Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others Empty
PostSubject: Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others   Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:40 am

I wasn't sure if this had been posted before. I originally came across it on a forum called Carnivora. Black tigers have been filmed by a camera trap. Check out this video, pay particular attention to 1:45 - 1:50, which is where you can clearly see there are two, seemingly young, black tigers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is amazing!

Also, check out this Melanistic Serval. This thing will be stalking my nightmares haha:

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

I got this picture from The Retriever, Dog, and Wildlife Blog, here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others   Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:00 am

WOW !!!! Shocked

That is AMAZING ! I never heard about that before, neither in tigers nor servals Shocked
Thankyou very much for showing flower sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others   Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:23 am

Wow, thats really cool, that is the first time I have ever seen anything like this.
Thanks for showing.

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others   Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:16 am

I've seen black servals before on video... they exist.
The "black tiger" we see there is a regular one with heavy shadow on it.

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others   Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:38 am

Gabe wrote:
I've seen black servals before on video... they exist.
The "black tiger" we see there is a regular one with heavy shadow on it.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. A friend of mine suspected the same and went through it frame by frame to determine if it was a shadows, dirt, or some other easily explainable cause other than melanism. As yet, he, nor any of his friends, who are really good at video investigation (it's what they do for a living) have found this to be shadow-play. It begs the question: Why is the young tiger it runs up to also at least partially melanistic (abundism?), but none of the others, one of whom is right right behind the two "black" tigers, almost between them, nor are any of the others, who are not that far behind? Add to that, as the black tiger "overtakes" the other tiger, it's color remains consistent. At no time is there any change in the shading, coloration, ect. It shows faint striping on the tip of the tail as would be expected in melanistic cats.

Also, we should keep in mind that in 2008 black tigers were caught on a camera trap in Similipal National Park by the Wildlife Institute of India during their tiger census. Further, this video comes from China, where they are attempting to re-introduce Amur Tigers, and there is concern that the population has suffered tremendous inbreeding pressures. That may perpetuate melanism if it is in fact there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others   Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others Empty

Back to top Go down

Melanistic Tigers!!!!!!! and others
Page 1 of 1