Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!

Go down 
+13
Sergey
molla.nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Taos
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  Empty
PostSubject: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 10:11 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 4:25 pm

@Alain, the body itself is rather gator like but again, for such animals I go with TAW's ID as I am not comfortable enough to trust my own ID.

Nile crocs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These guys have been found preserved as mummies in Egyptian tombs! Full grown adults as well as hatchlings and eggs. (Animal mummies are actually very interesting, the Egyptians preserved all sorts of things!).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 4:47 pm

So many crocs! I can imagine them piled up on a muddy riverbank Laughing

Papo's is my all time favorite.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 6:21 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 6:33 pm

What a wealth of crocs! Are the two crocodiles in the foreground on the left and right Nayab? Do we know what species they are?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 6:43 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
@Alain, the body itself is rather gator like but again, for such animals I go with TAW's ID as I am not comfortable enough to trust my own ID.

Nile crocs!
These guys have been found preserved as mummies in Egyptian tombs! Full grown adults as well as hatchlings and eggs. (Animal mummies are actually very interesting, the Egyptians preserved all sorts of things!).

I wonder why it is a Cuban croc on TAW, there must be a reason I don't know ?

The 17 years old Papo Nile croc is still a King for me but the Mojo leaping one is incredible and I think I will have to spend more money for another croc Wink

It's good to know that making Crocodile mummies is still not allowed in Portugal Laughing
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 7:40 pm

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 4:41 pm

Thank you everyone!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I don't know the brand of those as they aren't marked but they are stamped Nile Crocodile if I remember correctly.

@Kiki and Alain, I suppose my presentations have been bringing all sorts of items for reconsideration of classification. Laughing

Chameleons!

There are over 200 species of chameleon! The Parson's chameleon can grow to over 2 feet/60 centimeters long while the species Brookesia micra grows only to about 1.1 inches/30 milimeters.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 4:56 pm

Nice chameleons

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 8:39 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Nile crocs!

I wonder why it is a Cuban croc on TAW, there must be a reason I don't know ?

The 17 years old Papo Nile croc is still a King for me but the Mojo leaping one is incredible and I think I will have to spend more money for another croc Wink

It's good to know that making Crocodile mummies is still not allowed in Portugal Laughing

Are you sure? lol!
I think that croc was sold with a pirat set and we identified it at the time as a Cuban crocodile because of its colors and also for being a Caribean species. Though, I think the set is known as Pirates with Gator. Laughing If you find a better place to move it, feel free because these figures are never identified to the species level and the molds are used in many different sets and sometimes as different animals.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 9:48 pm

So colorful! I quite like that PNSO Jackson's chameleon! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 9:57 pm

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Are you sure? lol!
I think that croc was sold with a pirat set and we identified it at the time as a Cuban crocodile because of its colors and also for being a Caribean species. Though, I think the set is known as Pirates with Gator. Laughing If you find a better place to move it, feel free because these figures are never identified to the species level and the molds are used in many different sets and sometimes as different animals.

Of course I can find a better place, watching the colours it could be welcome in any fantasy collection, a Gothic Bayala or something Laughing

Nice Colorful army of Chameleon Bonaparte Paige cheers Palmface Laughing I couldn't resist Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 10:11 pm

Very interesting collection of chameleons. It's one of the species I considered collecting as a completist since it's an animal that's part of my childhood and one of the symbols of the locality where I was born. I don't even know if the chameleon interpretive center has opened as was announced. However, I already have my foxes and ant-eaters to entertain me.

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Are you sure? lol!

Of course I can find a better place, watching the colours it could be welcome in any fantasy collection, a Gothic Bayala or something Laughing

lol! I was sure you knew exactly what it was supposed to be. Wink Some of their figures even have lights and other electronic features. affraid

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 4:41 pm

Thank you my friends!

Iguanas!

Iguanas are a large group of lizards; there are 45 different species! They range from over 6 feet to as small as 5 inches. Species are found in North, Central, and South America, the Antilies, Galapagos, and Fiji.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 5:35 pm

A interesting group of iguanas

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 8:24 pm

There is in this hobby a obvious preference for green iguanas, they could release different species and the family has some really great.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 9:48 pm

Lovely selection of Iguanas cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 7:43 pm

Thank you everyone!

Komodos!

It was recently confirmed that these guys ARE venemous! In addition to some really effective and nasty oral bacteria, their bites do envenomate their prey; bites quickly cause the prey animal to go into shock due to blood poisoning and their venom is hemotoxic (does not let the blood clot effectively) which also allows for effective blood loss.

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 9:39 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I don't know the brand of those as they aren't marked but they are stamped Nile Crocodile if I remember correctly.

Thank you. I think Nayab doesn't mark the species so they are probably a different brand.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 10:41 pm

Komodo dragons have that scary but beautiful look. They command respect but they are fascinating. The closest I interacted was a desert monitor, probably a close to 150 cm animal which behaved peacefully in my arms. If interacting with a lizard of that drandeur was an exciting experience, I wonder how it is wih a much more massive Komodo dragon. wearing a muzzle, of course. Wink

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 11:11 pm

Congratulations, cheers cheers The large Safari figure is my favorite.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 5:11 am

Thank you everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that sounds like an amazing experience. :)

Monitors!

Blue tree monitors were first described in 2001, but were then being seen in the pet trade as soon as 2003. These guys are only found in a very restricted range of Batanta island (and a few other small surrounding islands) in Indonesia. It has been recorded that it is already extinct on one of the smaller islands due to over collecting for the pet trade. They also have been observed displaying play behavior!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 8:37 am

Great batches Paige cheers

Will you get the CollectA and Papo green iguanas ?

I like very much the Mojo Komodo dragon (second painting) but, as Fernando, my heart beat a little faster when I watch the Safari IC one. I've been resisting buying it for years, but it's impossible. I've just welcomed him home and as I have enough Komodo Dragons as it is, I've made him a Megalania. Any excuse not to resist temptation. Laughing

I love the Southlands Replicas Perentie, it is one of the best rendition of a monitor, nevertheless the AAA monitor baby is incredible.

Blue tree monitors story is really awful, nearly condamned to extinction because of its beauty What a Face Silly world Palmface
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 8:55 am

Very nice, what brand are the blue and the little green monitor? Is the blue figure repainted?

Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 2:34 pm

Great models cheers The Southlands Replicas Perentie is very nice Applause

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Triple update!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next