Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd cattle breeds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Safari Ltd cattle breeds Empty
PostSubject: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 9:04 pm

Safari has released a number of Angus,Hereford,Jersey,Holstein and Brown Swiss.I have included one of their nicer Jersey models.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 10:22 pm

I love their recent cattle, I only wish they started doing some more domestic animals.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 11:23 pm

Safari traditionally assign breeds to their domestic animals what is very nice. Even the old funny charming pigs represent breeds. We haven't had many farm animals lately but I think the quality increased a lot. :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds EmptyWed Dec 27, 2023 10:05 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds EmptyThu Dec 28, 2023 3:44 pm

Yes,would agree that Safari has been giving us models that are very much breed specific for quite a while and that's great.I will do another comparison with the Brown Swiss.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:41 pm

Here are the Safari models again with the Brown Swiss cow
Some older models by Safari-these are among the first models I got when I first went to the USA.I was also just discovering Schleich and Bullyland at the same time.I still think today they are really wonderful models.I always thought the red/white models were Ayrshires but they were marketed as Guernsey.
Now for the opposite-I don't know what Safari was thinking with these models-stumpy legged cattle! Smile

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 2:06 am

Strangely the Guernsey are not on TAW but I remember working on them a long time ago. They were moved to holstein but I am sure I've seen Guernsey in a Safari old catalogue. I need to study it again and I will let you know if I will need the photos of the old Guernsey family. I will also probably change the Safari Farm page from being sorted by product number to being sorted chronologically. the actual system was very useful while trying to find all figures released but now that it is close to being complete, it is somewhat confuse. A pity it is such a hard task for large tables, I must find a way to use AI to sort these tables automatically.
About your last picture, I don't remember seeing these cows on Safari range. As far as I know Safari has always marketed their cattle indicating the breed. What do you know about them, could you please check which year are marked on them?

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 3:49 am

The last cows were what I was introduced to when I first met Safari as a kid "in the wild". Imagine going from golden age Schleich (like the brown swiss cattle family era) to these... I was heartbroken. But as an adult, I am rather fond of them anyway and they grew on me!

Maybe Safari was ahead of their time and made "mini" cows? Laughing Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 4:09 pm

Like you Roger I remember seeing the Guernsey in a Safari catalogue.If you need photos of them no problem.I only have the cow and bull and not the calf.
The last picture I have these two models and another 2-a Jersey calf and a Holstein Bull.Do you need pictures of them all?and I will check what year is marked on them.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 4:15 pm

I forgot to do a comparison with the Safari Texas Longhorn.It's a bit strange that as Safari is an American company they really didn't do much justice to the Texas longhorn with this model compared with their other cattle models.Sadly,I think models by other companies are a lot better than theirs.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 4:57 pm

It took me some time to find it but here is a 1994 catalogue picture showing Guernsey Cattle. We can also see Jersey and Holstein. I understand now the confusion since they all share the same mold and they look almost alike.
I will check what happened but I will defintely need pictures of the Guernsey, Taylor.
I'd also love to know more about these older cattle figures, I only can find some AAA sold as Safari.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd cattle breeds   Safari Ltd cattle breeds Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd cattle breeds
Page 1 of 1