Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2012

Go down 
+81
ppotts
diversity
StevenStormify
pokeyanyway
Hanne-
Shardur
Fauli
Mia
Andre
ze_neto
Cyhyraeth
Nasusa
Lasersword1973
Andy DC
pachyrhinosaurus
stecal
Piizka
saintgoku
Filoraffe
Gabe
zoomaster1994
dlfrogman
Miss Mufflon
stickybob77
Dannelboyz
Sumo
Dunfold
Kristie
PILIF83
JackyLovertjex
Sartje
MARTINLATIN
smhilin
SeanieP
remrock02
Schleich-US
Zwartvoet
Vivien
beaglegirl
SchleichSammler
durangdavies
Hazelnut
smithyboy
LittleLady
alexmotoc
Rio
STORMnl
Kikimalou
noahandtheark
Bongo
appyhurdler
Arrakai
Joe
Tupolew Tu-154
widukind
Tyler Loew
Roger
Mastiffcat
MD1985
WILLYBACOMAN
Numa
Silver Unicornis
schmidtchenschleich
schleich61
Sergey
lucky luke
Wildheart
spikesilkenwolf
Siobhan
essimon
SyLoBe
Ana
SchleichHorsesForever
m.davis.15
Joan Milelire
MartinH
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
Kiryuha
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

Schleich 2012 - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Lioness wrote:
I love my Schleich lynx and I am wondering if the Mojo lynx is just a copy of Schleich?
So, the basic theory is that this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

is a copy of this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think I see a hole in that theory but maybe it's just me. Anyway, if that's the case I wish everybody would copy Schleich like this, that way we would finally have a chance to buy good replicas Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Lioness wrote:
I love my Schleich lynx and I am wondering if the Mojo lynx is just a copy of Schleich? Mojo has some good animals and some really awful ones and the quality is simply not stable. The good ones seem to be a copy of established brands such as Schleich, Bully or Papo whereas the lousy ones might be own developments.
Schleich has been doing a good standard and new models for so many years and that's why they are my favourite. cheers

Welcome Lioness! :) All brands in the market have good and bad figures and Schleich and Mojo are not exception.
Schleich figures are really apealing, mainly when we don't compare them with real animals. German brands always give some toyish looking making them cute and more atractive. A Barbie is not a perfect replica of a woman but the touch of fantasy makes them sell very well.
If you are not being partial and defeating with the heart the brand you are more used you can see that there's no comparison between these two figures. They are different species, they have different poses, proportions, etc.
I like the Schleich lynx even it looks more like a regular cat but the Mojo figure is far better you will see it.
Let me also remember that the world of animal replicas hasn't started with Schleich and that's a shame that the brand hasn't followed the good steps from previous brands. Lineol is older and the figures are much better in proportions than Schleich. Even Britains made much better sculptings.
And, in 2012, no other brand is launching figures as uninteresting as Schleich, don't you agree? what's the comparison between the new gorillas and a true gorilla or even the polar bears? Suspect
There's a brand copying Schleich and that brand is called Schleich. Some of the elephants, stork, dinosaurs, etc. are copies of previous figures!
You don't have to collect other brands but Schleich is geting back and it not only makes you sad it also makes me sad! Sad
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Roger wrote:
Lioness wrote:
I love my Schleich lynx and I am wondering if the Mojo lynx is just a copy of Schleich? Mojo has some good animals and some really awful ones and the quality is simply not stable. The good ones seem to be a copy of established brands such as Schleich, Bully or Papo whereas the lousy ones might be own developments.
Schleich has been doing a good standard and new models for so many years and that's why they are my favourite. cheers

Welcome Lioness! :) All brands in the market have good and bad figures and Schleich and Mojo are not exception.
Schleich figures are really apealing, mainly when we don't compare them with real animals. German brands always give some toyish looking making them cute and more atractive. A Barbie is not a perfect replica of a woman but the touch of fantasy makes them sell very well.
If you are not being partial and defeating with the heart the brand you are more used you can see that there's no comparison between these two figures. They are different species, they have different poses, proportions, etc.
I like the Schleich lynx even it looks more like a regular cat but the Mojo figure is far better you will see it.
Let me also remember that the world of animal replicas hasn't started with Schleich and that's a shame that the brand hasn't followed the good steps from previous brands. Lineol is older and the figures are much better in proportions than Schleich. Even Britains made much better sculptings.
And, in 2012, no other brand is launching figures as uninteresting as Schleich, don't you agree? what's the comparison between the new gorillas and a true gorilla or even the polar bears? Suspect
There's a brand copying Schleich and that brand is called Schleich. Some of the elephants, stork, dinosaurs, etc. are copies of previous figures!
You don't have to collect other brands but Schleich is geting back and it not only makes you sad it also makes me sad! Sad
Very well said,Roger! cheers flower
Back to top Go down
Arnaud

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:48 pm

As for me, I'm still very excited by the 2012 Schleich figurines. Unlike many collectors who already have a lot of different species, I don't ! I'm glad they made gorillas, stork, pelican, alpacas, skunk, birds of prey : all new species for me and, above all, available in French shops... I've seen the 2012 Papo figurines and I find Schleich much better. I'm not sure of what you mean by "toyish" but this is perhaps what I like so much in Schleich. I still find Schleich more realistic than Papo (in average, of course). This is only my humble opinion ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:13 pm

I like your answer, Roger. Well written.

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:38 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Okay, I see the Shropshire sheep, but where is the "Shropshire Lad"...(arcane literary reference intended for devotees (like myself) of the work of A.E. Housman) Wink

here he is:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(oh dear, now you're inspiring me to read it again. and it's so cheery for this time of year.... Wink )

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
Okay, I see the Shropshire sheep, but where is the "Shropshire Lad"...(arcane literary reference intended for devotees (like myself) of the work of A.E. Housman) Wink

here he is:
(oh dear, now you're inspiring me to read it again. and it's so cheery for this time of year.... Wink )

Lovely Makes me long for spring flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Vivien1998 wrote:
Very well said,Roger! cheers flower
cheers Roger!
I think it is important for all of us to remember that if someone says they do not like a figure(s) that we like, they are not commenting on us. We do not need to feel hurt or defensive if someone disagrees with our tastes, as STS members understand that there are different tastes and all tastes are valid. Where one person prefers accuracy, another might be attracted to a particular style, for whatever reason.
So while it may be a fact that the Mojo Lynx is a more accurate replica of a lynx than Schleich's replica, we understand that someone might still like Schleich's Lynx more than they like Mojo's, because Schleich's appeals to them in a way that Mojo's does not.

A more extreme ilustration is, I think we would all agree that the Papo Lioness is a much better replica than the Nayab sheep. However, i am free to prefer the Nayab sheep, because it is my taste that i prefer sheep to Lions.
now, if i were to hold forth that Miss Nayab is a more accurate replica than the Papo Lioness, you would have cause to have me committed.

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:40 am

@ Roger

Do you mean Schleich is the worst brand? If yes, then i'm not agree with you. Generally, it seems more and more to be a Schleich hater trend and all other brand will get lifted in the sky. Other brands mistakes like the extremely bad german shepherd puppy from Collecta will be ignored, but if Schleich make a mistake, then all cry like babys.

Every brand has good figures, and bad figures. No exeptions. But Schleich has one important advantage: Some of the figures are made in germany. All other brands except for Bullyland are ONLY made in China.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:43 am

Gabe wrote:
I like your answer, Roger. Well written.

Thumb up

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:26 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

here he is:

I had no idea that there is a variety of rose named after the book, but it's wonderful. Given the tone of the poems contained therein, however, maybe a black rose would have been better... :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:52 am

Paka wrote:
@ Roger
Other brands mistakes like the extremely bad german shepherd puppy from Collecta will be ignored, but if Schleich make a mistake, then all cry like babys.

I take issue with this comment. "Cry like babys" is a deliberate attempt to insult anyone who disagrees with you on this point. If you truly feel that so many of us here are so worthy of your contempt, shouldn't you simply leave this forum?

I guess it wasn't enough for you to ridicule a 12-year old female collector from Australia for no good reason, so now you're extrapolating your contempt to a larger audience here. This is really unfortunate... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:31 am

First, well said new administrator(did i miss something here? scratch ) geek
Secondly, well said Phil! Wink

We are no Schleich haters at all here, as we started this forum by one of the greatest Schleich collectors we know! cheers
But Schleich is going back in quality in case of sculpting, that is a fact, their models were getting better and better the last years, and now, suddenly their models are awfull in case of natural looks, not just a few flaws or so...
Of course every brand has its worser or better models, but what Schleich does for the coming year..., they should be ashamed of it! Evil or Very Mad
And i mean this from the bottom of my heart!
We would like to see more great models from Schleich, as from any other company, so it seems logical that we are deeply dis-appointed in Schleich for the coming year, that is not very strange, isn't it? question Rolling Eyes
And for this reason, a big hurrah for the new brands like collectA and Mojö! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:17 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

We are no Schleich haters at all here, as we started this forum by one of the greatest Schleich collectors we know! cheers
But Schleich is going back in quality in case of sculpting, that is a fact, their models were getting better and better the last years, and now, suddenly their models are awfull in case of natural looks, not just a few flaws or so...
Of course every brand has its worser or better models, but what Schleich does for the coming year..., they should be ashamed of it! Evil or Very Mad
We would like to see more great models from Schleich, as from any other company, so it seems logical that we are deeply dis-appointed in Schleich for the coming year, that is not very strange, isn't it? question Rolling Eyes
And for this reason, a big hurrah for the new brands like collectA and Mojö! cheers

Hello Willy. Well, I am no moderator, but at times, something must be said, especially if the moderators are not present or fail to attend to their responsibilities.

Like you, I love and fanatically collect Schleich, but I am also extremely disappointed with the new direction the company has taken since the British Invasion. However, I have no problem with those who disagree with me about this, and I would not stoop to attacking them personally over this, unless, of course, they fired the first missile at me or at others. Unfortunately, some of the moderators here do not seem to be able to comprehend that.

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:24 am

schleich61 wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Hello Willy. Well, I am no moderator, but at times, something must be said, especially if the moderators are not present or fail to attend to their responsibilities.

Like you, I love and fanatically collect Schleich, but I am also extremely disappointed with the new direction the company has taken since the British Invasion. However, I have no problem with those who disagree with me about this, and I would not stoop to attacking them personally over this, unless, of course, they fired the first missile at me or at others. Unfortunately, some of the moderators here do not seem to be able to comprehend that.

Well Phil, i ment Rogerio with the new administrator actually, and i saw that Christoph is one right now to, which i agree very much, they deserve it both! cheers
I know they are moderate sometimes, but we all have to be friends around here, which doesn't mean that we can't say what we think, we are an open community here, and you know i give my few cts to sometimes...'
I am sure they both agree on that. Wink
After first beeing fired, you should be able to defend yourself, i agree, you know where i came from...
But i don't think, that any theme so far went into a wrong direction, so no need for harsh reactions, don't you agree? question

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:39 am

Willy, what makes you think I was referring to Roger or Christophe... :) ?!

I agree with the rest of what you wrote, but my point is that insufficient or inconsistent "moderating" can cause just as many problems as attacks by one member on another. I was frankly shocked by the unprovoked ad hominem attack on a lovely young collector from down under (age: 12 years!) because of a difference of opinion about the current direction of new Schleich designs. None of the moderators said a thing about this, and the young collector stopped posting here immediately for some time thereafter. I found that to be immensely regrettable. Older folk like you and me can provide specific knowledge and encouragement to the community, but it is the young and new collectors who provide the vitality and great passion that keeps our community alive and vibrant.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:06 am

Guys! Chill out! Oldschool never agrees with the new folk. We were the ones to see real Schleich, not the money obsessed brand it is right now. But times change, and we must accept Schleich will never come back. Plus, the title of the forum...cough... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:41 am

Please don't get into a heated discussion, if you want to talk about it further use email.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:06 am

Harriet is right! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:00 am

I came back from work last night and I didn't read anything on the forum until this morning...

I've got my coffee ( black without sugar please Wink )

So, I will comment this thread as a moderator first, the point of the Crazy macaque will come after.

@Paka : I understand you are a SCHLEICH worshipper and I also understand you are sometimes, often or always confused , bored with bad comments about your favourite brand. I myself, at least often, very bored with blind devotion. That's life. Wink
Maybe nobody comment about the CollectA bad German shepherd puppy and maybe it isn't very important indeed. But if you want to comment it, you can open a topic in the right place and people will discuss if they want.
So why people of the STS forum are so angry about SCHLEICH ?
We are on the SCHLEICHTIERSAMMLER forum, not on the COLLECTA or MOJOTIERSAMMLER forum.
A lot of people here (not me monkey ) are great fan of SCHLEICH and are waiting more from this brand than from the other brands.
The admin of the forum is one of the greatest SCHLEICH collector, big collection, big knowledge... And a very BIG heart. Indeed the name of this forum was the first nickname of the Admin Torben.
Did you read some Admin post against people who have something bad to say about a SCHLEICH model ? NO !
Because, Torben, with the help of some of us, built a place where Animal replicas collectors can freely discuss about their passion, the models and brands. To do so, we MUST be friendly to each other even if we don't agree... It's a rule, not an advice !
SCHLEICH61 (Phil) and WILLYBACOMAN(Willy) are also some of the greatest SCHLEICH collectors and they don't feel offended because some are not... Again, it really doesn't matter !
If those Collectors are disappointed with the new models, it is certainly because they like very much the SCHLEICH animals.
Like you, I'm not disappointed by the SCHLEICH 2012... Because I am not waiting something great from this company for years now.
It means the people who are disappointed share the same passion for SCHLEICH than you !
So again, please keep cool. We are free to say what we think of a model, not to shoot or bite.
If you think the SCHLEICH 2012 are excellent and better than the others, then open a topic to explain your point and discuss with arguments, maybe you will convince us. People here are particularly open minded you know.

@SCHLEICH61 : Phil, please, I don't remember where a young Australian collector was offended, could you show me the topic ? I would like to read the posts. Thank you !

@ Arnaud and Lioness : This place is full of SCHLEICH collectors and you will find a lot of interesting topics and ideas here. Again welcome cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 am

Lioness wrote:

Welcome Lioness. Very Happy

Mojo is a very young company and I guess it is hard to have a stable quality with only a 2011 production. The important thing is : It seems MOJO quality will increase in 2012, so it is a good news for us. Take a look at the MOJO section to see the new products.

Some of the MOJO 2011 are looking a lot like COLLECTA copies, but it is a matrimonial matter... MOJO is the consequence of a divorce in the COLLECTA team, it explains why some children looks very closed Wink .

About the lynx, I'm sure it is not a copy of the SCHLEICH. I know the SCHLEICH lynx wasn't a "reference item" for people who helped during labour Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:20 am

Arnaud wrote:
As for me, I'm still very excited by the 2012 Schleich figurines. Unlike many collectors who already have a lot of different species, I don't ! I'm glad they made gorillas, stork, pelican, alpacas, skunk, birds of prey : all new species for me and, above all, available in French shops... I've seen the 2012 Papo figurines and I find Schleich much better. I'm not sure of what you mean by "toyish" but this is perhaps what I like so much in Schleich. I still find Schleich more realistic than Papo (in average, of course). This is only my humble opinion ! Wink

Great then Arnaud cheers I hope you will share pics and thoughts about those models when you will catch them.
" toyish" means often "cute" when we are speaking about SCHLEICH. I understand a lot of people love them because they are cute... But indeed not very realistic. For example, I think the PAPO elephants are more realistic than the SCHLEICH, both Asian or African. The SCHLEICH have far too big head for the bodies, as usual Wink .
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:26 am

Great speech! cheers
Btw, you reminded me of something...I miss Torben around the forum!
Back to top Go down
Shardur

Shardur

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:42 am

I've got two of the new 2012 figures: the Snowy owl and the Eagle chicks, and I#m veeery happy with them. The owl is a real beauty for me and I love the idea of the - yes: cute - chicks.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 9:00 am

Yes, i understand you Phil! Very Happy
I know you didn't ment our new administrators here... Rolling Eyes

Very well said my friend Christophe! cheers Very Happy
By the way, i am not one of the biggest Schleich collectors anymore, and probably never was, as i am not a particular fan of Schleich in general, just as you, and not more then any other modern brand.
I sold most of my Schleich farm animals before, and lots of the accesoires to to one of our members this week.
Only parts of the Schleich collection stay.
I am dis-appointed in Schleich, because their quality in general was going up the last years, but is going down hard again with the upcoming year, so that is hard to understand for any collector i guess...
But i am very happy that the new brands like Mojö and CollectA are making great models for the next year, and for me it is not interesting anymore what Schleich or even Papo are making, as they are both dis-appointing for 2012! Crying or Very sad

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2012   Schleich 2012 - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2012
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next