Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds

Go down 
+12
sadie3112
Gwaine
schleich61
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Roger
JonasV
NightLioness
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Damon
arafan
widukind
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:50 am

Ardennais Stallion
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Personally I ADORE this guy! drunken  He is still very Schleich stylized, but I definitely think he is one of the better models in the later years. I think it is clear to see that the artist made an effort to catch the spirit of an Ardennes – gentle, drafty,bulky, muscular and a very compact build. I love the roan colouring, which I think is executed nicely on this one, (We have only seen(I think) a roan once before, which was the now retired Quarter Horse). He has wrinkles on his neck where he bends, and that is a nifty detail, I think. He does have flaws, such as the left hind hoof/leg that looks a little odd. This particular model is a Made in China version. I’m curious to see if others get one from another ‘Made in-‘.

Ardennais Foal

The foal is very sweet! I love you I like very much the playful pose. She has also a little grey in her tail and a star on her face.

And outdoor – Father and Daughter  drunken

Tinker Mare

We already know her from the 2014 Special Edition stable, and I believe she is exactly the same design. She is a sweet mare, with a lovely flowing mane. Her markings are nice and sharp most of the way, and she has some ‘yellowishness’ to the whites of her mane, tail and feathers, which is a neat detail I think. She does suffer from the 'huge neck' syndrome, as many new Schleich horses do these days. This particular model is Made in China. I believe the ones that came with the SE stable were Made in Germany.
And here compared to the ol’ Lady.

Tinker Stallion

We know already this mold, as he is a repaint/reuse. The paintwork is pretty basic, and the previous version had a lot more detail. I like the pinking on his muzzle though. That detail adds a lot to him, I think. Here he is compared to the old version and the 2013 Müller SE. This one is Made in Tunisia.

Thank you for viewing sunny

Last edited by Carola on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:51 am

Congratulations Carola :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:58 am

Thanks for the walkaround! cheers 
Are these all made in China? Very Happy As I know the Toysrus special edition  are made in Romania. Very Happy

Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 12:12 pm

My tinker mare and Foal (stable) are indeed from Germany.
They have got some minor differences, also the nose of your mare is less black than mine is.
Yours also look a bit bended, looking at her feet scratch

The Ardennes horses are great!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Congrats and thanks for the walkarounds Carola! cheers Looks again a disappointment for me, but how does Princess like the new stallion?

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Congratulations with your new horses, Carola cheers

And thankyou for the great photos santa

I seriously consider stopping to get Schleich . I am still sizzeling mad, that they cheated me into getting that silly and expensive horse stable, - just to sell the models as standard a few months later Suspect Laughing

But...welll,...let's see Wink

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 2:59 pm

I LOVE the Tinkers <3

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Thank you all cheers

arafan wrote:

Are these all made in China? Very Happy As I know the Toysrus special edition  are made in Romania. Very Happy

All are made in China except the Tinker stallion, he is Made in Tunisia. Interesting with production in Romania Smile

Damon wrote:
My tinker mare and Foal (stable) are indeed from Germany.
They have got some minor differences, also the nose of your mare is less black than mine is.
Yours also look a bit bended, looking at her feet scratch

The Ardennes horses are great!

I see Smile Yes, she does have a little shaky legs. I have not attempted yet to fix them.

LeeAnn wrote:
Congrats and thanks for the walkarounds Carola! cheers Looks again a disappointment for me, but how does Princess like the new stallion?

What is dissapointing in this case in your opinion? Smile I knew you said about the Icey Mare, she was a downer.
Oh - and Princess ! Will have to see in the next comic Rolling Eyes

SUSANNE wrote:
Congratulations with your new horses, Carola cheers

And thankyou for the great photos santa

I seriously consider stopping to get Schleich . I am still sizzeling mad, that they cheated me into getting that silly and expensive horse stable, - just to sell the models as standard a few months later Suspect Laughing

But...welll,...let's see Wink

Yeah, I think it is really bad business to do such... Mad Maybe those who bought the stables only to get the Tinkers could send them a complaint?

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Carola wrote:

What is dissapointing in this case in your opinion?  Smile I knew you said about the Icey Mare, she was a downer.

They all just look so primitive and unfinished to me. Like the sculptor started on it but didn't bother to correct the anatomy or smooth anything out before adding texture. Or they got tired of it and gave up. Especially the Ardennis, he's just so blocky. Neutral The Icey is the same, plus the m/t just don't make sense, and I don't see anything on that model that says "Icelandic!!" to me. All that's left that interests me is the curly horse now, maybe I'll get lucky and at least that one will be half decent. Smile

I can't wait for the next comic! bounce bounce bounce

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Thanks for walk arounds Carola! sunny I see also some improvement in some spots, but there's still work to do, Schleich. I also think that pink muzzle with the Gipsy looks very nice drunken
I'm annoyed about the plastic looking surface. Manes and all.. And those huuuge flat eyes. Tinker mare's legs makes me feel sorry for her Razz

Anyways, thanks Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Thanks for your great pictures! I agree that most of these 2015 horses look better than 2014 horses but still far from what we were used before. I already commented that I like Ardennais and consider getting it but it seems too simple, a barrel body with legs and a good looking head. I don't know how to explain, the flanks look shapeless, without movement, I think the exagerated texture serves to neglet the lack of corporal expression. I don't know if it is what Leeann is commenting too but they lack some anatomical details that gives the artistic finish and that are determinant to identify the breed. I feel that this body can be used to many draft breeds. Color is nice and figure is pretty.
Tinkers are not nicer than previous, not the new sculpt and also not the repainted. They're all nice, no discussion about that, but they lack the Schleich excellence. Very Happy

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:51 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:
Thanks for your great pictures! I agree that most of these 2015 horses look better than 2014 horses but still far from what we were used before. I already commented that I like Ardennais and consider getting it but it seems too simple, a barrel body with legs and a good looking head. I don't know how to explain, the flanks look shapeless, without movement, I think the exagerated texture serves to neglet the lack of corporal expression. I don't know if it is what Leeann is commenting too but they lack some anatomical details that gives the artistic finish and that are determinant to identify the breed. I feel that this body can be used to many draft breeds. Color is nice and figure is pretty.
Tinkers are not nicer than previous, not the new sculpt and also not the repainted. They're all nice, no discussion about that, but they lack the Schleich excellence. Very Happy

Question for you, Roger: when a maker so drastically changes the design style of its figurines, is it merely down to a concious decision by management to make such a change, or have they also brought in new sculptors to execute such changes? Just curious, as I've wondered about this in the past... scratch

Of course I don't know but my opinion is that Schleich brought new sculptors. The company not long ago, made a drastic reduction of costs. We can see it in some materials being used as well in the dicreasing quality of manufacturing, namely painting.
Naturally, old sculptors from Schleich worked there for a long time and along all these years, salaries were inflated. What happens in these cases is a proposal for a significant reduction of salaries or an agreement of termination and the hiring of new sculptors who accept to work with lower salaries due to a minor experience or any other factor.
Schleich discontinued some less profitable collections but kept releasing a significative number of figures. So I believe it really happened. Schleich looks now a different brand that looks somewhat like Schleich. study Very Happy

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 1:38 am

LeeAnn wrote:
Carola wrote:

What is dissapointing in this case in your opinion?  Smile I knew you said about the Icey Mare, she was a downer.

They all just look so primitive and unfinished to me. Like the sculptor started on it but didn't bother to correct the anatomy or smooth anything out before adding texture. Or they got tired of it and gave up. Especially the Ardennis, he's just so blocky. Neutral The Icey is the same, plus the m/t just don't make sense, and I don't see anything on that model that says "Icelandic!!" to me. All that's left that interests me is the curly horse now, maybe I'll get lucky and at least that one will be half decent. Smile

I can't wait for the next comic! bounce bounce bounce

I have the impression the sculptor just doesn't see the flaws. Just a lack of skill in some ways? No doubt the sculptor has skill, as I cannot sculpt anything like that, but I really hope he/she tries to improve all that they can.
Personally I do think Ardennais horses look blocky, but I agree he could need even more shape, more definition and more attention to anatomy - like all recent Schleich need!

Schleich get their butt seriously kicked every year by other brands, such as CollectA and Mojö, who have both improved greatly since they hired new sculptors.

The Curly horse looks quite decent from what I've seen. Fair legs, no giraffe neck  Smile

JonasV wrote:
Thanks for walk arounds Carola! sunny I see also some improvement in some spots, but there's still work to do, Schleich. I also think that pink muzzle with the Gipsy looks very nice drunken
I'm annoyed about the plastic looking surface. Manes and all.. And those huuuge flat eyes. Tinker mare's legs makes me feel sorry for her Razz

Anyways, thanks Very Happy

I agree the Tinkers are looking a little 'cheap' in some ways - especially the repaint Stallion. And Tinker Mares legs are too little and small compared to the rest of her. She has a cute face, and it is like the artist put all effort in making her face nice, and just rushed the rest...

Roger wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
Roger wrote:

Question for you, Roger:  when a maker so drastically changes the design style of its figurines, is it merely down to a concious decision by management to make such a change, or have they also brought in new sculptors to execute such changes?  Just curious, as I've wondered about this in the past... scratch

Of course I don't know but my opinion is that Schleich brought new sculptors. The company not long ago, made a drastic reduction of costs. We can see it in some materials being used as well in the dicreasing quality of manufacturing, namely painting.
Naturally, old sculptors from Schleich worked there for a long time and along all these years, salaries were inflated. What happens in these cases is a proposal for a significant reduction of salaries or an agreement of termination and the hiring of new sculptors who accept to work with lower salaries due to a minor experience or any other factor.
Schleich discontinued some less profitable collections but kept releasing a significative number of figures. So I believe it really happened. Schleich looks now a different brand that looks somewhat like Schleich. study Very Happy

I agree with Roger, I believe too that they changed sculptors. It is very clear to see in the art style. Maybe I should do some 'Schleich art style' comparisons to try and explore when the changes happened Very Happy

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 2:03 pm

Congrats!
Thank you for sharing so good photos! These new horses are really beautiful, I think I'll buy them when they became available in my country. Very Happy

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 2:13 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:04 am

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
Congrats!
Thank you for sharing so good photos! These new horses are really beautiful, I think I'll buy them when they became available in my country. Very Happy

Thank you Very Happy

Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:08 am

Don't have the foal yet Carola?

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 11:16 am

Gwaine wrote:

Surprised Which foal do you speak of? Smile The Ardennais Foal ? I have him indeed, he is in the photos on the first page scratch

Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Carola wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

Surprised Which foal do you speak of? Smile The Ardennais Foal ? I have him indeed, he is in the photos on the first page scratch

The wee little Tinker Foal.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 5:58 am

Gwaine wrote:
Carola wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

Ah of course Embarassed sorry. I see the title can be misleading. I will change it Very Happy

Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 6:00 am

Carola wrote:
Gwaine wrote:
Carola wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

Ah of course Embarassed sorry. I see the title can be misleading. I will change it Very Happy

It is the first I'll get next year. I am si in love with it.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 6:03 am

Gwaine wrote:
Carola wrote:
Gwaine wrote:
Carola wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

Looks sweet indeed Very Happy And I think it also looks like he/she has a more interesting paintjob than the parents.

Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 6:05 am

Carola wrote:
Gwaine wrote:
Carola wrote:
Gwaine wrote:
Carola wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

Looks sweet indeed Very Happy And I think it also looks like he/she has a more interesting paintjob than the parents.

I do love it's colors. I myself think of it as a colt and I plan on naming it Teddy and get it together with it's mother. I'm mating her with my repaint stallion Feanor.

~
~

Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Thank you for showing us the Ardennais stallion! He's very handsome flower

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds   Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2015 ~ Ardennais Stallion&Foal + The Tinker Mare&Stallion, walkarounds
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: