Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal   Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 12:08 am

First things first. I adore this set. The foal is especially precious. But with that, let me get into the actual review.

First, the mare. I like that they tried something different with her coloring. I think they were attempting to make her a Cremello, and it's not the worst attempt I've seen. But her coat is a bit too white to be a proper cremello. This mold is one that I haven't owned before, but I like it. It's not the best, but it's cute, and I like that she's at a nice serene walk.

The foal is also super cute. I think the mold is exclusive to this set. I have the old Dartmoor foal from 2010, and I can confirm that they are not the same model, and that this foal is not a rework of that mold. The color is nothing special, but it's a bit more accurate than the grey foal they released a while back, so I'll take it as a win.

Over, it's a cute set. Both models are nice, and are not available anywhere else, so I'm really happy I have them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal   Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 12:08 am

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal   Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 5:30 pm

Interesting that there's no breed to these ponies even if the mare mold is the Dartmoor one. I like the colors and it is very interesting that the foal is an exclusive mold. As far as I can see there's no stallion, maybe the other way round could be more interesting. I mean, a male exclusive to the set with the same regular foal mold in a different color. Though, I don't know if it is weird a set of a "male" with a foal.

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal   Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 8:37 pm

Roger wrote:
Interesting that there's no breed to these ponies even if the mare mold is the Dartmoor one. I like the colors and it is very interesting that the foal is an exclusive mold. As far as I can see there's no stallion, maybe the other way round could be more interesting. I mean, a male exclusive to the set with the same regular foal  mold in a different color. Though, I don't know if it is weird a set of a "male" with a foal.

They are actually supposed to be Dartmoor ponies.
I also think that it's pity that they haven't made a stallion for this little pair. It would be great in general if Schleich released more Ponies.

I was never a fan of the mare mould just as of her coat colour but I do think that she is the best version on this mould. The little foal though is beyond adorable.
Do they already have names?
Back to top Go down
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal   Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 12:10 am

I did name the mare Emmy, after Emmylou Harris(my favorite folk/Americana singer), but I don't normally name my foals, so she'll probably stay nameless unless I have a sudden burst of inspiration.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal   Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 42423 Pony Mare and Foal
Page 1 of 1