of my birds hanging from wire without any issue but for some reason my Mojo golden eagle has a warping issue.

I only bought the toucan, aardvark, and woolly rhino from last year. I loved the rhino & aardvark, the toucan was alright Laughing

I checked my spreadsheet and I have 61 Mojo figures.

My favorites are the great horned owl, pronghorn, gaur, African wild dog, honey badgers, stoat, sun bear, red kangaroo, Brazilian tapir, sloth, tamandua, pangolin, African elephant, & aardvark.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 8:54 pm

I don't really know what to tell about these geckos. Though, it is a good idea to include geckos in their range. Thanks for sharing Jolie. So you have a warpie eagle and you're not satisfied about it? Wink

Kikimalou wrote:
I understand that some of our members are disappointed with Mojo this year.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit disappointed myself.

STS has a special bond with Mojo and it has been a great opportunity and a great adventure for us.

For several years James has allowed collectors to participate in the development of his toys: the pangolin, the Proboscis monkey, the lynx, the 2nd generation lions, Linnaeus's two-toed sloth, the Sable and of course the Crested macaque (thank you James  cheers ).

Mojo fun also allowed Anna to share her talent with us with the Gaur, the Thylacine, the Quagga, the honeybadgers, etc.

How many companies have produced a sun bear and a black bear before a grizzly or a brown bear? A Tamandua before a Giant anteater? A Brazilian tapir before a Malayan tapir? An emu before an ostrich?

I understand the brand's need to develop its range with more mainstream animals.

In recent years, I've been delighted with warthogs, African elephants, anacondas and aardvarks, so it's no big deal if this year isn't the one I was hoping for.

I still have a lot of respect and gratitude for James Connely.
By the way Rogério, your Lion #0 is still my favourite Mojo lion.  I love you  

Thanks Christophe, it is a very well finished figure and apparently the inspiration was a very good and famous model but this one has a wig. Wink
Of course this particular figure is very special to me for obvious reasons but my favorite lion is Mojo #2. I really like that model despite the lack of a chin.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun 2024 Releases   Mojo Fun 2024 Releases - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo Fun 2024 Releases
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Mojö Fun-
Jump to: