Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Susanne told me about 1 1/2 week ago, that she ordered some new 2012 Schleichs for me to as a surprise! cheers
The second surprise was which models they would be of course... bounce
Well, today i got the package, including one retired Bullyland stonemarten to, which i show in the Bullyland section of the forum.

This was the complete presentlot i got from auntie Susanne! cheers bounce queen

14661 Schleich Gorilla male

My Schleich gorilla family so far, missing the other 2 models for 2012

Here the new Schleich male with the latest Bullyland male

Here with the juvenile CollectA male

And here with the Papo male

Susanne remembered that i still missed 3 of the Schleich 2011 line that i wanted, and this was one of them! bounce Very Happy

13686 Schleich Poitou Donkey foal

Here the foal is reunited with her Schleich mother and Papo father

And last but not least, the bold eagle chicks on the nest, which have a heavy feeling over them, almost like they are made out of polystone or so.

14635 Schleich Bold Eagle Chicks on nest

The complete Schleich bold eagle family

Thank you very very much Susanne, you are to good for this world, and a real sugar-auntie for a lot of us! cheers queen flower

The next one, is a model on its own, which i hunted down specially, because i neede it back in the collection.

14246 Schleich Wild Rabbit, in a very nice condition

Here with her newer counterpart

Back to top Go down
Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Congratulations Willy ! That gorilla is wonderful ! Does your donkey foal have longer ears than his mum (mine has) !?
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Merci beaucoup Arnaud!
Qui, qui, the ears of the foal are longer then at the mother indeed! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
pawprintzinsnow

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Congratz on your new additions. Thanks for posting the bald eagle nest with other bald eagles as I have been curious of its size.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Congratulations Willy cheers
I like the gorilla and the nest with the eaglets bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 pm

That was enormously fast that package reached you Shocked

I am so happy you liked them Very Happy

That rabbit is SO cute, I had completely forgotten how cute it is I love you

Laughing Laughing I never noticed the length of the ears on the foal, - perhaps they shrink as the foal grows scratch geek Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Congratulations Willy, hurray for Susanne cheers cheers
I LOVE the eagle chicks and the old wild rabbit is gorgeous cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Congrats Willy cheers

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Thank you everybody! cheers
And special thanks again to Susanne of course! queen flower
The story with the ears of the donkeyfoal is strange of course.
Maybe they are born with adult ears, and they stop growing from that moment on, not logical either, as they are already longer then from the adult... geek
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Wow Willy! That is wonderful package!!! Shocked Congratulations!!! cheers And big HOORAY for our generous Susanne!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 am

Thank you Ana!
Yes, there are a lot of hurrays for Susanne here on the forum, everybody knowss why! cheers queen
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:57 am

Congratulations Willy for your new figures and again a big hurray to our Queen Susanne! :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:21 am

Congratulations Willy! I haven't start any 2012 yet !
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:25 am

BIG CONGRATULATION for your big additions Willy!!! cheers cheers cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:28 am

Embarassed Embarassed Thankyou VERY much friends, but I am nothing special geek
There are SO many generous people on this forum ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Congratulations my friend for the first of so my batches of arrivals this year. Happy for you, Willy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Congratulations Willy! cheers cheers
I love the Gorilla Male,he's has so much character,a real macho. Very Happy Cool
Hurayyyyyy for our generous Susanne! cheers cheers queen
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 am

Excellent new figurines and nice photos, as always, Willy... :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:37 pm

@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Thank you everybody! cheers
And special thanks again to Susanne of course! queen flower
The story with the ears of the donkeyfoal is strange of course.
Maybe they are born with adult ears, and they stop growing from that moment on, not logical either, as they are already longer then from the adult... geek

Laughing Laughing

Maybe this foal is going to be bigger than it's momma!
Mammoth Jacks are HUGE and have Huge ears too!

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:44 pm

I LOVE, LOVE Mammoth Jacks I love you I love you bounce cheers drunken

Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Very handsome boys...and no they aren't mine...but look at the length of those ears! lol!
Back to top Go down
Arnaud

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 pm

What are mammoth jacks !? Idea
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:13 am

Laughing Hi Arnaud, To anwer your question:
A Jack is the name of the donkey "stallion" (not gelded male) and a Jenny is the donkey "mare" (female).
A Mammoth Jack means "Large donkey".

I once met an old man that owned a Mammth Jack, quite a character(the man not the Jack Laughing ). This "Jack was over 15 hands (4 inches = 1 hand) and not a gentle creature. Shocked He explained to me that you don't let a Jack ever breed a donkey because then he won't breed a mare...I understand it goes the same way if you try to get a horse stallion to breed a donkey Jenny. When you cross a donkey with a horse mare you get a "Mule". When you cross a horse stallion with a Jenny (female donkey) you get a " Hinny" which are usually sterile. Artificial Insemination is acceptable in alot of breeds over here in the USA except for Thoroughbreds. I believe the mares have to be "live covered" for the Thoroughbred foal to be accepted and registered. They "A.I" with Mammoth Jack semen too.

Quoted from the American Jack Registry (http://amjr.us/characteristics.htm): Breed Characteristics - Jacks a minimum of 14.2 hands (58") tall and jennets a minimum of 14 hands (56"), plus girth and cannon bone measurements that meet the requirements, are eligible for registration, as they were when the registry was created in 1888. Animals in these size ranges represent a significant number of the Jack Stock population. However, the model jack 200 years ago, and today, would be no less than 15 hands (60") tall. He should have good width, depth and length of body, a strong loin and full hip. The neck should be well muscled, but not excessively thick, and of proportionate length. The feet should be large and well cupped. Bone should be of good size, flat and clean. The legs should not be fine in appearance, resembling the leg of the Thoroughbred horse. The head should be well shaped and not of extreme length or thickness, tapering to a relatively fine, rounded muzzle, and be in good proportion to the body, with large wide set eyes, and well placed long, thin upright ears. The result of these combined qualities is a jack with style and substance that is well suited for Jack Stock production, as well as producing superior quality mules of any type, relative to the breeds of mares he is put to.

Alot of information on the internet if you are interested in learning more... study drunken
I love to look stuff up and am always wanting to learn more about many things. It keeps you young! cheers

If you are wondering how they figure out how tall an horse or donkey is this is how they do it:
When measuring either a horse or a donkey for height, a Level is place across the "withers" and a measuring tape is run from the ground to the bottom of the level. Sorry if this is too much information, but I hope you found it helpful.

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:28 am

Wow! So many nice new critters! I especially love the nest and the marten! Susanne, where did you find that marten? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
Arnaud

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Thank you very much Sue !! So many english names to learn for males and females : stallion/mare/gelding/foal, buck/deer/doe/fawn, ram/ewe/sheep/lamb, sow/boar/pig/piglet, bily/nany/kid goats...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...   Today at 9:27 am

Back to top Go down

The Schleichs for Januari 2012 came in...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next