Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection

Go down 
+6
HKHollinstone
Vivien
dlfrogman
SUSANNE
Ana
widukind
10 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection Empty
PostSubject: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:38 pm

In my zoo i have any animals with a story. And i think all of us have any storys behind any animals.
If you want, you can tell us.

I will begin:

The VEB Plaho Deers

If i was a child, i dreamed i get deers. At this moment i had no deers and in the GDR you cant buy anytime animals. And if a shop get animals, only 1,2 or 3 species. And at this moment i have never seen the deers.
And so i dreamed i get deers. And in the afternoon my schoolfriend tell me, our toy shop have new animals. So i run to the shop and the toy shop sell:
the deers.

I will never forget this dream. lol!

Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection Img_5440

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Fantastic story Andreas! I love it flower flower flower It's fantastic to see You still have Your deers Very Happy
It remind me about one story from my childhood, but unfortunately I don't have these toy figures anymore. If I would have them back I would be quite happy. One day when I was 9 years old I went with my parents for a short trip to small town in mountains. When we went out from the car I found 10PLN (about 2 Euros but for me that was a lot of money these times Razz ) I took it and immediately I checked what would be in toy shop for that price. In very small toy shop in this town I found very beautiful set of 6 black faced sheep, shepherd, dog and 2 trees, everything in scale 1:32 which I collected those days (the name of brand was "Country Life" but I haven't seen it from several years anywhere). And the price was exact 10PLN Laughing Of course I bought it and was so happy! This was the most beautiful set I had and my favorite group of animals to play when I built my toy farm. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Wonderful stories cheers

I will have to try taking some pictures to tell my story Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:38 pm

I have a story Very Happy

I believe I was about 5 or 6 years old maybe younger and I loved my plastic animals I had a whole gallon ice cream bucket full of them. I remember one day I decided to bury them in the ground for safe keeping Shocked not really sure what I was thinking but of course went ahead with my plan. well I think I was distracted by some other infatuation probably chickens or peacocks and forgot about them for a few months well when I finally remembered I completely forgot where I buried them at Mad Mad and I never did find them.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Rusty I'm sorry for Your loosing animals I know it had to be annoying or sad feeling Sad . But I can't really say why this story is also kind of funny Embarassed Laughing It's like squirrel which forgot where she put all these nuts 🐰 I hope You had another, even more wonderful collection later Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:51 pm

ana wrote:
Rusty I'm sorry for Your loosing animals I know it had to be annoying or sad feeling Sad . But I can't really say why this story is also kind of funny Embarassed Laughing It's like squirrel which forgot where she put all these nuts 🐰 I hope You had another, even more wonderful collection later Very Happy

Maybe that is why I buy so many at once I am still trying to fill up that gallon bucket I lost lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:55 pm

dlfrogman wrote:
ana wrote:

Maybe that is why I buy so many at once I am still trying to fill up that gallon bucket I lost lol! lol! lol! lol!
lol! lol! lol! Thanks for sharing your story with us,Rusty!
I'm not sure if I should feel sorry for you or if I should find it extremely funny!! Rolling Eyes Laughing scratch
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:51 pm

dlfrogman wrote:

I believe I was about 5 or 6 years old maybe younger and I loved my plastic animals I had a whole gallon ice cream bucket full of them. I remember one day I decided to bury them in the ground for safe keeping Shocked not really sure what I was thinking but of course went ahead with my plan. well I think I was distracted by some other infatuation probably chickens or peacocks and forgot about them for a few months well when I finally remembered I completely forgot where I buried them at Mad Mad and I never did find them.
affraid That must have been SO frustrating No No but like the others I couldn't help laughing too Laughing
I have a story:
When I was little I used to play with my animals outside in the garden. Particularly on an old wall which runs along the bottom, which was over grown with ferns. I would count how many models I took out so I knew if one was missing - one day my mum called me for dinner and I was putting them all away quickly and didn't count them. Later on when it was dark I realised one was missing! It was one of my favourite dogs, a Spaniel by Bullyland. The next day I searched and searched for it, but couldn't find him! Sad he must have fallen down a crack in the old wall. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:30 pm

dlfrogman wrote:

Sorry to hear about that, Rusty. However, your neighbor's dog found them to be a wonderful alternative to bones and dried pig ears for chewing sessions... Shocked

For what it's worth, I loved collecting Britains' wildlife and had a huge collection of them. I received them from my parents when I was in my 30's, most still in great condition, but a few months later, half of what I owned in this world was stolen from my apartment, including the Britains' figurines. About six years later I stumbled into Schleich in a toy store, and my long-lost passion was rekindled... :) Moral of the story: it's never too late to relive the glories and passion of our youthful obsessions!
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:19 pm

schleich61 wrote:
dlfrogman wrote:

Sorry to hear about that, Rusty. However, your neighbor's dog found them to be a wonderful alternative to bones and dried pig ears for chewing sessions... Shocked

For what it's worth, I loved collecting Britains' wildlife and had a huge collection of them. I received them from my parents when I was in my 30's, most still in great condition, but a few months later, half of what I owned in this world was stolen from my apartment, including the Britains' figurines. About six years later I stumbled into Schleich in a toy store, and my long-lost passion was rekindled... :) Moral of the story: it's never too late to relive the glories and passion of our youthful obsessions!
What a lovely story,thank you for sharing! cheers flower
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:05 am

When I was really young, like 3 and 4 years old, I ALWAYS had little plastic animals. You know those bags filled with either farm animals or zoo animals? Sometimes cowboys and indians (because of the horses, of course!). I have a very distant memory of playing in my backyard with a little plastic giraffe. That is when we lived beside a neighborhood park and I was only 3 years old! So I guess that is my earliest memory of my animals!

As I got a little older the passion grew to horses, then BREYER horses. And now I'm 40 years old and it's come back full circle to little plastic animals. Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:44 am

Thank You for great stories Kristie, Harriet and Phil Very Happy
Harriet, it's sad to lose one of favorite toys, I'm sorry. Maybe You still can find this dog somewhere, not in stone wall but maybe ebay Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:34 am

ana wrote:
Thank You for great stories Kristie, Harriet and Phil Very Happy
Harriet, it's sad to lose one of favorite toys, I'm sorry. Maybe You still can find this dog somewhere, not in stone wall but maybe ebay Wink
Laughing I doubt the old one is still there, most likely it's rotted by now!
Yes I could probably find another on ebay, thanks Anna I love you

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 am

Hi! New here. The reason why I collect model animals and animal figurines...Our world is rapidly shrinking. The space restraints on our planet are growing tighter. Human requirements and habitation, destruction, reduction of the planet are taking a very heavy toll. I collect animal figurines for many different reasons, I guess. I like them. They're interesting and neat. It's fun to see what companies will come out with next, and outdo one another with different sculpts and paint jobs of varied and wonderful species. but it saddens me to think that someday very soon the only tigers our children's children might see are our replica ones! Or polar bears, the same fate applies. So in a way, since I cannot see these animals in the wild, I collect them in a small plastic way. I mostly collect Safari Ltd and Schleich, but I usually buy anything instersting that "speaks" to me, even other companies. I'm pretty stoked about the models Mojo Fun has produced, particuarly the wolverine! Very Happy But my favorite animal figure is one I still carry with me on my person to this day. It's a small white wolf from the 1985 GI Joe line of figures, Snake Eyes's "Timber!" I love Timber because he was my first wolf figure, at a time when no american company was producing wolves of any sort. That makes him very special to me! Animal species I collect tend to be north American (go figure, that's where I live!) and the rarer ones, such as weasels (wolverines!) bears, and wild dogs such as coyotes and wolves. I collect many different types and companies.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:07 am

Hi, Gulo ! I love your white wolf ! Thankyou for sharing your thoughts about collecting sunny

Wellcome here, I hope - and think - you will enjoy flower

Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 am

Thank you, Susanne! I'm glad I found this forum with fellow animal collectors. It's a fun hobby, and one I'm glad we can all share with a common intrest. I think it's very exciting! I'm glad I'm here!- Kevin.
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:40 pm

widukind wrote:
In my zoo i have any animals with a story. And i think all of us have any storys behind any animals.
If you want, you can tell us.

I will begin:

The VEB Plaho Deers

If i was a child, i dreamed i get deers. At this moment i had no deers and in the GDR you cant buy anytime animals. And if a shop get animals, only 1,2 or 3 species. And at this moment i have never seen the deers.
And so i dreamed i get deers. And in the afternoon my schoolfriend tell me, our toy shop have new animals. So i run to the shop and the toy shop sell:
the deers.

I will never forget this dream. lol!

Thanks for story Andreas! lol! lol! One time I,ve got adult male deer without antler... Sad But I,ve made for him new custom antler myself! Laughing Laughing

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:04 pm

Gulogulo76 wrote:
Thank you, Susanne! I'm glad I found this forum with fellow animal collectors. It's a fun hobby, and one I'm glad we can all share with a common intrest. I think it's very exciting! I'm glad I'm here!- Kevin.

Welcome here Kevin sunny sunny sunny

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection   Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Tell us the story behind the animals in your collection
Page 1 of 1