Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jersey cow comparison

Go down 
+3
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
molla.nasreddin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Jersey cow comparison Empty
PostSubject: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 6:10 pm

Here are my Jersey cows.A number of companies have made this breed but its mainly cows/calves which is odd as many other companies make both a bull and cow/calf.As far as I can see that only ones that have made both are Britains and Safari,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 6:19 pm

Haven't yu bought Schleich new Jersey cow?
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 6:56 pm

Will be getting it when it becomes available near me. Smile

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 9:27 pm

Holstein is by far the most common cattle in toy shape, after it we have the Texas longhorn with Hereford and Jersey very close. I think the Texas longhorn fever is a recent phenomenon since there aren't many vintage figures of it.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 9:28 pm

I still love Safari's newest the best. Great herd!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 4:31 pm

I just remembered that ELC also made a Jersey bull.I would agree with you Roger.The only company I remember that made a Texas Longhorn was Breyer and that wasn't standard size model.The modern phenomenon of Texas Longhorn models is followed by that of the Highland cow as Britains is the only vintage company that made this breed.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 7:12 pm

Yes, I know a Breyer Stablemates longhorn bull, it is supposedly 1:32 scale but actually the figure is slightly large for that scale.
I have the Britains Highland from you. It is a nice model.
The ELC Jersey family is on TAW, here are your pictures of the bull, cow and calf.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 4:05 pm

The Breyer model I meant as the vintage one is this one as opposed to the Breyer Stablemate.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 7:02 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 8:22 pm

OK Taylor, I didn't know that longhorn.

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptyWed Jan 03, 2024 8:45 pm

Its one of Breyers Traditional sized models and I remember getting it well before you saw the range of Texas Longhorns available today.

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 7:54 am

I saw these two Jersies from Schleich & Collecta separately on Instagram and make a comparison. I didn't understand why Schleich's tail Sticks to feet! It's a weak point.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 6:11 pm

The CollectA one is far more realistic! Applause
Back to top Go down
isakthebest

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 11:58 am

Anyone else having a problem with their Schleich jersey cows losing color?

If you rub them against paper, it will lose some color, especially around the nose, it is sensitive

and it really does not tolerate water if it gets wet, it will be even worse,

no figure you take out on the walk and play with,

Hope the paint isn't toxic

wonder why it is painted with a worse color, none of my other schleich animals lose color in this way
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 5:07 pm

Here is the Schleich Jersey with some others. Smile [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 11:34 pm

For me, I still prefer the Safaris body type personally, but many of these are wonderful. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jersey cow comparison   Jersey cow comparison Empty

Back to top Go down

Jersey cow comparison
Page 1 of 1