Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New 2024 Fjord Mare

Go down 
+2
Katy Leven
Ponies and Paint
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

New 2024 Fjord Mare Empty
PostSubject: New 2024 Fjord Mare   New 2024 Fjord Mare EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 1:26 am

Well, here she is.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I'll admit, there are some flaws that I can't oversee. Her front leg(lifted one) sticks out a bit from her body when looking a her from certain angles. The hearts in her mane don't have any texture at all. There're just smooth plastic. She is made of the more rubbery material, as opposed to the heavier plastic that Schleich is known for. That being said, she is still cute, and I do appreciate that they gave her a dorsal stripe. I don't know if I would recommend her though. I also got the Friesian stallion in the same package, but it was getting too dark to photograph anything, so I'll post him another time.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Mare   New 2024 Fjord Mare EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 1:27 am

Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Mare   New 2024 Fjord Mare EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 8:53 am

Thank you for sharing these pics!

She looks very cute. I'm positively surprised that she has some decent shading and I just love the structure of her tail. It's somewhat funny that her dorsal stripe looks a little bit like a "chocolate" line that is dripping down her tail and ends in chocolate icing. Can't wait to see all the new releases in stores!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Mare   New 2024 Fjord Mare EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 10:58 am

Thanks for sharing and giving your opinion. I'm convinced Schleich used this kind of rubbery material for the first time with the Shire stallion, husband of Princess if you know what I mean. Laughing Schleich horses were usually sculpted in relatively static poses which did not require a softer material. I suppose that's the reason they used it in this figure too although I'm not sure the pose is that extreme. I hope it is not a dicrease of quality or a way to Schleich make their models suitable for children 10 months +.
I'm glad Fjords are still popular as horse figures, I think a range of horse figures is more interesting if composed by a good number of distinctive breeds.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Mare   New 2024 Fjord Mare EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 1:42 pm

I think this is one of the best horse figures Schleich have made for years - the sculpt style is so much more mature and accurate, like it's aiming at knowledgeable kids who actually know and like horses and horse breeds, rather than being happy with any old horse-shaped thing being offered to them.
As with some of the other recent horses (the Haflingers and Noriker from last year spring to mind, this year's Friesian too), the anatomy is a vast improvement! You can see it actually has a chest and shoulders, the head is a good wedge-shape with the eyes and ears in the right place, the joints in the legs aligned right, and the pose is a realistic gait, the hair's falling naturally. All these sound like damning with faint praise, like I'm crediting it with the bare minimum, but when Schleich horses had become practically unbuyable to anyone with a deeper anatomical and physiological knowledge of the species, it's a massive, massive change to see they're now offering actually horse-shaped horses again. I'm not the biggest fan of the hearts, but they're something which some owners DO do to their fjords for the sake of cuteness, so it's not like the brand's weird obsession with covering everything in unrealistically complex braided hair with ribbons and bows, this is the sort of hair style which is fine for the breed.

And thank you for these in-person photos, having seen how well it's painted I will be buying one! I was put off last year's otherwise appealing Haflinger when the 'real' photos showed the poor shading (at least on the example I saw), but this one looks very nicely done.
The first Schleich I'll have bought new since 2015 Shocked

Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Mare   New 2024 Fjord Mare EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 7:30 pm

Yeah, her shading is definitely an improvement over previous models. I do like the hearts in her mane despite the odd texture, and I'm sure Schleich had to change the original sculpt in order to make production easier.

Back to top Go down
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Mare   New 2024 Fjord Mare EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 7:35 pm

Decided to try some tack on her. I have to admit, she looks quite nice in western tack.

Back to top Go down
Katarzyna

Katarzyna

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Mare   New 2024 Fjord Mare EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 3:16 pm

She looks way better in real tho! bounce
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Mare   New 2024 Fjord Mare EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 7:07 pm

One of the models I'm most looking forward to! Thanks for the walkaround. The bad thing with the rubbery material (as I found out when I got the hippocampus foal) is that it's impossible to fix with the hot water trick if anything is warped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Mare   New 2024 Fjord Mare Empty

Back to top Go down

New 2024 Fjord Mare
Page 1 of 1