Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set

Go down 
+2
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set Empty
PostSubject: Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set   Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 4:00 am

ALL the big cats! I was SO thrilled to get these finally today in the mail. There is a set of big cats with one adult and one cub (the cheetahs, jaguars, tigers, and the standing male lion and sitting cub) and then a set of a lion pride with the sitting adult male, lying down lioness, walking lioness, standing cub, and sitting cub. I have featured the cubs set (pairs of two with white coats, normal coats, and melanistic coats) of cubs. Here we go!

All the new ones together
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My large pride of lions together

Adults compared with similar adults (Schleich and Mojo)

All the tigers together

The adult is really nice mostly. It has a very short neck, and on my models the eyes are odd looking when viewed from head on.

But look fine in profile

And then next to the CollectA adult

Cheetahs!

The cub is the let down here sadly... The paint application didn't match too well with the sculpting but its hard for me to see where the ridges etc. even are so I guess I can understand what happened here.

I am really fond of the adult though. The minor adjustments in the posture make it look much more natural than the usual just standing and looking *right/left* of other models.

Ok, now for the jaguars! Why is there is a leopard you ask? For comparison. Wink These were not noted what they were, and I wondered because the photos online didn't really reveal what they were supposed to be. But having them in hand, obviously the adult is a jaguar, at least to my eyes.

Now... These other cubs I originally listed as leopards because of their skull shape. In reality it can be very difficult to ID cubs of young ages because they are quite similar to leopards... any thoughts on if these really are leopard cubs or should be jaguar instead?

My two adult male lions sadly came with some small scuffs in the dark part of the mane which was a bit disappointing... but otherwise these are really nice models! I don't get too excited about "common" species like this anymore, I really have been excited to admire these.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set   Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 5:49 am

I think the paintwork is lacking more with the felines than other figures by Toymany, but lots of interesting sculpts. I bet many of these would look really great if they were repainted (a cheap alternative too)

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set   Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 12:42 pm

Some hits and miss here,  I have a soft spot for the lionesses drunken  The lying one remind me so much the Jeol I love you

The jaguar is nice too.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set   Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 2:11 pm

Nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set   Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 3:17 pm

Oh, I love the lying lioness! I've wanted Schleich's one for ages but this one looks just as great as her. The walking one looks also nice. I haven't seen this Lion set yet, it's one of the newer ones I guess.
Poor Cheetah cub though! I'm not really fond of the big cats set just as the cub one but the little lion pride is now on my wishlist.
Thank you for showing them!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set   Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 4:10 pm

I think your 2023 ends with the motto "ToyMany are never too many." Wink
Those with spots in the middle of the rosets are surely meant to be jaguars. I think it won't be easy to identify them by skull shape. Thanks for sharing. It is with topics like these that some "new" brands turn popular among collectors.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set   Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 6:58 pm

Could you make some individual pics for TAW Paige ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set   Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 7:17 pm

I would love to. I have several of the sets.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set   Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set Empty

Back to top Go down

Toymany Mixed Big Cat Set and Lion Pride Set Featuring Big Cat Cubs Set
Page 1 of 1