Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!

Go down 
+13
Sergey
molla.nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Taos
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 6:04 am

Beautiful eagles! I love your white-bellied sea eagle repaint!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 7:57 am

Thank you both!

@Andreas, it is a NECA brand model included in a figure set from a popular video game. Assassin's Creed Eagle Vision

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 6:12 pm

Great variety of esgles.congrstulations Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 6:13 pm

Thank you, so it is another good example for very very interesting Action toys animal figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 6:19 pm

Thank you my friends. :)

More mixed eagles and friends!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The harpy eagle makes enormous nests! They can be the size of a double bed, 100 feet or more off the ground, and have been recorded as using up to 300 branches to create!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 6:20 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 6:24 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 pm

The harpy eagles are my favorite cheers

I remember watching a documentary some years back where they filmed a harpy eagle pair and their nest. It was in a massive tree and they wanted to get a camera up in the nest. So they put one of the crew in a bullet-proof vest and a police helmet, and hoisted him up into the tree. The female actually swooped down and hit him a few times. But they got the camera up and it showed the progression of the chick growing up. It was really fascinating. The pair used certain leaves to ward off flies from carcasses.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 8:41 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you my friends. :)

More mixed eagles and friends!
The harpy eagle makes enormous nests! They can be the size of a double bed, 100 feet or more off the ground, and have been recorded as using up to 300 branches to create!

Do you have any photos for all Harpy Eagles together?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 10:20 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you both!

@Andreas, it is a NECA brand model included in a figure set from a popular video game. Assassin's Creed Eagle Vision

Maybe you could make a pic for TAW ?  Very Happy

What are these please?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 am

I would love to get some photos for TAW!

The osprey on the rock is a custom repaint osprey of a Nayab bootleg figure, the little one in front is also an osprey, either PV or K&M, I forget which right at the moment.

As for the harpy eagles, those are all the ones I have; I am only missing the Colorata figure. Did you mean that you want a close up of only them?

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 9:03 am

The small flying is K&M

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 pm

Thank you Andreas!

Smaller birds of prey!

Peregrine falcons have been clocked reaching speeds og up to 260+ mph while in a stoop (their hunting dive). They are also the chosen wild bird mascot for the windy city; Chicago.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

Nice again

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 pm

Beautiful falcons!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 pm

Thank you both!

Flamingos!

These are the national bird of the Bahamas. The first zoo animal was hatched at Zoo Basel in Switzerland in 1958 (it was a Chilean Flamingo). One lived to be 83 years old in the Adelaide Zoo in Australia, passing in 2014.

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:02 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers flower
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 pm

So pink! I love those flying ones. Wow I didn't know they lived that long study

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 5:58 pm

Thank you all!

Some more sea birds.

The great auk went extinct in the 19th century, but it could be on the list for de-extinction by taking recovered DNA and splicing it with their one known relative; the razorbill. Their remains have been found as far south as Florida! Native Americans also hunted these birds (seemingly with a bit more respect than later colonizers) and used their bones, feathers, etc. for rituals and household items.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 11:18 pm

I'm honestly surprised there aren't more gull figures. I only have Schleich & Safari's. Very interesting about the auk!

Love the puffins! What brand is the tufted one?

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyWed May 01, 2024 12:38 am

The tufted puffin is a Kaiyodo. I agree, but in this case its either because people see them pests (at least in my experience) or they are so commonplace they aren't as popular (sort of like the "backyard birds" concept).

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 5:55 am

Aaaand another double post!

Some water lovers:

Nicknamed the "bushman's clock", the kookaburra often calls during dawn and dusk hours. This announces the area as their territory. These guys kind of behave like wolves in an unusual way, older offspring may hang around and help raise new chicks. Eventually, they will fly off to start their own families.

And now some tropical friends.

My fun fact is turacos: they are the ONLY bird with true pigment in their feathers that comes from a copper substance. When it is green its called "turacoverdin" and when it is red its called "turacin". If a red feather is submerged in water for 2 or 3 days, it will leach this pigment out and turn pink. I could not find if the green did the same...

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 5:39 pm

Interesting bird species? Are some figures repainted, like the kingfisher in the middle?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:14 pm

Yes, that was another cheap Nayab copy I turned into a custom dwarf kingfisher.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next