Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals around your house...

Go down 
+82
rogerpgvg
Jill
Gecko08
costicuba
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
landrover
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
Bowhead Whale
SouthNoah
Anne from Norway
Takama
FluffySlipers
Viking Spawn
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Roger
Dannelboyz
teardrop
A-J
QuollMate
arafan
LeeAnn
Tove
JonasV
Bloodrayne
koniminiatures
Isabeau
resti
NandO
Bernyto
GoldEagle
jarda
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
trevok4
Ian
cattlecollector
Silver Unicornis
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
carlysulli
Taylcoel
paleoferroequine
sortepletter
Sumo
krista
xfoxx
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
animalluvr6
Arnaud
Vivien
Kiana84
schleich61
Schleich-US
SyLoBe
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Rio
widukind
HKHollinstone
SchleichHorsesForever
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Philter4
Kristie
Siobhan
zbyszek
Nova
Lasersword1973
Admin
Kikimalou
Wildheart
aandmkw
Gabe
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

Animals around your house... - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 11:13 pm

landrover wrote:
This insect appeared in my house and a face appears to be drawn on its body.

Blaine.....please identification.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here you have a starting point for begin your search: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I didn't found any match. Many genus where it could belong, yes, but none exact species. Being in Colombia it would be very unsurprising to find that is an undescribed new species for science.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 11:53 pm

sorry I don't have a lot of experience with Neotropical lamiines, but the link sent should be a starting point. You can also post to the iNaturalist website.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 11:54 pm

Thanks Pardofelis, very interesting information study study study study

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 9:37 pm

Can anybody ID this caterpillar? I live in the northwest region of the US.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 9:39 pm

Is the caterpillar of Papilio troilus Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 12:53 am

Very nice caterpillar, with very rare eyes. cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 4:14 am

It looks awful similar but mine didnt have the big black eye spots, just the smaller ones. And google says the spicebrush swallowtail is a southeastern habitat species. However, we had white faced ibis visit us for the first time this year too so maybe climate change is widening the habitat ranges.

At any rate I moved him from my deck to the front yard so my dogs didn't bother him.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 12:40 pm

It is a Papilio for sure, but it could be one of several species that have similar-looking larvae. Knowing the host plant could help, but unfortunately you don't have that info (at least, not in this pic)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Nope I don't, it just showed up on my deck. Plants that I am familiar with that are butterfly favorites are some milkweed in the fields nearby and we have a "butterfly bush" in our yard that adults like to feed from. Not sure if that helps.

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 9:10 pm

Well I get butterflies on my buddlilea (butterfly bush) so sadly no it won't help as all butterflies and most pollinating insects love them

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 4:13 am

These are not really wildlife, but there are travelling sheep in our area. I asked the shepherd: These are 500 sheep moving from one field to the next. The local farmers grew some stuff in autumn that sheep like. I think that's good for both sides - the sheep get fresh greenery and the farmer fresh dung :-)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 8:38 am

What fabulous forage harvesters cheers

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 11:00 am

Some gorgeous sheep, it must be so nice to see them! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 12:52 am

Sheep partyyyyy cheers

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 8:20 pm

They have very beautiful floppy ears, any idea of the breed Sortepletter?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 3:44 am

Sorry, no idea, only that there seemed to be different breeds included, sturdier ones with dark faces and smaller more delicate ones in all white. Perhaps some of them were Moorschnucken, they are a hornless white Version the Heidschnucke. But thats just a guess.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 4:27 pm

Thanks, I can see some of them being Moorschnucken Smile

I learnt some new breeds of sheep cheers

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 8:56 pm

A North American Woodpecker on the street where I live, in Winter.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 8:57 pm

Beautiful! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Fantastic, what is a North American woddpecker? Is it a Hairy woodpecker?

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2022 2:12 am

Some Tree Frogs I found.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2022 12:23 pm

Great close ups! Finding frogs was always a big joy for me. They're American green tree frogs, aren't they?

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2022 6:52 pm

Thank you. Inaturalist identified them as Squirrel Tree Frogs or Hyla squirella. I usually see that species around my house. I use Inaturalist very often and when I take animal photos and I’m not sure of the species, I just post them there.

I see Green Anoles around my house and neighborhood all the time.

Five Lined Skinks (these are incredibly hard to catch)

Little Brown Skink

Mediterranean House Gecko (Invasive Species, but doesn’t really do any harm)

Eastern Glass Lizard (named glass after the way it drops its tail) this is actually a Legless Lizard instead of a snake, seen by the presence of small ear holes and blinking eyes.

Pine Woods Littersnake (visually similar to Corn Snake, but is mildly venomous. I actually handled this one before releasing it, but made sure not to appear threatening) Even if I was bitten, I wouldn’t have been in any danger.

Adult and Baby Box Turtles

Common Snapping Turtle

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2022 9:13 pm

WOW !!! You live in the middle of a ZOO affraid

No. Sorry, I know these are real, wild animals, but it sometimes can take a split second to understand that some people actually have these in their garden geek Laughing

I suppose you would feel the same if somebody here show you a picture of a Polar bear outside his house  

Beautyful photos ! Thankyou for sharing Very Happy

Hmmm. "Mildly poisonous" scratch Shocked pale

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 11:47 pm

What is my gecko doing here? Laughing I wasn't expecting to see a Mediterranean one among your friends. That five-lined skink is very beautiful, I think our skinks are not has half as pretty.
Thanks for telling about the tree frog, to be fair, even reading this great blog entry, I am not able of identifying from your pictures. Though, if I could listen to their call, it was quite easy and funny and I could easily identify them.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals around your house...
Page 29 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next