Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo

Go down 
+25
Egbert
alexmotoc
SyLoBe
ken yeo
Roger
widukind
Rio
Joan Milelire
Sergey
Kristie
MartinH
MARTINLATIN
STORMnl
Philter4
SUSANNE
Mastiffcat
lucky luke
Kiryuha
Ana
remrock02
Vivien
Numa
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
Kikimalou
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:41 pm

I'm not sure, but I think I'm agreed with Christophe first comments

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:08 pm

I'm going to be different but I like the first one, I like the shading on the body.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:48 am

Congratulation!!! Very nice!!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:30 am

widukind wrote:

So... What is your point of view ? which one ? Another idea for the painting ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:

So... What is your point of view ? which one ? Another idea for the painting ? Very Happy

I think Mr. second is very good and you dont need a other idea. Very Happy lol!

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:12 pm

My son Filip also voted for Mr Second Laughing bounce (and he wanted this jumping emoticon to put here Razz )
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:40 pm

ana wrote:
My son Filip also voted for Mr Second Laughing bounce (and he wanted this jumping emoticon to put here Razz )

Philip`s vote cournt for at least 10 cheers
bounce bounce from me also Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Ahhh, I thought these were the final mould Shocked Embarassed

You are right for the mould... But not for the paint Very Happy

Ahhh, so the picture you show is wishful thinking Very Happy
I think those horns are nicer, also.
Actually, seraching for pictures of the cape buffalo, I have not found any with the kind of ruffeled horns like the two Misters Shocked scratch
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Please remove the whites around the eyes i dont like that at all...it should just be dark like the rest of the body.....look at the Schleich buffalo.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Maybe I missed something, which "white around the eyes"?

http://lh4.ggpht.com/--luMYTAKtIQ/SEAZ2ZIKz6I/AAAAAAAAAaE/geD6KiY9VFg/Buffalo%252520Cape%252520IMG_1733.JPG
http://terrydarc.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/cape-buffalo-chobe_edited-11.jpg

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Thanks for your wonderful topic, Christophe!cheers Also thanks to Mojo for appreciating our comments! Very Happy
It is getting clear what is the preference of the most part of the members.
I was lucky enough to follow the development of this figure and the first pictures I received were already showing a fantastic buffalo with an excelent sculpting and movement!
This replica, in my opinion, shows a really mature male savannah buffalo.
Why a mature male? See the full developed horns, the massive body and the large hump, for example.
The details are characteristics to the level of the subspecies, to the gender and even age. Everything goes well here.
So, the painting should be according with it. This is the darkest of all subspecies, males are usually darker than females unless when they are young what is not the case.
The controversial ring??? See this picture I've received from James:
mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 Buffalofront
Many male savannah buffalo develop grizzled white patches around the eyes (this phrase is not mine but present in an important work about the species)
It accentuates the characteristics of the desired figure.
So, fortunately for us collectors, it looks that Mojo Fun knows exactly what they are doing and not copying other brands but replicating real animals!

What is my favourite version? The body of Mr. Second, clearly!
Unclean horns and yes, I like the rings, but more in grizzled than in white. :)
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 6:13 pm

Roger wrote:
I like the rings, but more in grizzled than in white. :)
i agree, i like that there is some difference around the eyes, but for some reason the color around Mr 2's eyes seems off. Maybe if it were greyer or a muddier white?

Real animals can get away with a lot that replicas can't, so that what is truly accurate sometimes looks false, or accidental like it was sloppy. Especially grizzling is hard to make realistic, especially with a spray brush and especially when it must be painted quickly for mass production.

But i love this fellow and i will be perfectly happy with either paint job. And if they can do the horns like in the photo Christophe posted!!!!

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:24 pm

It's is hard make a decision on both! Maybe should send us both for a comparison! Laughing Laughing

Personally I prefer the first one.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:37 pm

ken yeo wrote:
It's is hard make a decision on both! Maybe should send us both for a comparison! Laughing Laughing

Brilliant idea bounce bounce cheers cheers Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Or make both colors - the children won't care and the collectors will buy both!

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:29 am

I would prefer Mr.First :) But I like both!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:43 am

It looks Mojo already know what to do and the brand will do what people here wanted.
About the size of the figure I haven't yet the measurements but I think it is slightly larger than Papo cape buffalo! :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:28 am

Roger wrote:
It looks Mojo already know what to do and the brand will do what people here wanted.

scratch scratch What people here wanted ? people here wanted a lot of things... drunken

Back to top Go down
alexmotoc

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:40 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

scratch scratch What people here wanted ? people here wanted a lot of things... drunken

...but i think than Mojo PR 's looks very intrested our forum !
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, I've received the information that one of the horns will be painted according with Mister first and the other according with Mister second. The same for the body, half left with shading and half right without it.
Ah, almost forgot, one of the eyes will have a white ring and the other not! Wink Laughing

Seriously, you will see when finished! :)
Back to top Go down
Egbert

Egbert

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:42 pm

I like this idea, turn him one way and you have 1 style and the other and hey presto another style.
Transformer animals, this could catch on, just think of the money you will save Very Happy

Just off to see if Anna can do a Dapple Grey Bay Andalusian lol! lol! lol! pirat
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:49 pm

... and if you add clip-on testicles you can have male and a female, of course - not at the same time... Laughing

alexmotoc

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 4:09 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
... and if you add clip-on testicles you can have male and a female, of course - not at the same time... Laughing
Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Egbert

Egbert

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Robert your a genius!
Gender bending two tone transforming animals, its the future!!! Very Happy

I think this could be a whole different thread, clip on udders,horns, tails, the possibilities are endless!!!!!!!!!!! Idea
I think i need to lie down for a bit, my head hurts Shocked

lol! lol! lol! pirat
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Egbert wrote:
Robert your a genius!
Gender bending two tone transforming animals, its the future!!! Very Happy

I think this could be a whole different thread, clip on udders,horns, tails, the possibilities are endless!!!!!!!!!!! Idea
I think i need to lie down for a bit, my head hurts Shocked

cheers cheers cheers

And we will call them scratch scratch scratch ... Very Happy PLAYMOBIL ! geek Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo   mojo - MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MOJO need your help to choose a Cape buffalo
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next