Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!

Go down 
+13
Sergey
molla.nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Taos
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 12:57 pm

Thank you everyone!

@Kiki, yes I plan on getting the Papo and CollectA sometime, just haven't gotten to it yet! I repainted a komodo chinamal to be a megalania, but this IC one stands on for it too. Wink

@Andreas, I don't know the maker of either model but the blue monitor is indeed a repaint done by myself.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 3:15 pm

My monitor is still my Papo, I foudn a new owner to the Mojö Fun despite liking it so much. Sure I have the Southlands monitor, it is a masterpiece. Very Happy

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 4:11 pm

Great monitors! I love your repaint I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 5:45 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you everyone!

@Kiki, yes I plan on getting the Papo and CollectA sometime, just haven't gotten to it yet! I repainted a komodo chinamal to be a megalania, but this IC one stands on for it too. Wink

@Andreas, I don't know the maker of either model but the blue monitor is indeed a repaint done by myself.

Thank you, so i believe i know the figure. A unknown treasure, but i have it.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 11:21 am

Lovely lizards!! Monitors are so cool, and so intelligent. I love that AAA(?) model, and the tiny safari is one of my favorites, even though he's pretty simplistic. Very Happy Great work on the blue monitor custom, that's a difficult pattern to reproduce, he's beautiful!

The blue monitor story is so sad, the Turtle Survival Alliance guys were saying that releasing information on a new species has to be done so carefully because locals paid to collect from the wild will be out there within days, and probably already knew the animal existed and where but it simply wasn't in demand yet for the pet trade because it wasn't recognized officially. A nightmare. The pet trade is overwhelming to think about.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 11:47 am

Nice collection again!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 12:31 pm

Thank you everyone! The tale of the blue monitors is indeed a sad one. I only just learned of them too, gorgeous animals and while I do appreciate captive bred populations, I also wish people would learn to just leave well enough alone.

Basilisks!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Green crested basilisks can stay submerged in water for up to 10 minutes (quite a feat for such a small animal). Their name comes from a Greek root and for a Greek mythological monster (Basiliskos meaning "little king" or "little snake").

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 12:51 pm

Beautieful

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 1:13 am

Thanks Andreas!

Geckos!

The group of leaf-tailed geckos (14 species) evidently sleep in a way to mimic whatever camoflage they have chosen. I.e. the species that mimic falled dried leaves, will sleep in curled positions while those who mimic plant stalks, will stretch kut in a more or less straight line.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:15 am

Beautiful geckos.What brand is the white figure with the yellow spots and the larger day gecko?

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 11:15 am

Really cool basiliks, they are such a neat species! And really love all your geckos, and I think the Toymany one is actually much smaller than I thought it was, uh oh, I maybe have to get that set after all. Laughing It's about the best one of the group!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 12:20 pm

@Andreas, that is a Wild Republic figure, part of a set.

Thanks Jill. :)

Mixed lizards!

For draco lizards, there are 42 species! If you didn't know, their specialized "wings" are highly adapted extended rib bones with a skin flap covering. The undersides of their wings are usually color coded for males (blue) vs. females (yellow) [although coloration does change a bit with 42 different species].

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 1:26 pm

Nice again

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 2:52 pm

Lovely lizards! The Safari Toob frilled lizard is one of my favorite toob figures. Love the beardies too

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 3:01 pm

My collection is poor in reptiles at least in the most common sense. So many species I don't have. I'm quite impressed with your assortments of each group, every single one seems to be very well represented in your collection.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 12:46 pm

Thank you everyone!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], my collection for reptiles was quite poor also until recently (the last 3ish? years I started to focus a little more on it).

More mixed reptiles! 

Gila monsters are one of the very few venomous lizards we know of! Their venom is injected through grooves in their lower teeth and has to be "chewed" into the prey item. This venom is actually very medically important as it is used in diabetic medications today. A peptide in this venom makes a gila monster digest items more slowly, and this resembles human insulin that lowers blood sugar.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 12:49 pm

Nice again

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 2:14 pm

Love these guys, who are the two horned lizards in the front?

I have that greyish green one in the back from when I was a kid and I always thought it had eyeshadow on. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 2:18 pm

Thank you both! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the two in front are Safari toob figures, the left is repainted. And yes, the other one has very nice makeup   Laughing

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 7:28 pm

At least I have one gila monster. Laughing The Safari model and I like it very much. I tend easily, regarding reptiles, to favour crocodiles, je ne sais pas porquoi. Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 12:09 pm

More mixed lizards!

Blue-tongued skinks belong to one of the largest reptile families!  They spend a lot of time in burrows and are known to displace native burrowing spider species for such accomodations. Theu have even been known to share such spaces with roommates of the same species; something rather uncommon for most reptiles.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 12:57 pm

Your reptile collection is really beautiful, very eclectic and colourful cheers

What is the big green guy on the top of your mixed lizards pic ?

And the Gila monster in the right corner is a Safari Ltd ?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 12:52 am

The green lizard is a rubber K&M and yes that's a Safari gila. :)

Last of my mixed lizards.

Green anoles are native to the southeastern states. Sadly, brown anoles from the Caribbean are slowly encroaching and outcompeting them there. I had two of the former (at different times) in my life, green anoles are great pets IMO.

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 4:13 am

Very nice lizards

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 11:05 pm

Thank you Andreas!

Tuataras!

Tuatara is a Maori word for "back with peaks", referring to its dorsal spines. It is believed that they can live as long ad 100 years in the wild! While they can regrow their tail, their teeth are not separate structures and once lost cannot be replaced. They have a double upper row of teeth with a single row of lower teeth that fit between the upper rows when their mouth is closed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!    The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Peacocks and first ratites!
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next