Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us yours - foxes :-)

Go down 
+58
Caracal
Bonnie
Advicot
George
Jill
Taos
Pardofelis
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
WhiteLightning Wolf
Dum_my
costicuba
Tarunyada
googie212
TheLastStardust
JonasV
ulinuk
NightLioness
LeeAnn
jarda
AlopexLagopus
tyrantqueen
NandO
Chris Sweetman
GoldEagle
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
krista
Saarlooswolfhound
scot(t)
aandmkw
Cyhyraeth
Snardi
75senta75
xfoxx
Sumo
Arnaud
weaselfan93
Tiermann
dlfrogman
Ana
Suebeedo
Silver Unicornis
Kikimalou
Vivien
Rio
widukind
castlerigg
skysthelimit
Kristie
landrover
BornThisWay
WILLYBACOMAN
Mastiffcat
Roger
lucky luke
HKHollinstone
ken yeo
SUSANNE
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:08 pm

I like this fox eikoh too. Smile

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Thank you Fernando :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Fox collection   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 3:42 pm

I have quite a few here.

Set of vintage Hong Kong foxes (hard plastic)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Various Marx, Hong Kong, and a vintage Houghton Mifflin fox.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Kaiyodo Foxes[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Schleich foxes[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ALFI, K&M, Schleich Mini, PlayVisions red fox and PlayVisions African Bat Eared Fox.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Yowie Fennecs, plus Collecta and Eikoh fennec foxes.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Unknown brands.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ELC red fox.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Papo, Bullyland, and Safari LTD foxes.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safari LTD, Schleich, and china fox. Forgot my PlayVisions Arctic fox in this picture!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 6:33 pm

WOW, what a collection of foxes! cheers
It seems I also have one of these vintage HK hard plastic foxes... need to check. They're so beautiful!
About your two unknown large foxes, the largest is a Toy Major from 1997, yours is probably marked with TM inside an oval and "1997" like mine.
Other fox is one of these figures that we can see sold under several brands, mine was sold as a Timpo! Shocked
You can see mine in my collection topic whose link is in my profile signature below. arrow

On your picture with Marx fox, which one is the Houghton Mifflin? Is it the last of the pic?
I also would love to know the brands of the first and 3rd foxes on pic. First is the red long-necked and 3rd the masked.
I also see that you have an Auburn fox with base and another without, have you removed the base or Auburn sold it also without it?
Your China Arctic fox looks familiar to me but I don't have it in my collection and I can't remember what it is.
I am so glad you decided to show your foxes too! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:23 pm

What a fabulous collection of foxes affraid cheers

Wonderful pictures too, - thankyou for sharing, and for writing the brands Very Happy

WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 2:56 am

Roger wrote:
It seems I also have one of these vintage HK hard plastic foxes... need to check. They're so beautiful!
About your two unknown large foxes, the largest is a Toy Major from 1997, yours is probably marked with TM inside an oval and "1997" like mine.
Other fox is one of these figures that we can see sold under several brands, mine was sold as a Timpo! Shocked
You can see mine in my collection topic whose link is in my profile signature below. arrow

On your picture with Marx fox, which one is the Houghton Mifflin? Is it the last of the pic?
I also would love to know the brands of the first and 3rd foxes on pic. First is the red long-necked and 3rd the masked.
I also see that you have an Auburn fox with base and another without, have you removed the base or Auburn sold it also without it?
Your China Arctic fox looks familiar to me but I don't have it in my collection and I can't remember what it is.

The Toy Major fox must have been made under a number of different brands too. Mine does not have the TM symbol or the year 1997 on him. Instead , it says, FOX MADE IN CHINA. Shocked I bought him in 2007 at a gift shop in New York's Watkin's Glen State Park. They had many, many toy animal replicas there at the time, including a lot of the retired PlayVisions animals (which I could kick myself for not picking up more of them!)

Wow! What a fabulous collection you have there, Roger! I especially love the VEB Plaho foxes I saw somewhere in one of your threads. I love them so much, I went looking on the german ebay for them and found listings (and another with the wolves  I love you), unfortunately they will not ship to the US so I won't be able to add them to my collection anytime soon. I also like those german bag figures too. I never even heard of them before!

As for the Houghton Mifflin fox, that is the long necked bright red fox (the 1st one). The 3rd fox is a MARX. I have another one just like him (but he is white from being sun bleached at a flea market) and from the listings I've seen occasionally on eBay, was sold in a little cardboard box. The teeny tiny gray fox is a Tim-mee toy I think.

The Auburn foxes I got at flea markets and it appears that they were possibly sold without bases but I am not entirely sure. He does not appear to be cut from his original base but he may have been. (If he was, whoever did it did a nice job!)

SUSANNE wrote:

Wonderful pictures too, - thankyou for sharing, and for writing the brands Very Happy

Thank you! I love you

Here are some more foxes from my collection that I forgot in my other pictures.
PlayVisions Arctic Fox
Breyer Red Fox[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And this tiny composition fox I bought at a flea market. I have not seen anything like him since and do not know which vintage company made him. I bought him for $2 and had to repair his one front leg and touch up the paint on his face.(He had gotten wet and dissolved a little on the sellers table after a freak rain storm swept through.)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 2:33 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:

The Toy Major fox must have been made under a number of different brands too. Mine does not have the TM symbol or the year 1997 on him. Instead , it says, FOX MADE IN CHINA. Shocked I bought him in 2007 at a gift shop in New York's Watkin's Glen State Park. They had many, many toy animal replicas there at the time, including a lot of the retired PlayVisions animals (which I could kick myself for not picking up more of them!)

Wow! What a fabulous collection you have there, Roger! I especially love the VEB Plaho foxes I saw somewhere in one of your threads. I love them so much, I went looking on the german ebay for them and found listings (and another with the wolves I love you), unfortunately they will not ship to the US so I won't be able to add them to my collection anytime soon. I also like those german bag figures too. I never even heard of them before!

As for the Houghton Mifflin fox, that is the long necked bright red fox (the 1st one). The 3rd fox is a MARX. I have another one just like him (but he is white from being sun bleached at a flea market) and from the listings I've seen occasionally on eBay, was sold in a little cardboard box. The teeny tiny gray fox is a Tim-mee toy I think.

The Auburn foxes I got at flea markets and it appears that they were possibly sold without bases but I am not entirely sure. He does not appear to be cut from his original base but he may have been. (If he was, whoever did it did a nice job!)

Thanks for replying to all my questions.
We all regret not buying one of other figure in the past, our collecting taste and circunstances are always changing.
Interesting about that Toy Major fox, TM figures were really also sold under different brand names, I don't even know if Toy Major was the original manufacturer or one more brand using the same mold. Mine is quite heavy, I suppose yours is either.

Yes, Veb Plaho foxes are nice, you can see mine on picture below. If you need help to get anything from Europe and you think I may help in any way, just pm me. :)
The German bag figures are also new for me, it was Kosta who found them in an online shop although they're out of stock now. Sad

I'll add the Houghton Mifflin fox and that Marx fox in my wish list for sure! bounce The tiny one is a Tim-Mei indeed, I have it in my collection though, I haven't recognized it while watching your collection.
I don't know your lovely composition fox and you have the Breyer one! Shocked That one will be hard to get for me for sure!
When you have time could you please take a comparison pic with the ELC fox, f.i., ... and is it a regular pvc solide figure or is it made of a different material? Very Happy

Veb Plaho foxes

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Roger wrote:

SUSANNE wrote:

Roger wrote:

Wow! What a fabulous collection you have there, Roger! I especially love the VEB Plaho foxes I saw somewhere in one of your threads. I love them so much, I went looking on the german ebay for them and found listings (and another with the wolves  I love you), unfortunately they will not ship to the US so I won't be able to add them to my collection anytime soon. I also like those german bag figures too. I never even heard of them before!

Thanks for replying to all my questions.
We all regret not buying one of other figure in the past, our collecting taste and circunstances are always changing.
Interesting about that Toy Major fox, TM figures were really also sold under different brand names, I don't even know if Toy Major was the original manufacturer or one more brand using the same mold. Mine is quite heavy, I suppose yours is either.

Yes, Veb Plaho foxes are nice, you can see mine on picture below. If you need help to get anything from Europe and you think I may help in any way, just pm me. :)
The German bag figures are also new for me, it was Kosta who found them in an online shop although they're out of stock now. Sad

I'll add the Houghton Mifflin fox and that Marx fox in my wish list for sure! bounce The tiny one is a Tim-Mei indeed, I have it in my collection though, I haven't recognized it while watching your collection.
I don't know your lovely composition fox and you have the Breyer one! Shocked That one will be hard to get for me for sure!
When you have time could you please take a comparison pic with the ELC fox, f.i., ... and is it a regular pvc solide figure or is it made of a different material? Very Happy

Veb Plaho foxes

What a Face Oh I adore those Plaho foxes so much! I love you I'd LOVE to have your help in obtaining them!

If you're interested, I'd be more than happy to give you my Houghton Mifflin fox and Marx fox to add to your collection. I have two of those Marx foxes to begin with and have been thinking of giving up the Houghton Mifflin fox for some time now. I'd be super happy if they could go to you!

Here's a size comparison pic of the Breyer fox with the ELC fox. The breyer fox isn't made out of the same plastic as the Breyer horses. Its a very hard plastic and by the weight, is a solid figure. Some of the smaller Breyer dogs like the Sheltie were made out of this same plastic material.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 3:06 am

What a Face Oh I adore those Plaho foxes so much! I love you I'd LOVE to have your help in obtaining them!

If you're interested, I'd be more than happy to give you my Houghton Mifflin fox and Marx fox to add to your collection. I have two of those Marx foxes to begin with and have been thinking of giving up the Houghton Mifflin fox for some time now. I'd be super happy if they could go to you!

Here's a size comparison pic of the Breyer fox with the ELC fox. The breyer fox isn't made out of the same plastic as the Breyer horses. Its a very hard plastic and by the weight, is a solid figure. Some of the smaller Breyer dogs like the Sheltie were made out of this same plastic material.

Thanks again for informations and photo of the Breyer fox, I suspected these two could work nicely together. Laughing
I'd love to have the Houghton Mifflin fox in my collection but I think you hsould keep it with you once you don't have another.
The spare Marx fox you can reserve for me please. I see it served as inspiration for the raccoon like Indian made fox in my collection. study
Let me know how I can help you with these European vintage tiny foxes. You can send to me a private message or we can keep the conversation in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you wish. :)
Maybe we can help each other overseas. :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 9:48 am

Beautieful foxes too :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 2:36 am

Roger wrote:

Here's a size comparison pic of the Breyer fox with the ELC fox. The breyer fox isn't made out of the same plastic as the Breyer horses. Its a very hard plastic and by the weight, is a solid figure. Some of the smaller Breyer dogs like the Sheltie were made out of this same plastic material.

Thanks again for informations and photo of the Breyer fox, I suspected these two could work nicely together. Laughing
I'd love to have the Houghton Mifflin fox in my collection but I think you hsould keep it with you once you don't have another.
The spare Marx fox you can reserve for me please. I see it served as inspiration for the raccoon like Indian made fox in my collection. study
Let me know how I can help you with these European vintage tiny foxes. You can send to me a private message or we can keep the conversation in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you wish. :)
Maybe we can help each other overseas. :)

Hi, hi! As luck would have it, I actually just found the Plaho foxes and a Plaho wolf at an antique shop for very reasonable prices over the weekend. (I actually got a little excited and bought a whole bunch of other Plaho and Elastolin animals from this antique shop as well What a FaceLaughing ) I was quite surprised to even find these Plaho animals here in the US since I've never even seen them before but I absolutely love them because they are so much different then other vintage animals I see all the time.

I would still love to send both those foxes (The MARX and the Houghton Mifflin) to you if you wish. The Houghton Mifflin fox is actually quite easy to obtain here in the US, so I'm really not concerned with finding another one. You can PM me your shipping info if you like and I'll be sure to send them off ASAP along with proof of shipment. If I can, I'll attempt getting a tracking number as well.

I'd be happy to help you with finding foxes or (other animals) over here in the US too. Very Happy If you're ever looking for something in particular that is rare in your location but common here, just send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to help find it for you!
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 10:07 pm

Gorgeous foxes, WhiteLightning!! Applause Here is my latest gang of Arctic foxes:

Play Visions, Papo, 2x Schleich-S, Safari Ltd Authentics and Ferrero Natoons

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 1:47 am

Hi, hi! As luck would have it, I actually just found the Plaho foxes and a Plaho wolf at an antique shop for very reasonable prices over the weekend. (I actually got a little excited and bought a whole bunch of other Plaho and Elastolin animals from this antique shop as well What a FaceLaughing ) I was quite surprised to even find these Plaho animals here in the US since I've never even seen them before but I absolutely love them because they are so much different then other vintage animals I see all the time.

I would still love to send both those foxes (The MARX and the Houghton Mifflin) to you if you wish. The Houghton Mifflin fox is actually quite easy to obtain here in the US, so I'm really not concerned with finding another one. You can PM me your shipping info if you like and I'll be sure to send them off ASAP along with proof of shipment. If I can, I'll attempt getting a tracking number as well.

I'd be happy to help you with finding foxes or (other animals) over here in the US too. Very Happy If you're ever looking for something in particular that is rare in your location but common here, just send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to help find it for you!

Fantastic, that is quite fortunate! Veb Plaho figures are very good once they were designed as small and chubby replicas of Lineol figures that are just the best among vintage and probably of ever. It doesn't make Plaho the best once the reduced size and plastic manufacturing turned old Lineol designs more simplistic and less delicate. Elastolin are also excellent figures, I love them and I am tempted of collecting their wild life figures from 54 mm scale.
That's is very kind from you, offering these two foxes and your help. I will contact you, I have two modern American branded foxes that I want a lot and you may help and maybe I have something for you too. Very Happy

Julie, beautiful white flock, your Authentics doesn't look at all like mine or is it the angle? Laughing

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 9:06 am

Nice arctic foxes Julie :)

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 10:45 am

Thanks, Roger and Andres! Smile

Roger: my Safari Ltd Authentics Arctic fox looks like this:

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 10:52 am

Roger wrote:

Julie, beautiful white flock, your Authentics doesn't look at all like mine or is it the angle? Laughing

I think it's not only the angle, Roger. I do think that your Safari Authentics fox drinks too much coffee Laughing Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 10:55 am

Ana wrote:
I think it's not only the angle, Roger. I do think that your Safari Authentics fox drinks too much coffee Laughing Wink

I think that's very true Laughing

If I remember correclty, the Safari Ltd Authentics were reproduced years later, right? Maybe yours is the old/original version and mine is the newer, reproduced one? scratch

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 9:54 pm

I have nothing to add to this discussion except for this observation:

Safari ltd. Artic foxes are the most sad and depressing animal figures I have ever witnessed in my collecting days.
They make me want to cut myself.
albino

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 1:32 am

Tarunyada wrote:
Thanks, Roger and Andres! Smile

Roger: my Safari Ltd Authentics Arctic fox looks like this:

Tarunyada wrote:
Ana wrote:

I think that's very true Laughing

If I remember correclty, the Safari Ltd Authentics were reproduced years later, right? Maybe yours is the old/original version and mine is the newer, reproduced one? scratch

Bloodrayne wrote:
I have nothing to add to this discussion except for this observation:

Safari ltd. Artic foxes are the most sad and depressing animal figures I have ever witnessed in my collecting days.
They make me want to cut myself.
albino

lol! You're all crazy! lol!
Yes, Safari Authentics are particulary funny figures, especially the depressive Arctic fox! Wink

Julie, there are several variants among Authentics, they were sold by Safari, Schleich, ELC, in this case, that is just a coffee diet variation as Ana pointed. Laughing flower

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 5:37 pm

the fox from the K&M european tube

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 9:22 am

What a lovely bunch of foxes!
I have got my own to know :)
(already showed in another topic but still:)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:55 pm

Great foxes Andreas and Dum-my! Very Happy I think I still miss these. Laughing
I also have new foxes after a long time and some tumultuous circunstances. These are my first foxes since I moved to another home. ... and what a trio! Shocked All Kaiyodo foxes that our new friend Masoud sent from Iran! cheers cheers

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:11 pm

Very special models Roger! They are at the right place now. sunny

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 8:38 am

Great foxes Dum_my and Roger :)

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 9:50 pm

Here are my own foxes. The two smaller ones are easy to recognize: Wild Republik and PlayVisions. The bigger one in the middle is a resin model covered with real fur (unless fur-covered figures are not made of resin?). Bought back in 1984 in a flea market, it represents, to me, a desert fox. I have no idea what company made it. I also have a chamois made the same way, the same size as this fox, bought back in 1990 in a convenient store.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours - foxes :-)   Show us yours - foxes :-) - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us yours - foxes :-)
Page 18 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next