Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what is your favourite animal in the world

Go down 
+35
JackyLovertjex
Elros Alvar
Ian
krista
dlfrogman
xfoxx
SheWolf
whitekappa
Philter4
Wildheart
Bullyqueen
Vivien
Kiana84
Sapphire
schleich61
Ana
Silver Unicornis
incha
Mastiffcat
Rio
MartinH
baltimore zoo
Gabe
Roger
Sumo
twilighter
SUSANNE
remrock02
SyLoBe
Arrakai
widukind
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
weaselfan93
Raptor
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SheWolf

Country/State : The Netherlands

what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:25 pm

My favourite animal is the wolf flower
Back to top Go down
Bullyqueen

Bullyqueen

Country/State : Aschaffenburg

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Oh! I like the lemurs and the fossa too!!
Back to top Go down
xfoxx

xfoxx

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Raccoon dogs. And of course foxes and many others too.

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:36 am

Philter4 wrote:

Vivian, I used to have a collection of reptiles that had over 300 different lizards including many monitors. I did not keep Komodo dragons but I have been to the islands where they live. Komodo is one of 4 islands where they are native to and I was close enough to see the island from the boat I was on but we did not stop, the island I saw them on was Flores. Somewhere I have slides of them, I will have to look for them and when I find them I'll start a thread.
Oh,yes please! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:38 am

These Raccoon Dogs are adorable,Noora! I love you
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:14 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

These are all Peacocks I used to own Sad

Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 pm

It's so hard to choose a favourite, since I love almost all animals.

Currently my favourite animals are

okapi (there seems to be a lot of okapi fans in this board : D )

tapir

fox

squirrel

all deer and moose

and... goat!

And I try to collect as many toy figures of those animals that I can. :)

Also I like lemurs and owls and hyenas and rats and pretty much everything :''D
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:27 am

dlfrogman wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

These are all Peacocks I used to own Sad

Wow,they look amazing,Rusty! Shocked So beautiful animals cheers cheers cheers cheers
I like especially the white one but all are so majestic,I'm sorry to hear that you don't have them anymore. Sad
By the way,these are all your photos aren't they?The last one looks FANTASTIC just picture-perfect! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Ya I took all these photos and the last one was actually featured in the Idaho Statesman newspaper cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:15 pm

dlfrogman wrote:
Ya I took all these photos and the last one was actually featured in the Idaho Statesman newspaper cheers cheers
Wow, really, they're fantastic photos Rusty! The last one is stunning, the background scenery looks beautiful too.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
dlfrogman

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Yes it was I loved it there but got laid off and well so on and so on.........I have faith I will have some again some day
Back to top Go down
Ian

Ian

Country/State : Canberra, Australia

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:32 am

Hi

I read on a similar thread that the favourite wild animal of 'Master_Cat' is the cheetah, 'Nova' likes cheetahs and 'Philter4' owned two cheetahs (wow!). This is me with a cheetah named Shasa at the National Zoo & Aquarium in Canberra, where I live. My sister Elizabeth gave me a ticket to 'Meet-A-Cheetah' for Christmas. Shasa looked pregnant to me, but had just been fed a big meal. She was purring very loudly as I walked up to her - I thought it was traffic noise from the highway!

My own favourite wild animal is the gorilla - as in my avatar picture! Here's a photo I took of a silverback western lowland gorilla called Vip at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, Washington State. I'm fascinated by how gorillas like Koko have communicated with humans (and to each other) using sign language.

My favourite domestic animal is the dog. I don't have one favourite breed - I just like friendly, good-looking dogs. Here's a photo of our family dog, Lucky. He was very friendly and intelligent (and handsome, as you can see!). He was a mixture but I think he would have made a great breed!

Cheers

Ian Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:59 pm

The horses but I love the irish cob and the friesian horses cheers cheers cheers

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:09 pm

That's an easy question! Horses, mainly Tinkers.. Especially my Tinky I love you
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:00 pm

GOSH! Ian, you were stroking a real, live - is somewhat well fed - cheetah cheers
Ohhh! I wished it was me ! I adore cheetahs drunken

The gorilla looks like a real cosy guy, - LOOK, I say, no stroking there, I am sure Wink
And Lucky certainly was an extraordinarily beautyful dog.
I am sorry that he "Was". Alas, our four-legged friends live much too short.

Kaat, I surely understand that you love your Tinky.
I see that Alvaro shares your fascination of this lovely breed. Very Happy

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 pm

What an experience to be able to touch a beautiful animal such as a cheetah! Gorgeous horses! I like more of the heavy horses, such as the draft horse breeds. My favorite types of animals though have to be the big cats. Among them, one of my most favorite of course is the beautiful tiger, or more specifically the Bengal tiger! Wink Razz

(not taken by me)
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France

Last edited by animalluvr6 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm again talking a lot of my niece but I have to say that her favorite horse is also the Tinker. It is also the opposite of her uncle once my favorite horses are those light built. :DI love specially Lusitanos, Andlusians or PRE if you prefer and Arabians. Very Happy
Great pictures and experiences. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Ian

Country/State : Canberra, Australia

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 am

SUSANNE wrote:
GOSH! Ian, you were stroking a real, live - is somewhat well fed - cheetah cheers
Ohhh! I wished it was me ! I adore cheetahs drunken

The gorilla looks like a real cosy guy, - LOOK, I say, no stroking there, I am sure Wink
And Lucky certainly was an extraordinarily beautyful dog.
I am sorry that he "Was". Alas, our four-legged friends live much too short.

Kaat, I surely understand that you love your Tinky.
I see that Alvaro shares your fascination of this lovely breed. Very Happy

Hi Susanne - yes, the cheetah experience was certainly something to remember. Thanks for your compliment about Lucky. I like being able to share a photo of our dear old dog on the Internet. Sometimes I dream that Lucky is with me again - the dreams are always as realistic as real life!

Ian Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kgroot

kgroot

Country/State : netherlands

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:04 pm

My favourites are the great gray owl, the white headed vulture And the killerwhale
3 wonderfull species!!
Back to top Go down
Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 am

As much as I like carnivores such as weasels and wolves, all kinds of each distinct group, my all time very favorite animal is bear. What bears species you may say? ALL of them! But especially Ursus arctos horribilis, the great grizzly bear. The bear is, to me, a very spiritual creature as well. If I have a "spirit animal," it is this creature. The history of bear and man have always ran together, as with all animals, but like our brother the wolf, man's relationship with the grizzly has not been as harmonious and as good as it was in the beginning days. I follow a lot of American Indian beliefs, and Bear is one of the oldest and wisest and certainly the most fearsome of all the animal tribes. The ancient Shasta, Modoc, and Haida tribes all have rites, stories and passages concerning the "Great White Bear," as did the Japanese and, it is commonly believed, prehistoric people, such as the Cro-magnon. But...I didn't always love or even like bears.

When I was a child, I was fascinated by bears, and I had many cheap plastic ones, but they arose in me a deep dread and horror. Part of this horror came from reading a book entitled "The Grizzly," by Annabel and Edgar Johnson, about a enraged killer grizzly sow and a boy and his father who have to fend it off. Another book I read was "Track the Grizzly Down," by Gus Tsavo, again about a killer grizz, this one named Spook who attacked a rancher's herd of cows and hurt people in 1870's Wyoming. Then there was the horrible (and horribly made) movie "Grizzly!" from the early 80's. That film probably did more to villify bears and instill a deep fear of them in me than any other. Now, I was only a wee, wee lad at the time, and knew almost next to nothing about REAL bears. I had little Made in China plastic bears, and my dread was so deep I actually froze them in glasses of water at night. My childish logic being, that if they were frozen (in "hibernation") they couldn't come to life and kill and eat me or my family. Rather like primitive man might have believed in a way.

Well, as you can imagine, my dear old mother didn't take too kindly to this at all. For one thing, despite being in elementary school, I was supposed to be very intelligent as a child. Logically, I KNEW that I had no reason to fear bears. People who get hurt or killed are usually just in a very bad place at the wrong time, such as being between a sow and her cubs or hiking alone in unfamiliar territory or frightening or surprising a bear. I should have known this. But then I read a little story called "The Grizzly King," by James Oliver Curwood, and saw the wonderful French film "The Bear," which is based on it, and my viewpoints and beliefs changed dramatically! :) If you have not seen or read this film and story, I strongly encourage you to do so! The film starred my greatest teacher on animal behavior and human-ursine relations: Bart the Bear. I never met Bart, but I read all I could on him and his trainer, Doug Seuss. Bart and Doug showed me that bears aren't bloodthirsty monsters who prey on humans. They merely want to be left alone to live wild and free. I learned something Timothy Treadwell learned and then sadly lost: I learned to love, but also to RESPECT the bear.

I still have never had an encounter with a wild bear. Our area of Oklahoma is pretty bruin-free, despite our high school mascot bearing that name, Bruin! But I hope to see one or more (at a safe and respectable distance!!) one day. I have watched them in zoos, animal sanctuaries, and real life nature documentaries. I've read countless true books on bears. My largest animal collection is filled with bears. I have many hand-carved Zuni fetishes of bear, and he graces my necklaces and jewelry too. Like Kenai from Brother Bear, I've learned so much respect and understanding on these magnifficent animals, and I can only hope to learn more. Intelligent, swifter than a man, powerful beyond belief, with a terrific sense of smell greater than ours and more keen than an average dogs, silent walking, Bears are my favorite animals of all time. And they always will be. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 10:58 pm

I like all hooved mammals, but cattle hold the top spot, wild or domesticated. My favorite wild species is the water buffalo, and my favorite domesticated breed is either a jersey or a dexter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is your favourite animal in the world    what is your favourite animal in the world  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

what is your favourite animal in the world
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3