Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My AAA / ELC sheep

Go down 
+7
Vivien
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
Mastiffcat
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 7:00 am

Here are my ELC sheep - which i understand are made by AAA...please correct me if i'm wrong!

Ewes:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This one is newer and smaller scale than the rest of the family:

The rams:

Lambies!

Happy family:

Now, what about the Fugly Brothers? They've been ID'd as by Tom Major, but i got both of my Fuglys in lots as ELC sheep. And here's another Fugly Brother listed on ebay as an ELC: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Why do so many people think the Fuglys are ELC? "Exceedingly Lousy Creatures"?

Still looking for this guy:

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:02 am

Not so bad at all, lambs are beauties cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:09 am

skysthelimit wrote:
Not so bad at all, lambs are beauties cheers
I agree, they are so cute. Lovely collection of AAA sheep Carolynn, I'll have to keep an eye out for that sheep you're looking for. bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:02 pm

They are WONDERFUL cheers

I am sure they were made by AAA. I have the littl`er one, and it says AAA on the belly, - it also says "lamb" scratch
Kind of well developed lamb Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Thank you! I love the ELCs. I love you I have to stop myself from buying every ELC i see!
There is something about their paintjobs that is very appealing - they look like watercolor paintings. I am working on getting a better set up for photographing, and when i do, i'll take photos that show their detail better (i hope!).
sunny flower sunny flower

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 am

You love them so they are beautiful! :) Congrats for your short legged sheep! Wink ...and good luck searching what you are looking! :)
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:25 am

i have been terrible about posting photos of my newcomers, especially some very special ones: this spectacular ELC/AAA ram was a gift from Susanne, one of the kindest, most generous people in the world!

Look how beautiful his face is! The older sheep by AAA for ELC are truly works of art. Their painting looks like delicate watercolors.
He looks so fierce that Stessy is wisely keeping her distance in the rear!

Mastiffcat

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:59 am

I got this little girl a while ago in a trade with Daria:
I'm really glad to have her, since i haven't seen her available anywhere on line. Maybe she's a special available only in Russia sheep! Laughing

She's the newer AAA style, on a slightly smaller scale than the sheep made for ELC. Here she is with the other sheep of the same scale:
interestingly, the other ewe (on the left) is painted more like the older style: the touch isn't quite as light as the older sheep, but you can see how very different the new style of painting is. (Please note the hilarious paint job on the nose on the girl on the left: it's up on her face above her nostrils, and by golly, they were going to give her nose leather whether she wanted it or not! Laughing )

Here she is with the older ram, so you can see the scale difference.
Although they're basically the same size, if the older sheep weren't so short-legged, he'd be a lot taller than her. Lot at the size of his head next to hers! Probably she's a better replica of a sheep, but i confess i don't feel she has quite the charm of the old basset sheep!

and a funny feature of my camera: it has a nighttime setting that senses the amount of available light and does something accordingly, and frankly, i'm not sure when it's on or when it's off, but one way the photos come out like above, the other they look like this:
old fashioned sepia-toned without even trying! what's really crazy is, neither of these photos is with a flash!!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:56 am

You have a wonderful flock, WOW cheers
I agree, AAA/ELC makes some beaytyful models, ofthe we just have to look closer, because they are different from many other brands.

Funny how your camera makes different shade of the same motive, - and all of them are beautyful sunny

Thankyou for all the great pictures flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:00 am

Phantastic sheeps!!! Congratulation!!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks for showing Carolynn and also for all descriptions! I enjoy reading them! Very Happy
Your ram is a very impressive creature and a old gen with more than 20 years old! What a Face Wink
It's nice to see that any sheep in your collection has its own story and personality and it makes your collection much more than a flock but a group of many personalities! :)
Hurray for our generous Susanne! flower ... and congrats for your interesting trade with Daria! :)
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:44 pm

Congratulations on your new sheep,I really like the one that Susanne gave to you! I love you cheers
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:33 am

What a wonderful flock! :)

Congrats Carolynn and Happy New Year!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:06 am

Congrats Carolynn! I like your newer sheep!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:08 am

How adorable ad cute sheep and ram! flower flower flower Congratulations Carolynn and hooray for Susanne cheers
I also like this "water color look" on their faces. :)
And I think this in Your camera what change sometimes must be "white balance" (WB). If You set it for "auto" it will change when camera "notice" changes in light color. Probably in "night scenes" program, that WB is set for giving warmer color. scratch :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:14 pm

ana wrote:
And I think this in Your camera what change sometimes must be "white balance" (WB). If You set it for "auto" it will change when camera "notice" changes in light color. Probably in "night scenes" program, that WB is set for giving warmer color. scratch :)

it must be something like that. The photos of the big ram from Susanne are in natural daylight.

The photos of the little sheep are at night, with just ambient lighting. Except for the last photo, they are really pretty accruate for color. i think it was just a mistake to take photos of brownish sheep on a brown background. Razz i'm still trying to figure out a good set up for photos, lighting, room, freedom from feline interference...
It's a very strange camera. i have no idea what it's doing half the time.
the pain is, most of the camera instructions are on a CD, which i can't read because i have the Mac Lion OS and the CD isn't formatted for that! No i keep contacting Sony asking when they'll release it for Lion.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:39 am

:) :)

This AAA sheeps arrow now in my list.

Your pictures convinced me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My AAA / ELC sheep Empty
PostSubject: Re: My AAA / ELC sheep   My AAA / ELC sheep Empty

Back to top Go down

My AAA / ELC sheep
Page 1 of 1