Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?

Go down 
+44
animallover4jesus
Gulogulo76
Tylosaurus
tyrantqueen
scot(t)
Sumo
Saarlooswolfhound
SommoDracorex
TugaHunter
Metallisuchus
ken yeo
Joan Milelire
Taylcoel
jarda
Ana
Cyhyraeth
krista
Elros Alvar
trevok4
Tiermann
aandmkw
Arnaud
Vivien
animalluvr6
andregustavo
SchleichCollecter101
STORMnl
Rio
castlerigg
Raptor
Gabe
Kristie
schleich61
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
weaselfan93
Roger
Kikimalou
WILLYBACOMAN
SyLoBe
Silver Unicornis
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
widukind
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Every brand is allowed in my collection cheers
I agree with that Very Happy as long as the model is lovely then I don't care what brand it is I love you

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: safari   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Any Safari Wildlife/forest replicas, as well any any rare wild mammal/bird made by Papo or Schleich. I also enjoy collecting Play Visions and K&M Nature Tubes. But my favorite is Safari Ltd, and that will never change! Cool
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Many thanks for the very interesting informations!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Every brand is allowed in my collection cheers Even Schesfdjkghrtich Wink But I'm just kiddin' Laughing

Of course, I have a special feeling for some brands like CLAIRET, maybe the only one I would love to complete, BLANCHERIE FRERES and LINEOL of course.

I love to find new and unusual brands, new species but the models need to please me to enter my jungle.

I had a lot of VEB PLAHO and I still have some in my collection.

I don't collect unpainted animals but there are some exceptions like LINDE's birds, WGJH and a few DOMPLAST, AUBURN, MARX...

My collection is a living thing, not only a growing one, some models stay one month, one year and some "forever"

What I absolutely don't collect is non toys models (like Country artists by example) except models made by friends of the forum Wink .

Thank you, i see in your collection, clairet and blancherie freres are really interesting brands, also for me.

And sorry, but i cant remember at VEB Plaho in your collection.

I think, we collect almost the same. :) :) :)
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:07 pm

My collecting mandate is to collect ALL Schleich animal and animal-related lines. I also now collect Starlux prehistorics and WWF figurines, along with selected Starlux animal figurines.

However, I will collect ANY figurine of any kind that I really like... Wink I really like the Bullyland prehistorics and Colorata animal figurines, but I am not collecting them systematically...
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:57 pm

I collect mostly horses, cattle, and donkeys from all brands. My wildlife collection is growing and I'm liking Papo the most there. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 pm

I collect Papo wildlife (those that I like) ONLY. tongue

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:40 am

widukind wrote:

Thank you, i see in your collection, clairet and blancherie freres are really interesting brands, also for me.

And sorry, but i cant remember at VEB Plaho in your collection.

I think, we collect almost the same. :) :) :)

It seems you are right Wink

About VEB PLAHO, you can see the anteater, bison, squirell, moose cow (I still need the bull), orangutans and gibbons. I sold the hippo a few years ago and now it miss a lot.
I also add the camels on my collection but I want to repaint them before.

I would love the prehistoric ones too but they are not cheap and my want list is very very long....
Back to top Go down
Raptor

Raptor

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:21 am

i might be very fussy but i only collect schleich and maybe a few papo here and there Laughing

and i also don't like collecting animals that are not standing properly or at all, or animals that have bits of ground stuck too them

example 1 not standing: lion cub laying or lion cub playing. Suspect
Example 2 stuck to ground: (very many examples) badger cubs, grey geese, 2010 ostrich male etc. Wink

study i know. VERRRRRRRRRRY FUSSSSSSSSSY exclamation
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:33 am

Raptor wrote:

study i know. VERRRRRRRRRRY FUSSSSSSSSSY exclamation

It is fine to be fussy Very Happy
I sometimes wished I were a little more fuzzy Suspect

- or not scratch I LOVE each and every one of my figueres Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:08 am

We are old, and have never stopped collecting, so we have animals from the makers of our childhood - metal and plastic Britains, Timpo, etc. - all the way up to the modern plastics, not to mention composition animals by at least thirteen different makers.

The backbone of the collection is the Ark. We try to get male/female pairs with young in more-or-less correct scale to one another.
This scale must match composition animals by Haueer/Pfeiffer/Lineol etc. Any brand of animal which fits in can be used. (It is not uncommon to have a composition male with a home-made female and plastic young.)

Thanks to the Internet, we can now see what animals are available World-wide ... but getting our hands on them is another matter!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:25 am

I collect mainly species, the name of the brand is absolutly irrelevant, sometimes when I have more than 1 figure from the same species I use it to trade or as a gift, except those I also receive as a gift! I'm also a curious about brands and collect all foxes!
What I'm still not collecting, even I have some figures: farm animals, people, horses, dinos, sea life, insects, etc.
I concentrate mainly in mammals and birds and some reptiles, of course! :)
Ah, sea life is in my future plans, mainly seals and related.
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:33 pm

schleich61 wrote:
My collecting mandate is to collect ALL Schleich animal and animal-related lines.

yikes! that's quite a mandate! I admire anyone with the drive to keep at a "complete" collection.
How close are you to reaching the nirvana point of having all the prior releases and only needing to get new releases as they come out?

I had the mandate to collect all Breyer horses and animals, until I got so frustrated trying to keep up with just the special runs that kept popping up, much less trying to find the really rare, extremely expensive stuff. Then they released a model that was so poorly sculpted it had a thumbprint in it and I said, I'm done.

Raptor wrote:
and i also don't like collecting animals that are not standing properly or at all, or animals that have bits of ground stuck too them

I totally understand. I don't have a problem with figures that are lying down, or on bases, but I don't collect "scenes" like Border Fine Arts makes, or with figures other than sheep. Many ceramic or china sheep figures have shepherds, or dogs, or scenery, but I don't like those. I mean, I might like them, but I don't want them. Off the top of my head, I can only think of one piece that has scenery (a BFA i found that was too cheap to pass up).

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Roger wrote:
I collect mainly species, the name of the brand is absolutly irrelevant, sometimes when I have more than 1 figure from the same species I use it to trade or as a gift, except those I also receive as a gift! I'm also a curious about brands and collect all foxes!
What I'm still not collecting, even I have some figures: farm animals, people, horses, dinos, insects, etc.
I concentrate mainly in mammals and birds and some reptiles, of course! :)
Ah, sea life is in my future plans, mainly seals and related.

Absolutly my mind. Only i collect also sea life. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:13 pm

I collect all the Schleich horses (wich have NO tack on them, so no Bayala, no western or similar; neither the fantasy ones, excepting 2 unicorns, the white old one and one on the Bayala series which have no tack on him), and some Schleich animals I like, like some zebras, antelopes and so on. But only few. ABout other brands, recently I discovered I have some AAA wild animals xD But now I only buy the horses I like: some Safari, some Papo, some Collecta, some Bullyland... And some Breyer.

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:46 pm

I collect

Breyer, Equorum, Schleich, Papo, Safari, Bullyland, Collecta, AAA, ELC, Wild Republic and a few made in china models.

Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi

i collect Mammoth's

and i only collect good looking detailed mammoth's
new mammoth's are not comming out every year,,
so i also started to collect prehistoric mammals
and only from the serie's were the mammoth's comming from

now we have mojo

cool looking mammoth and a must have

the mammoth,the calf and the sabertooth

as a kid i collected elephants,,i had a lot
but as i grow older i gived them all away to a guy that collected them to
now i only have a bag with the animals from 35-40 years ago

and in a nother thread you saw the britains that are in there
lot's of other animals are in there
bassicly wildlife

they are all for trade

martien

ps

i also collected dino's
i had the old carnegie stuff
i do have some left

but you can see those in the dino toy forum
here it's more animals,,and that's cool to

SchleichCollecter101

Country/State : Delaware, USA

PostSubject: What do you collect?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Just wondering! Very Happy

What do ya'll collect? I collect Schleich and Breyer.
Back to top Go down
andregustavo

andregustavo

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Any brand, since it is a good quality replica. Laughing

André
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:51 pm

I collect mostly schleich and papo animal figures. After seeing different brands on here I am open on collecting animals from these brands! My collection focuses on wild animals but I do collect a few Schleich horses!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:32 am

I collect whatever pleases my eyes. But mainly Schleich, Papo, Safari and Collecta. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:25 am

I started collecting Reisler in 1957.
Perhaps 15 years later I found some Britains in a shop.
And many years later I saw Schleich in a store for the first time, and got some cats, horses, deer, - a moose I think ? ... then I found some Bullylands on an auction.

For a period I collected Mattel-animals ( unfortunately they often come with a Barbie Shocked ),

Then I discovered Ebay affraid

On Ebay you can get EVERYTHING, so my collection grew with all kinds of models, mostly Schleich and Bullyland and a few Papo and Safaris.

AND then I joined this forum, and I saw all the fantastic pictures of the other brands...uhh, drunken

I´d say thay I collect about everything from Bullyland and Schleich.
I have most farm animals from Papo, - and a lot of horses, mainly the retired ones.
From Safari, AAA, CollectA and other brands I "only" collect the ones I can`t resist. Unfortunately that is SO many Embarassed Laughing

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:35 am

species and subspecies by all brands and noname

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?   Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which animals figurines or brands do you collect ?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next