Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my Britains giraffes - repaint

Go down 
+11
Vivien
Roger
HKHollinstone
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
baltimore zoo
SyLoBe
widukind
Joan Milelire
SUSANNE
MartinH
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 03:06

You can't have everything i guess my friend... Wink

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 10:50

Thank you so much my friends :))) I´m so glad you like this repaint :)
Right now I´m studying pattern of massai giraffe for my future repaint :)) Massai spots are very specific.

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 00:38

SUSANNE wrote:
MartinH wrote:
well Sue.. for me in Czech republic they are rare :)))
I don´t know if they are still available... I don´t know much about Britains Embarassed scratch

Laughing Laughing I know. - it is the same here I suppose Mad

But perhaps Willy knows ?

Unfortunately, the Britains range of zoo/wildlife animals were withdrawn in 1998. After this date they were not included in catalogues. In Britain they were still available in toy shops for a few years after this date. However, these shops are now stocking Schleich models.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 00:42

Kikimalou wrote:
Great job Martin Very Happy

Schleichzoo wrote:
Beautifully painted. Well Done. Britains have made some of the best animal models with the best features, detail and body proportions to anyone out there.....

You are right Wink An d BRITAINS have also the poorest painting of the 60's and 70's Laughing

The 1960's were OK but I agree regarding the 1970's. :)

Chris
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 00:44

MartinH wrote:
Right now I´m studying pattern of massai giraffe for my future repaint :)) Massai spots are very specific.

Martin the way you have painted the Britains giraffe is truly stunning. :)

Well done. Wink

Chris
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 09:29

Chris Sweetman wrote:
MartinH wrote:

Martin the way you have painted the Britains giraffe is truly stunning. :)

Well done. Wink

Chris
Thank you so much Chris :) I´m glad you like it :)

Lennart

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Britains zoo models   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 21:36

Hi,

for those who can afford it, this small book covers the early Britains plastic animals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Many of them is made after the lead ones from earlier. But not all of the lead animals went plastic, like the Bushbok, Gazelle or the Warthog.

During the plastic years Britains modified and changed their animals. + added more species.

The book above dont cover some of the best one made, presented after 1971 like the Gaur, the new Sable Antilop or the Wildeebest.

There are two other books in this serie one about the Britains flower garden and one about the Farm.

The best book about Britains is James Opies "The Great Book of Britains" but it is out of print and expensive as hell om E-bay. (but I got it... :-) ).

640 pages covering everything Britains made from the beginning 1893 to 1993 but of course it has not pics of everythin, but all is in the index and every year has a chapter with all new and withdrown that year. A goldmine...

And Martin, if U want Britains running Giraffe foal in good shape but not so good painted, just send Your adress!

Lennart
Stockholm

Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 09:53

Lennart wrote:
Hi,

for those who can afford it, this small book covers the early Britains plastic animals.

Many of them is made after the lead ones from earlier. But not all of the lead animals went plastic, like the Bushbok, Gazelle or the Warthog.

During the plastic years Britains modified and changed their animals. + added more species.

The book above dont cover some of the best one made, presented after 1971 like the Gaur, the new Sable Antilop or the Wildeebest.

There are two other books in this serie one about the Britains flower garden and one about the Farm.

The best book about Britains is James Opies "The Great Book of Britains" but it is out of print and expensive as hell om E-bay. (but I got it... :-) ).

640 pages covering everything Britains made from the beginning 1893 to 1993 but of course it has not pics of everythin, but all is in the index and every year has a chapter with all new and withdrown that year. A goldmine...

And Martin, if U want Britains running Giraffe foal in good shape but not so good painted, just send Your adress!

Lennart
Stockholm

Thank you Lennart, PM send :)

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 May 2012, 20:45

Happily we do have more Britains experts here now! cheers
The giraffe with movable neck is in the middle section, when it comes to rareness i think, the later Massai-version is more rare imho.
It is a matter of finding a nice one, with all of its spots still on, and even rarer, the first edition of the adult giraffe, still with spots...
The metall one in good shape belongs to the most rare of them... Shocked

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 May 2012, 08:58

Massai-version is really rare... and extremely great!

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 May 2012, 04:35

I think, it is remarkably better painted, in better detail then the previous version indeed.
The old metall version, the same mould as the first plastic one, is just a dream, specially in a good shape!

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue 22 May 2012, 02:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 May 2012, 08:44

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I think, it is remakably better painted, in better detail then the previous version indeed.
The old metall version, the same mould as the first plastic one, is just a dream, specially in a good shape!

Shocked Shocked wooow!! These are amazing!!! Thanks Willy :)

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 May 2012, 02:44

Those are very rare, specially in a good condition, and they will rip off the bottom of your wallet probably... Shocked

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 May 2012, 08:31

shoe... I´m without money only thinking about it scratch

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 May 2012, 03:43

I know that problem for a long time already...

PostSubject: Re: my Britains giraffes - repaint   my Britains giraffes - repaint - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

my Britains giraffes - repaint
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: