Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sumo's CM Schleich horses

Go down 
+2
widukind
Sumo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

Sumo's CM Schleich horses Empty
PostSubject: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 4:19 pm

I haven't been very active customizing lately, at least not compared with how I was 10 years ago. Don't really know why, but perfectionism has definitely been kicking my ass lately - and the Schleichs of the past decade have hardly been inspiring.
Still, some have definite potential!

I hated the saddlebred gelding on sight, the catalogue photo was so bad... then I see him irl from a different angle and realize that hello, here's a horse I can work with! Had to basically sculpt his head from scratch, the original one was just... meh. I'm currently frantically resculpting another on this mold to try to do NaMoPaiMo, and having ideas for a third...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The cob mare I mainly bought because of the white plastic - I love not having to add a gajillion layers of primer to get a blank white canvas. Tbh that's my main objection to painting pintos, the neverending layers of white are deadly!
Some models just seem like they want to be painted, and this one behaved perfectly all the way through. No harshly masked edges, no paint spills, no falling down the stairs... wish all my models were like that! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 6:04 pm

Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 6:52 pm

You only missed teaching your horses to use the elevator. They both look extremely beautiful, but I would like to see the other side of the Saddlebred if possible. :)

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 7:05 pm

Roger wrote:
You only missed teaching your horses to use the elevator. They both look extremely beautiful, but I would like to see the other side of the Saddlebred if possible. :)

Definitely not his good side! I'm so annoyed they turned his head in the wrong direction... The one I'm currently working on has had his head straightened, and the next one may get that cocked leg extended.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 8:05 pm

What beautiful work! I am not familiar enough with the brand to know what they looked like before, but I have no doubt this is a huge improvement. The saddlebred head is gorgeous, so much detail for this scale. And I love the dapples in the bay coat!
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 8:27 pm

Oh that's right, this mold isn't on the wiki. I should take some decent daylight pics and upload! Meanwhile, have an OF next to the custom I'm (supposedly) working on

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 8:40 pm

Honestly I did not check the wiki or google, I was being lazy. Laughing Thank you for the comparison! the changes make a huge difference!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptyWed Feb 07, 2024 12:49 am

Thanks for showing the other side. to be fair, I like both sides. One shows better the head but the other has that beautiful tail.

Katarzyna

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 3:50 am

Oh, he looks way better now! I love you
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 3:06 pm

Wonderful works! I love the resculpted head of that Saddlebred! Improved by 1000%!
And that pinto cob is gorgeous! I love you

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sumo

Sumo

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 9:12 pm

Finished the second ASB, just under the wire! Every year I enter National Model Painting Month, and every year I only start painting in the very last week... 😁

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 12:02 am

That's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations and good luck! :)

PostSubject: Re: Sumo's CM Schleich horses   Sumo's CM Schleich horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Sumo's CM Schleich horses
Page 1 of 1