Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New 2024 Fjord Gelding

Go down 
+2
Roger
Ponies and Paint
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

New 2024 Fjord Gelding Empty
PostSubject: New 2024 Fjord Gelding   New 2024 Fjord Gelding EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 7:39 am

Oh. My. Word. I am in love with this guy. He is just, wow. His paint job and shading are so much better than the online photos show. His pose is nice. I like dynamic models, but sometimes it's nice to have one that is just standing there(especially for dioramas and photography). He has such a cute face, and I'm really happy with Schleich's new direction(more shading, yay). He is a a very nice model, and I do highly recommend him. Here are pictures for reference:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Gelding   New 2024 Fjord Gelding EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 7:40 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Gelding   New 2024 Fjord Gelding EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 10:51 am

I like dynamic and static, preferrably when there is a mix of poses. Simmone commented recently about Schleich cows having often the same poses while Papo cows can be found in many different poses. Considering that Papo currently makes cattle as good or better than Schleich, the different poses work as one more advantage.
Though, these last years, Schleich is also diversifying the poses of the horses, sometimes with weird results and sometimes with great ones. I find static poses very adjusted for easily identifiable breeds as Fjords are. The figure is really very good, the fact this horse ressembles a zebra is something I like about the breed. It is very well painted and I even would love the figure to be slightly more static since I think a tail dropping vertically could have given more elegance to the piece.
Thanks a lot for opening this topic! flower

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Gelding   New 2024 Fjord Gelding EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 12:38 pm

Another one for my shopping list! Ok so it's a grand total of two, and they're both Fjords, but it's so nice to see Schleich moving toward better sculptors and more realism for their horse range - there's been several releases over the last year or two which are well up among their best ever moulds.

Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Gelding   New 2024 Fjord Gelding EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 12:56 pm

I got this guy right before Christmas and I like him very much. The red dun color suits him, and I like his pose, switching his tail 😃👍

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Gelding   New 2024 Fjord Gelding EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 2:08 pm

Oh I like! Tbh he isn't really up to breed standard (too leggy and short bodied), but as a generic riding type pony? I want to paint him ALL THE COLOURS!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Gelding   New 2024 Fjord Gelding EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 6:26 pm

I rather like this guy as well. Not quite the typical fjord we are used to seeing, but I can't be critical but its a great pony/horse compared to the last many releases by Schleich.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 2024 Fjord Gelding   New 2024 Fjord Gelding Empty

Back to top Go down

New 2024 Fjord Gelding
Page 1 of 1