Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...

Go down 
+10
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
landrover
Vivien
Kristie
widukind
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Roger
SUSANNE
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Congrats Susanne! At least some family is completed!

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:30 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Yes, you are right Harriet, the tail etc, this little rhino looks very much like a dwarf-mutant of your deluxe rhino scratch
Oh, dear ! I am so tempted to get the larger one also now Shocked

How big is he ? Yours, I mean ?
If you have time, maybe you will send a picture comparing him to one of the more well-known models ?
Here's a comparison picture, he fits nicely with these figurines, I mean the right scale with each other
Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 Scaleselephant12

I really can resist the WW elephant & Bullyland Rhino!

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:49 pm

What year was the big hippo released? Any other large animals with that series?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:11 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:

I really can't help you with the year but you can find easily the large series searching for Bullyland Deluxe! The rhino Harriet is showing, the largest is from the Deluxe series while the other is from regular series and already retired. The baby is this one...
Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 BU63611
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:17 am

baltimore zoo wrote:

The large hippo and baby were realeased in 2008, they are part of the large series of large "Deluxe" models.

You can see some of the deluxe-models here :
http://schleichtiersammler.de/04909d9cac116f901/04909d9cbc1489003/index.html

It is the series (most of ? ) their wildlife is made for these days.

The Rhino-mom has item no 63610, the baby 63611 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:52 am

ken yeo wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Yes, you are right Harriet, the tail etc, this little rhino looks very much like a dwarf-mutant of your deluxe rhino scratch

If you have time, maybe you will send a picture comparing him to one of the more well-known models ?
Here's a comparison picture, he fits nicely with these figurines, I mean the right scale with each other

You really can affraid Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:23 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
ken yeo wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

You really can affraid Laughing

Mistake " can't"

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:52 am

Laughing Laughing What a difference a little "t" makes Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
ken yeo

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:49 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Laughing Laughing What a difference a little "t" makes Shocked Laughing

a big difference "only a matter of time" sooner or later!!

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 8:45 pm

I saw this tread much to late again... Laughing
Again so much great new Bullylands Susanne, which doesn't wonder me of course for a lady that is called the Bullyland-Queen around here right now! king
I have all the same models as your new goodies to, but i would never buy the bird-spiders, i would scare myself to dead everytime i saw them, thinking they might be real or so, bbbrrrrr... affraid
I would like the bigger version of this black rhino to, the one that Harriet has.
I think, it is a great model! cheers

By the way, i must throw something from my heart about that name tarantula, which is probably one of the worsest examples how names stick to people... Shocked
Birdspider would be right, and yes, some species do eat birds indeed! affraid
The tarantula is actually a much smaller spider from the Mediteranean isles and other parts of Italy like Napels for example, which was named so, because his courtship dance, remembered the people of these islands and other Italians very much at their local and cultural dance, which was named the tarantella. study

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:55 pm

I have a question about the spider. I own the Sidney venemous spider model, but mine has no hair representation whatsoever: it's totally soft and texture-free.Did bullyland actually make TWO Sidney spider models or does yours represent another species? question
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:41 pm

Bullyland has made several spiders, also a Funnel-web spider, wolf spider and others.
I don`t have them all.
But there was a Tarantula with smooth surface before the precent one

Bruno C Monteiro

Country/State : Brasil/São Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:10 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 Scaleselephant12

Harriet the scale is very good! I have this WLW elephant, and the Bully´s rhino in a small scale, but, and the others in the picture too, except the marvelous giraffe, what´s the brand??? Thank you and congratulations!!!
Back to top Go down
Bruno C Monteiro

Country/State : Brasil/São Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:13 pm

The little Hippo got a dad.. hopefully I will find the mom for him also some day
Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 Largehippoes

Susanne the small one is perfect, great idea to give his mother back!
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:41 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 Wolf

I seem to remeber that the same model was also called something else, was it together with the prehistoric mammals scratch Or was it something I dreamt Rolling Eyes

? Why Alaskan Wolf
Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 Bullyland58374direwolf_579

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:57 pm

Laughing Laughing First it was an Alascan wolf, - then a Dire wolf, when the series of prehistoric mammals were introduced Wink

Actually it is wrong, - the dire-wolf lived where the Alascan wolf lives now, but they are not directly related :

Although it was closely related to the gray wolf and other sister species, Canis dirus is not the direct ancestor of any species known today. Unlike the gray wolf, which is of Eurasian origin, the dire wolf evolved on the North American continent, along with the coyote.[8] The Dire Wolf co-existed with the Gray Wolf in North America for about 100,000 years

See more *here* study

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Good info Susanne!
Like i thought, it was part of the Northern hemispherean megafauna, in which most species grew to much bigger sizes then in modern species. :)

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Thu May 24, 2012 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Bruno C Monteiro wrote:
Harriet the scale is very good! I have this WLW elephant, and the Bully´s rhino in a small scale, but, and the others in the picture too, except the marvelous giraffe, what´s the brand??? Thank you and congratulations!!!
Thanks Bruno!! The giraffe is AAA.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:52 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Bruno C Monteiro wrote:

The one that you repainted, isn`t it ? bounce
It is GORGEOUS cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:54 am

SUSANNE wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Bruno C Monteiro wrote:

The one that you repainted, isn`t it ? bounce
It is GORGEOUS cheers
Yes that's right, thanks Susanne flower

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:07 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Bullyland has made several spiders, also a Funnel-web spider, wolf spider and others.
I don`t have them all.
But there was a Tarantula with smooth surface before the precent one

Oh! This is why my Sidney spider has no painted white hair. However, I looked at it again, and found that it had hair texture in the mold of the abdomen! So, it's just the paint job that is different. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...   Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Awesome apes, a scary spider, a huge hippo and ...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2