Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unknown dogs and a cat

Go down 
+2
Taos
pipsxlch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Unknown dogs and a cat Empty
PostSubject: Unknown dogs and a cat   Unknown dogs and a cat EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 2:33 am

These models came in thrift store lots. I DO NOT like the soft vinyl stuffed sorts of figures, and they're on the large side, but I like the sculpts so well they keep avoiding getting culled. I have no idea on the manufacturers; any ideas?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Safari dolphin is photobombing)

My bad eyes can't make the logo out; it looks like a globe with a banner across it (something written on banner, but can't make it out and trying to blow it up on camera just makes it blurry) and animals marching over the top of the globe.

Just a blank smooth area like somebody forgot to put the stamp in the mold. Only writing on it is 'Made In China'.

Last edited by pipsxlch on Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Unknown dogs and a cat   Unknown dogs and a cat EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 8:41 pm

Nice looking models!congrats!

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Unknown dogs and a cat   Unknown dogs and a cat EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 1:36 am

I got a handful of models off Craigslist today. A Safari VW lioness, a cat (another soft vinyl poly stuffed figure sigh), and 3 largish dogs.
First the dogs, I forgot the cat in this photo and something to gauge size, maybe the lioness and bricks help.
The Cocker is lightweight hollow hard plastic. I have seen other beautiful dog models of other breeds like this. The sculpt job on this is gorgeous. Made in Hong Kong and model 108.
The Collie and German shepherd are unmarked except for Made in China. Hollow PVC, visible seam at the neck, oddly the tails aren't 3D but are open along the bottom. They seem older, but as China models perhaps not.
A kitty in tiger pajamas.
I'm having a hard time reading the stamp... top line is a register number maybe? 2nd line is 'All New Materials', 3rd line I can't make out, 4th liners polyfill, 5th line is 'East (? not sure) Champ Ind, LTD', 6th line is 'Hong Kong', 7th line is 'Made in China'.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Unknown dogs and a cat   Unknown dogs and a cat EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 1:39 am

I don't know exactly who made the spaniel, it's one of the many Hong Kong dogs of similar make and style, but I have been eyeing that same one on ebay recently. Laughing Been buying a few of the same kinds of dogs, they are really beautifully done despite being no particular brand.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Unknown dogs and a cat   Unknown dogs and a cat EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 2:30 am

Wow, the dogs are lovely in their odd-vintagey style and manufacturer. I actually like the kitty. :) Great finds Kelly!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Unknown dogs and a cat   Unknown dogs and a cat EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 9:16 pm

Wonderful dogs,especially the American Cocker! cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Unknown dogs and a cat   Unknown dogs and a cat EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 9:22 pm

I think the brand is FAST CHAMP INDUSTRIAL LIMITED Company

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Unknown dogs and a cat   Unknown dogs and a cat EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 1:29 am

the tiger kitty reminds me of the shape of a Pallas Cat
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Unknown dogs and a cat   Unknown dogs and a cat EmptyWed Jan 24, 2024 4:24 am

sunny wrote:
the tiger kitty reminds me of the shape of a Pallas Cat
Surprised I thought the same thing! It could be a nice repaint. Too bad it's soft stuffed vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unknown dogs and a cat   Unknown dogs and a cat Empty

Back to top Go down

Unknown dogs and a cat
Page 1 of 1