Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+16
Defteros
Lasersword1973
lucky luke
Mastiffcat
PeGe
WILLYBACOMAN
Silver Unicornis
Sergey
Arrakai
baltimore zoo
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:42 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Thanks for the great walkabout my friend!
I think, it is the best lynx at the moment.
Schleich is always to cute, as normal for them, the Papo is really off with his strange proportions.
So congrats on you new bobcat! cheers

cheers Very Happy Wink

Christopher thank you for the pictures of comparisons!
I find the sculpture pleasing despite the flaw of paint .... and I think I get it bounce cat
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:46 am

Willy thanks for adding some pictures of more lynxes previously released.
Do you have the catalogue of the Hausser Elastolin with the lynx? Are you sure it is an Iberian??? About the Schleich I know that you know that it is not also an Iberian but I understand why you call him in that way! With such a cute face and large head we can also call it a regular cat! cat Wink
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:08 pm

That's a Bobcat! cheers An awesome figure plus astounding photos equals a masterpiece. Congrats and thanks for the wonderful photos, Christophe. You have made my eyes locked on this Bobcat! cheers
Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Wow just wow, every company that makes a lynx figurine fails miserably, even with tons of pictures available for every species of lynx, they always manage to fail at getting the proportions, head shape and color right. Even Papo that has produced the most accurate big cat figurines failed on their attempt.
Just look at the face of this bobcat, looks like a diseased/injured animal. What a shame, the catalog pic looked promising, but the final product is awful.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Defteros wrote:
Wow just wow, every company that makes a lynx figurine fails miserably, even with tons of pictures available for every species of lynx, they always manage to fail at getting the proportions, head shape and color right. Even Papo that has produced the most accurate big cat figurines failed on their attempt.
Just look at the face of this bobcat, looks like a diseased/injured animal. What a shame, the catalog pic looked promising, but the final product is awful.

My own view is that the Mojo lynx is by far the strongest, and that includes comparing it to the recently released CollectA.

The worst, however, is the Papo. I can't even buy it for the sake of collecting. It is just a bizarre model. The Safari bobcat, by contrast, I quite like; even though you are exactly right that the face (and nose especially) are very unfortunate. It really is a mystery why, other than the Mojo, companies do not seem to be able to sculpt an impressive Lynx/Bobcat. Very strange.

Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:53 pm

I like it
CONGRATS cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:07 pm

scot(t) wrote:

Defteros wrote:

My own view is that the Mojo lynx is by far the strongest, and that includes comparing it to the recently released CollectA.

The worst, however, is the Papo. I can't even buy it for the sake of collecting. It is just a bizarre model. The Safari bobcat, by contrast, I quite like; even though you are exactly right that the face (and nose especially) are very unfortunate. It really is a mystery why, other than the Mojo, companies do not seem to be able to sculpt an impressive Lynx/Bobcat. Very strange.

I agree with you, the Mojo lynx is by far the best of the bunch, just that it looks more like a Bobcat than a Iberian Lynx.
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Good figure kikimalou cheers cheers cheers
Very realistic and the colour are very nice
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Defteros wrote:

I agree with you, the Mojo lynx is by far the best of the bunch, just that it looks more like a Bobcat than a Iberian Lynx.

That's interesting Defteros. (I don't know enough about the differences to have noticed that.)

In thinking about bad lynxes (and bobcats), I totally forgot about one that (I think) is even worse than the Papo, the Bullyland. Maybe I got a bad model, but here is a picture of mine. I really agree with you that it is very strange why all these companies have had such a hard time with the lynx in particular!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's so awful that I am actually a bit attached to it.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:55 pm

Defteros wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

Defteros wrote:

Really? You are surely also used with bobcats, take a look although pics are small! Laughing
Let me only tell you that the Mojo Iberian lynx looks more like a bobcat than Safari's, but that's another thought. Idea

Sorry Harriet, the beautiful picture is yours! flower
Scott, look at your lynx with Bullyland eyes and you'll find it nice! cat Very Happy

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:28 am

Roger wrote:

Scott, look at your lynx with Bullyland eyes and you'll find it nice! cat Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy I'll do that Roger. I really am very attached to my Bullyland lynx. He is just crazy-looking. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:09 am

scot(t) wrote:
Roger wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy I'll do that Roger. I really am very attached to my Bullyland lynx. He is just crazy-looking. cyclops

I love myself very much my PAPO lynx I love you ... So everything can happened Laughing
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:24 am

Kikimalou wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
Roger wrote:

I love myself very much my PAPO lynx I love you ... So everything can happened Laughing

I will return to the Papo and look at it through new eyes. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I discovered one day that I liked it. (It does feel like a hole in my collection.)

Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:46 am

Roger wrote:
Defteros wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

Defteros wrote:

Really? You are surely also used with bobcats, take a look although pics are small! Laughing
Let me only tell you that the Mojo Iberian lynx looks more like a bobcat than Safari's, but that's another thought. Idea

Glad you put pictures to illustrate my point better and compare them:
1.- The ruff of iberian lynx is the largest among lynxes, the ruff in the figure both in size and shape is more like that of a bobcat.
2.- The ear tufts in iberian lynx are also long, the figure lacks ear tufts, so is more similar to the small ear tufts of bobcats.
3.- The color of the figure is more similar to the color of some varieties of bobcat; iberian lynx is predominantly greyish
4.- The markings in the figure are just small spots, more like those of a bobcat, while the iberian lynx not only has spots but small stripes too.
5.- Look at both animals profiles, the muzzle of iberian lynx is more rounded than the figure
6.- And finally, look at the gait in both real animals pics and compare them with the figure gait...notice something funny?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:53 am

Defteros wrote:

1.- The ruff of iberian lynx is the largest among lynxes, the ruff in the figure both in size and shape is more like that of a bobcat.
2.- The ear tufts in iberian lynx are also long, the figure lacks ear tufts, so is more similar to the small ear tufts of bobcats.
3.- The color of the figure is more similar to the color of some varieties of bobcat; iberian lynx is predominantly greyish
4.- The markings in the figure are just small spots, more like those of a bobcat, while the iberian lynx not only has spots but small stripes too.
5.- Look at both animals profiles, the muzzle of iberian lynx is more rounded than the figure
6.- And finally, look at the gait in both real animals pics and compare them with the figure gait...notice something funny?

Holy chameleon  affraid  we need to make a new one !  Laughing  Wink

Seriously about the walking pose...

It seems Iberian lynxes are able to amble along  Wink

About the coat, I agree something like the pic below would be splendid, maybe a variation for Susanne one day  Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:31 pm

Roger wrote:

Oh yes, this. Every single Bullyland I've seen has been... well, bad. Like zombie apocalypse bad. *shudders*
I'm also very glad to see the Safari's standing still - I've said this before, but there really are too many walking lynxes in almost the same pose. Nice if you want to make a "woodland conga line" diorama, but a little boring.
(I know generalized poses=versatility and 4 point stance = stability, but...)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Defteros wrote:
Roger wrote:
Defteros wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

Defteros wrote:

Very interesting of reading, Defteros! I agree with you in some points and it is a pleasure when someone shows everything with such objectivity!
I agree with you when you say that Mojo lynx is by far the best!

1. The ruff is indeed a little short for a large male Iberian lynx, anyway not small at all and maybe a little large for a bobcat. The shape is somewhat between what is usual in both species. But, they are black painted in sideburns configuration what is typical from Iberian lynxes and completly different from the markings of a bobcat.

2. I agree completly. No doubt that it is an important characteristics of the creature and that's a shame that Mojo, like other brands, had troubles to feature the tufts correctly. But you know surely that with safety rules is not possible to introduce these minimal details in such tiny mass produced figures.

3. Iberian lynxes are not predominantly greyish, many are yellowish and also a little reddish, The spots are more random placed than it looks, sometimes you can see some strips that are fused spots but many times they hardly appear, also there are to main kind of patterns, the one from Doñana population with very large spots heavily marked and another with several small spots.
Bobcats present more variation in color, sometimes mixing them, remember that there are several subspecies of bobcats and much more specimens in the wild.
Strips or barred parts are indeed characteristics of bobcats, mainly in legs and it is very obvious in Mexican bobcats.

5. Again I agree with you although it doesn't represent a difference between species. That's Mojo own design! Laughing

6. That's another interesting point. I enjoy the remark, although Christophe already replied here?

Let me only introduce another point, bobcats have bobbed tails like Iberian lynxes, although the former present barred parts in the tails, only the tip is really black and some white below. You can see perfectly that the tail of the figure, although simplified, is clearly of an IBerian lynx and doesn't show the characteristics of the American species. study
My conclusion is clear that it represents very nicely an IBerian lynx. I'm tempted to say that I don't know a better lynx figure even in vintage brands. The lack of tufts makes us think in a bobcat but not much more than it. Also both species are really similar and I hope someone repaint a Mojo lynx in a bobcat! cheers Very Happy cat Idea

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:24 am

Kikimalou wrote:
About the coat, I agree something like the pic below would be splendid, maybe a variation for Susanne one day Very Happy
That would be nice Very Happy I agree the paintwork isn't great but they do have to simplify paintwork don't they.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:26 am

Sumo wrote:
Roger wrote:

Oh yes, this. Every single Bullyland I've seen has been... well, bad. Like zombie apocalypse bad. *shudders*

Laughing Laughing Ha!

Sumo, I have to ask, did you mean every Bullyland Lynx you've seen has been bad? or every Bullyland model, full stop? Just curious. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:16 am

Perhaps ana needs to make the perfect lynx? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: