Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations

Go down 
+16
Metallisuchus
aandmkw
scot(t)
krista
bojan
Ana
Bowhead Whale
Kikimalou
WILLYBACOMAN
sphyrna18
Roger
SUSANNE
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
widukind
apichartu
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
apichartu

apichartu

Country/State : Thailand

Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations Empty
PostSubject: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:21 am

Safari Ltd. made animal replicas since 1982. They had many product lines & change new model every 5 - 6 years.

These are some of Safari's animal in my collection. They mixed between old & new generation. We will see detail comparison and product/manufacturing developments.

Holstein Bull (3 generations)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Triceratops (Carnegie Musuem / 3 difference colors)

Triceratops (3 generations)

Triceratops (2 generations)

Styracosaurus (2 generations)

American Bison (2 generations)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:26 am

Wow!! Nice too see more generations!! Thank you!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
apichartu

apichartu

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:02 am

African White Rhino (2 generations)

African Elephant (3 generations)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Oh I like the old Bison! Thanks for all the photos, very interesting! bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:47 pm

This is very interesting facts!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:11 pm

This is a fantastic contribution to our forum Shocked cheers

I have never seen these comparisons before !
Thankyou VERY much flower flower

Funny, I really like the first variants best, - both bull, bison and elefant scratch
The dinoes are all beautyful, I especially love the dark-and-orange triceratops , which doesn`t mean the others are not great too bounce bounce drunken Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:15 pm

That's incredibly interesting! We know almost everything about Schleich, Papo and CollectA, a lot of Bullyland and it is always hard to find information about old Safari figures! Thanks for showing! I'm really happy with this pictures and I loved to see more or even retired figures not replaced! Very Happy Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:18 pm

At least now we have a Safari Collector that can share with us!

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:40 am

I'm not familiar with any models from as far back as 1982. I know that they used to distribute the AAA figures, even after they had introduced their first collections: Carnegie Collection (1988), Monterey Bay Aquarium Collection (1991), Vanishing Wild (1992). The Baltimore Aquarium Poison Dart Frogs, as well as the first collections of mini figures all debuted during that time as well, but I'm not positive of the exact dates right now (before 1994, tho).

In 1996, they ceased sales of the AAA figures and introduced the Wild Safari and Safari Farm lines and the first incarnation of the Incredible Creatures / Snake Kingdom lines. Tennessee Aquarium Salamanders debuted around 1997.

I'd be interested in seeing which figures were produced before 1988. They started out producing an Animal Rummy card game, in the early 80s. I used to have it, but not anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:50 am

Thank you very much for these comparing pictures! :cheers:You dohave a great Safari collection as it seems... cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:23 am

Very interresting pics and infos Api and Sphyr... Thank you for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:28 am

SUSANNE wrote:
This is a fantastic contribution to our forum Shocked cheers

I have never seen these comparisons before !
Thankyou VERY much flower flower

Funny, I really like the first variants best, - both bull, bison and elefant scratch
The dinoes are all beautyful, I especially love the dark-and-orange triceratops , which doesn`t mean the others are not great too bounce bounce drunken Very Happy

It's tru the older bison has a more exciting pose but the newer is more detailed.

About the triceratops, the third one is far better than the previous and IMHO even a bit better than the PAPO. Cool
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:01 pm

But among the bulls... which one is the oldest and which one is the newest? Sorry if I sound silly... question
Back to top Go down
apichartu

apichartu

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptySun May 20, 2012 4:41 pm

The oldest is left hand side & newest is right hand side.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptySun May 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Great comparison photos! Thank You! I also think the first elephant looks best Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:07 pm

This topic is a real gem for us who don't know much about Safari. Thank you very much! Now the American Bison joined my wishlist! Very Happy

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Nice topic! I really enjoyed looking at the pics. It's always nice to see how the brands have developed... : )

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:47 am

I agree, it is a great topic. I have and love both the newer Buffalo and newer Rhino. But the older Safari models are really nice and I wish I get get a hold of them as well. (I've noticed that Safari sometimes seems to recycle their Identification Numbers. This can make it hard for collectors and sellers.)
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Great topic. Very interesting. I never thought to compare them like this. Thanks for all the great comparison photos.
Back to top Go down
Metallisuchus

Metallisuchus

Country/State : America

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:34 am

Why didn't I think of this? Great idea!
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:14 pm

scot(t) wrote:
I agree, it is a great topic. I have and love both the newer Buffalo and newer Rhino. But the older Safari models are really nice and I wish I get get a hold of them as well. (I've noticed that Safari sometimes seems to recycle their Identification Numbers. This can make it hard for collectors and sellers.)

old wild safari line (click to see a bigger picture):

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:12 am

Interesting to watch! Thanks for showing! Very Happy

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 4:10 am

Nice set of photos Lance! There are some great models in there.
Back to top Go down
WolfSpirit-73

WolfSpirit-73

PostSubject: Safari LTD Polar Bear Comparisons   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:04 pm

As an artist I like collecting animal replicas as a way to have something to refrence by when i'm unable to attend the zoo. Normally I favor Schleich over Safari LTD but I do collect a few Safaris. A few months ago i purchased the new Polar bear and did a comparison of it with my older 1997 version.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Great photo! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations   Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd. - Old & New Generations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd.-
Jump to: