Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Caracal ltd production!

Go down 
+6
Kikimalou
Roger
lucky luke
widukind
Stripedhyena
Caracal
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Caracal ltd production! Empty
PostSubject: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 10:26 am

Here the species I was missing that I made during these last years with WeePAM paste (see tutorials):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

from ahead and left: weasel (Mustela nivalis), 3 wild cats (Felis silvestris), cave bear (Ursus spelaeus), 2 fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox, king python (Python regius), scimitar cat (Homotherium latidens), all species at different scales.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 11:04 am

Wow, they are very interesting! I often find handcrafted figurines "poor", but yours have a very special touch and a very appealing personality. They remind me of the Kerapolin figures that a German hobbyist crafted quite a few years ago as a tribute to the Hausser Elastolin Compo production.
If at some point you plan to sell figures made by you or you accept orders, let me know Wink
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 11:16 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
Wow, they are very interesting! I often find handcrafted figurines "poor", but yours have a very special touch and a very appealing personality. They remind me of the Kerapolin figures that a German hobbyist crafted quite a few years ago as a tribute to the Hausser Elastolin Compo production.
If at some point you plan to sell figures made by you or you accept orders, let me know Wink

Thank you Ricardo! Very Happy 

One of my sons scanned the fossas and printed them at his work. I hope he'll be able to do the same with  the other ones. If I succeed to have some I shall tell you..

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 4:39 pm

Very good work Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 5:02 pm

Good job Alain Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 6:01 pm

Those are fantastic news. You sculpt these beautiful figures and your son print them in 3D?
If it is something I can afford, I'm also interested, a fossa and a weasel at least. Laughing ... and what about a obscure fox species? Really cool, I'm looking forward to see your next projects.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 8:42 pm

Many thanks to you three Andreas, Jean-Luc and Rogério! Very Happy

Rogério, till now my son just scaned the 2 fossas but since it worked well, he will scan the other models so that I can print them in a lab! Which obscure fox species you mean?  :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 9:11 pm

Caracal wrote:
Many thanks to you three Andreas, Jean-Luc and Rogério! Very Happy

Rogério, till now my son just scaned the 2 fossas but since it worked well, he will scan the other models so that I can print them in a lab! Which obscure fox species you mean?  :)

That's great! A Bengal fox, a corsac fox, a pale fox, a swift fox, etc. There are many and those are true foxes. cat

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 10:17 pm

Great job, it is obviuos there is a Caracal touch Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 11:21 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 11:36 pm

Many thanks Christophe and Taylor! Very Happy

Rogério, I am not sure that these foxes are different enough in shape from common vulpes to be distinguishable but I 'll check.. :)
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 12:29 am

Congratulations on your new venture Alain! and great that your son is helping in production:) cheers

These are all superb models! I really like your style, both in models and painting.
It's great to see these all together, regardless of the scale. Really very beautiful models.
I'd be curious to see a Britains model beside these so I can see the scale.

I look forward to hearing more about your production company!!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 10:25 am

Hey Annette my tittle is a joke! Laughing..  I tried to join the laughing smiley to it but it is not possible on the title window.. I don't have at all the desire nor the means to produce models of my own.. but if I can provide some non edited species to some interested friends, why not?..

After to have finished the scimitar cat (after so many years) I realised that it was my first attempt to create a model, so I gathered the other ones and realised they formed a little production that gave me the idea of the title! Laughing

But tomorrow, my son will be at home and he will bring the printed 2 fossas to me. I am so impatient to see the result!.. and I 'll give the wild cats and weasel to him so that he scan them too! Very Happy

To end Annette, I thank you very much for your warm words and encouragements! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 9:50 pm

Caracal wrote:
Many thanks Christophe and Taylor! Very Happy

Rogério, I am not sure that these foxes are different enough in shape from common vulpes to be distinguishable but I 'll check.. :)

They're different but just a little and hard to check. You're right, those creatures are too similar. Sometimes just slender, with shorter legs, busier tails, coloration, slightly different heads or ears but all of them are very similar in appearance. The very close related animal which is very different is the racoon dog but those are not so hard to find. A great animal which doesn't look like any other and it is interesting is a rodent called mara, as you can see here! Maybe this one is more tempting for you. Very Happy

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 5:58 pm

Caracal Ltd. looks like a great brand! The brand clearly has its own wonderful sculpting style and the painting is second to none! You are lucky to have so many figures from this precious brand. I am looking forward to see the 3D prints too.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 12:46 am

Thank you Roger for your warm words! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 12:48 am

Here are the two first printed fossas models:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This plastic is surprisingly light and solid! :)

Last edited by Caracal on Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 7:34 am

cool

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 7:36 pm

they look very accurate copies Alain. Was it difficult to cut away the plastic?

and is the material nearly unbreakable? I heard you can get different types of strengths and flexibilities in 3D printing.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:51 am

That's fantastic, a foxa for me. Laughing Now that I see it, you could also make a jaguarundi. Wink
I'm glad you managed to print those copies, what are your plans now? Very Happy

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 10:33 am

Very Happy  Many thanks to you three Andreas, Annette and Rogério!

Annette this plastic was difficult to cut off with cutter but rather easy to do it with pliers! That's why I can say that this ultra light plastic is also ultra solid! :)

Yes Rogério, as you know my love for cats, I would like to make some not produced species like jaguarundi. I have (somewhere!) a swamp cat head I have to continue..

Sylvain suggested me to expect a little his collegue Yahia receive the new better scan before scanning the other models. For now, I am just waiting the USB kee to print the foxas in a fab lab for interested friends!  :)

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:10 pm

Those are fantastic news! Very Happy cat

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 6:13 pm

Very interresting topic and impressive attempt, bravo Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 7:38 pm

Oh, these are beautiful animal figures in desig and character. A very interesting project.
Perhaps you could set up your own company after all.
As Roger says, the figures from "Caracal Ltd." would certainly be very popular with collectors. sunny

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 8:38 pm

Very Happy Many thanks for your warm words Rogério, Christophe and fairy Yvette flower!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caracal ltd production!   Caracal ltd production! Empty

Back to top Go down

Caracal ltd production!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next