Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+16
Defteros
Lasersword1973
lucky luke
Mastiffcat
PeGe
WILLYBACOMAN
Silver Unicornis
Sergey
Arrakai
baltimore zoo
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Here is a new figure from SAFARI Ltd this year, a so rare bobcat...

The bobcat is the smallest of the four extant species of lynx. It ranges from southern Canada to northern Mexico, including most of the continental United States. The bobcat is an adaptable predator that inhabits wooded areas, as well as semi-desert, urban edge, forest edges, and swampland environments. It persists in much of its original range and populations are healthy.
With a gray to brown coat, whiskered face, and black-tufted ears, the bobcat resembles the other species of the mid-sized Lynx genus. It is smaller than the Canada lynx, with which it shares parts of its range, but is about twice as large as the domestic cat. It has distinctive black bars on its forelegs and a black-tipped, stubby tail, from which it derives its name.
The bobcat is believed to have evolved from the Eurasian lynx, which crossed into North America by way of the Bering land bridge during the Pleistocene, with progenitors arriving as early as 2.6 ma. The first wave moved into the southern portion of North America, which was soon cut off from the north by glaciers. This population evolved into modern bobcats around 20,000 years ago. A second population arrived from Asia and settled in the north, developing into the modern Canada Lynx.
The adult male bobcat is 71 to 100 cm long, averaging 89 cm with a stubby 10 to 18 cm tail, which has a "bobbed" appearance and gives the species its name. An adult stands about 51 to 61 cm at the shoulders.

It means the SAFARI LTD Bobcat is a 1:12 scale model.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With the PAPO Eurasian lynx and the PLAYVISIONS bobcat... Sorry I still don't want to buy the SCHLEICH lynx  Wink

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Thankyou for the great photoes, Christophe flower

It is fun to see them together Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:49 pm

A nice bobcat!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:35 am

Thanks for the description and pictures! This cat is in my wish list for a long time! Not excelent but very interesting!
Ah, I have the Schleich Eurooasian and not the Papo! Is true that the Schleich looks like a cute regular cat but the Papo is very bad balanced, it looks they sculpted some elements separately (some caricatural)! cat
Back again to the Safari, my congratulations to the brand making an unusual species! cheers
Also congrats for your new addition and fantastic topic! cheers monkey
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:39 am

Congrats Chris! It seen like look better than Schleich lynx. This Bob Cat look with pride Laughing Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:55 am

Thank you all for your nice comments, I always think about you when I take my pics. Very Happy

Roger wrote:
Thanks for the description and pictures! This cat is in my wish list for a long time! Not excelent but very interesting!
Ah, I have the Schleich Eurooasian and not the Papo! Is true that the Schleich looks like a cute regular cat but the Papo is very bad balanced, it looks they sculpted some elements separately (some caricatural)! cat
Back again to the Safari, my congratulations to the brand making an unusual species! cheers
Also congrats for your new addition and fantastic topic! cheers monkey

You are right my Croc alien

Not the "Masterpiece" but an excellent and rare bobcat. I think the sculpting is very fine and ii would be far better with another painting. But ok, those are toys and we can't expect to see the same level of painting than on Ana, Harriet, Ralf................... models. But the painting could be a little better Wink
Each time I have a new SAFARI Ltd, I'm really amazing by the quality level of the sculpting. Not too childish and cute, that's my personnal taste cheers

I don't know why but it seems lynx are very uneasy to sculpt. It's true the SCHLEICH is better sculpted than the PAPO but when I look at it, I can't think it's a lynx, it's only a cat who wants to be a lynx. The PAPO is not a great sculpt, many many flaws, but it let me think more about a lynx, the way he walks... Thats' why he will stay with me. cat monkey
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:14 am

Congrats Christophe and thank you for the excellent walk around cheers cheers
I agree it's a very nice sculpt, but purple spots? Suspect I think I can see what they were trying to achieve, but they should have done a better paint job to live up to the great sculpting. bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:29 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Congrats Christophe and thank you for the excellent walk around cheers cheers
I agree it's a very nice sculpt, but purple spots? Suspect I think I can see what they were trying to achieve, but they should have done a better paint job to live up to the great sculpting. bounce

I'm affraid they are less purple in real life Wink
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:35 am

What's up with the "nose" job? Were they a bit intoxicated when they painted it?
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:10 am

I think the body looks okey, but why oh why is it so hard to make the face look good Evil or Very Mad

First papo and now safari, their faces look awfull! If they can make other cats look great, why not the lynxes/bobcats????

I can agree that the schleich lynx is not the best eather, but compared to papo and safari, I accually think schleich made the best one Evil or Very Mad

And I agree with baltimore, whats up with the nose Suspect It looks as if someone punched it and made it grow doubble in size What a Face
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:12 am

'Bozo" the lynx...
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:14 am

this is a lynx, look now, papo and safari

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:19 am

It's so simple, Papo and Safari, just make a figure of Arrakai's lynx photo!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:25 am

Arrakai wrote:
this is a lynx, look now, papo and safari

Yes this is a lynx... Very Happy

THIS NOT A LYNX tongue Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:50 pm

The Papo lynx is more educational, the typical lynx are featured in the figure but the general result is poor, Schleich neglected some of the typical lynx characteristics and the result is 2 poor figures! Schleich is better balanced as I told before, not more educative! The Safari is a bobcat not an European lynx and they are different enought to not be compared directly!
Lynxes are harder to make because they have very complex paterns, proportions and some elements hard to do in such a small figure! Beards, tufts and even eyes, fur, etc. Big cats are easier but are much more replicated and we see that in many brands older lions are really poorly sculpted! cat
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:58 pm

...Well, Christophe I think Schleich,s lynx is better? No? This bobcat maybe (on my opinion) has some problems with the muzzle... scratch

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:27 am

I don't say the SAFARI ltd Bobcat is perfect, I can see the muzzle is a big flaw... But I think it is more a bad painting problem than a sculpting one.

I don't say the SCHLEICH Eurasian lynx is awful. Each time I go in a shop, I look at it, at least to understand why I don't want to have it. It doesn't look like a lynx for me but why ? I'm still searching.

All what I say is : despite the big flaws, the SAFARI ltd bobcat let me think more about a lynx than the SCHLEICH .
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:50 pm

Ah, much more I see the different lynxes more I think that we need a nice lynx! Even the Playvisions, with the longer body and rised back, that are two nice points, has a toyish face! I continue saying that the Papo looks clearly a lynx, sculptors have read the characteristics of the species but were not talented enough to show them in correct proportions! The Schleich looks a regular cat with a short tail, dots are deeply marked remembering other species, the head is large, nose also wrong, neck very strange and for furry figure it looks much more it is fat than furry or muscular. Also the walking style makes me think more in a regular cat! Almost no tufts and not nicely sculpted beards! Lynxes are fantastic animals, maybe in larger scales it is possible to make a more detailed figure! Is one of the species missing a excelent replica. cat
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I don't say the SAFARI ltd Bobcat is perfect, I can see the muzzle is a big flaw... But I think it is more a bad painting problem than a sculpting one.

I don't say the SCHLEICH Eurasian lynx is awful. Each time I go in a shop, I look at it, at least to understand why I don't want to have it. It doesn't look like a lynx for me but why ? I'm still searching.

All what I say is : despite the big flaws, the SAFARI ltd bobcat let me think more about a lynx than the SCHLEICH .

...Thank Christiphe. I think that Schleich eurasian lynx not perfect too. There is something... maybe too long body, and maybe paiting... scratch
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Generally I love his sculpt, he's much better than Schleich lynx. About the face - except for a nose, it's a matter of bad paintjob. But the nose... No
I'm going to buy him anyway, he just needs a little nose-job (and a repaint, of course) and then he should be all pretty Wink

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks for the great walkabout my friend!
I think, it is the best lynx at the moment.
Schleich is always to cute, as normal for them, the Papo is really off with his strange proportions.
So congrats on you new bobcat! cheers

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Yes the nose,
same problem that ruined the Safari Jaguar,....
But what about the AAA Lynx?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:42 pm

It's very interesting to hear everyone's comments on the different figures, especially of the species i don't collect.
it seems that because i don't collect them, i don't have to decide if i like it well enough to get it, so i look at them quite differently than i look at sheep figures. it's like i'm more free when i look at them. i learn much listening to you all.
thanks!

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:28 am

I want to add my few cts here on the lynxes, as Christophe likes to say...
The bobcat is not a bad model at all, but almost every model ha some, isn't it...
i like the Schleich lynx to, to be honest, i saw worser models, and even would buy them...
Here are my lynxes to compare:

5329 Hausser Elastolin Iberian lynx, scale 1:32

1774 Starlux Eurasian lynx

Playvisions Bobcat

K&M Bobcat

Ferrero U-Ei Eurasian lynx

HP/Wild Republic Eurasian lynx

Schleich/Safari Ltd Authentics Eurasian lynx

Made in China Eurasian lynx

14232 Schleich Iberian lynx

14627 Schleich Eurasian lynx

14628 Schleich Eurasian lynxcub

64435 Bullyland Eurasian lynx

Wild Republic Eurasian lynx, my biggest model

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:24 am

ooo! Willy, i really like the Starlux Eurasian Lynx and the K&M Bobcat!

Playvisions Bobcat looks decidedly unhappy about a startling turn of events and what on earth has the Schleich/Safari Ltd Authentics Eurasian lynx seen that he's making that FACE?!?!?! affraid

PostSubject: Re: Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Bobcat 2012 Wild Safari North American Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next