Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five

Go down 
+7
Kikimalou
aandmkw
Rio
ken yeo
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
Kiryuha
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five Empty
PostSubject: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi, everyone!
I have finally got my very first CollectA figurines – with the help of our Polish forum member Joanna who made me come in contact with the seller – Tomacz Karpowicz.

So, here are they, my new critters:
My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five 100812_Collecta_together1

All of them are very well-made. But most of all I am excited of the Peregrine falcon – it’s details and painting are great. And he isn’t too big for my display – see it near to Schleich eagle owl and Bullyland Peregrine:
My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five 100812_Collecta_falcon_threesome

The buffalo is also excellent – such fine details one could expect only from Schleich (except the ears – their painting is awkward). I like its finishing much better than the one of Safari buffalo.
Though, CollectA buffalo was described and discussed in this thread, so I haven’t taken separate photos with him.

As to the black-faced spoonbills – they are too large (well, I was surmising that…). So they won’t fit my Asian display.
Here they are next to Schleich tigers to see the sizes:
My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five 4884478935_62a2586870_b

In general, these five critters are very nice, 5* to the falcon and buffalo and 4.5* to the birds.
Among CollectA 2010 range I’ve also put an eye on the mountain goats, but they were unavailable this time.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Congratulations Kyrill, great additions, the falcon is really lovely. Even though the spoonbills aren't in scale with your Asian display, they a beautifully painted.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Beautiful additions!I still don't understand why Collecta chose to add the logs between the spoonbills' feet,and the grass for the flamingo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Congratulations! You now should be convince with collecta quality.

[Quote :Beautiful additions!I still don't understand why Collecta chose to add the logs between the spoonbills' feet,and the grass for the flamingo! /Quote]

That's also part of my reason for not buying the flamingo & spoonbill with grass in-between their feet
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Thank you, friends!
And I wish the same additions to you too Wink

Wildheart wrote:
Beautiful additions!I still don't understand why Collecta chose to add the logs between the spoonbills' feet,and the grass for the flamingo!

Well, obviously for them not to fall down :) Though, of course, they could make the poses more stable and produce the birds without logs and grass.
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 4:22 pm

Nice new models Very Happy I hope to get the Buffalo soon.

I would guess that it is for the models stability. A Flamingo with chunky or thick legs would look weird indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 4:58 pm

But the Safari Flamingo looks very nice,and it has thin legs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Congratulations on your new additions. They are beautiful. I don't really care what size they are, they are beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:37 pm

Congratulation Kiryl, the birds are big but beautiful and the spoonbill are so rare as figurine, despite the fact we can see them in every zoo...
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:35 am

Wow, beautiful animals. congratz Very Happy

Would love to get my hands on the falcon and the buffalo, but I have never seen any collecta retailer here in sweden No
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:54 am

Arrakai wrote:
Would love to get my hands on the falcon and the buffalo, but I have never seen any collecta retailer here in sweden No
Same situation in Ukraine. That's why I had to order them from Polnad. If you wish, I'll give you the seller's email - just PM me.

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Kiryl, the birds are big but beautiful and the spoonbill are so rare as figurine, despite the fact we can see them in every zoo...
Well, we can see ordinary spoonbills in every zoo. And those are black-faced ones from Eastern Asia, very rare in nature.
I think Procon Collecta has made this species only because black-faced spoonbills overwinter not far from Hong-Kong and Taiwan.
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:23 am

Definitely, they are obviously a Beautiful Five, Kirill. cheers By the way, I only bought the Cape Buffalo from your Beautiful Five's family. And whoever wants to buy the new Giraffe from the CollectA, please don't get it because it's a real EYE SORE. No
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Congrats on your new five Kyrill, they look great! Very Happy
For me, the size doesn't matter too, i would like to have those birds to, and as CollectA is not available here to, i will send you a PM. Laughing

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:15 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Congratulations Kyrill, great additions, the falcon is really lovely. Even though the spoonbills aren't in scale with your Asian display, they a beautifully painted.

That's why I didn't simply buy them. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:42 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Congrats on your new five Kyrill, they look great! Very Happy
For me, the size doesn't matter too, i would like to have those birds to, and as CollectA is not available here to, i will send you a PM. Laughing
Thanks Willy!
By the way, what are you presentiments for the Tuesday match against Dynamo?
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Lasersword1973 wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

You know, Ron, if I knew that spoonbills were so-o big in advance, I would think twice before buying them... But now I've got them and I'll find an optimal place for them among my other critters.
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Lasersword1973 wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

You know, Ron, if I knew that spoonbills were so-o big in advance, I would think twice before buying them... But now I've got them and I'll find an optimal place for them among my other critters.

Hi Kirill, the bird itself is fantastic. Very detailed in fact. Just don't like the additional log and grass as what Mihnea had mentioned earlier. The same reason why I dislike the Schleich's Ostrich this year too. I just hope they can make birds without supports, that's all.

By the way, the beaver is also nice as well as the lion cub. But never ever buy the Eating Giraffe. No
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Lasersword1973 wrote:
Hi Kirill, the bird itself is fantastic. Very detailed in fact. Just don't like the additional log and grass as what Mihnea had mentioned earlier. The same reason why I dislike the Schleich's Ostrich this year too. I just hope they can make birds without supports, that's all.
By the way, the beaver is also nice as well as the lion cub. But never ever buy the Eating Giraffe. No

Too bad for the giraffe... Because the walking one is very nice Wink

My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five Girafe-26
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 5:28 pm

My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five 11311

If you know how to repaint it. Then, you can save the very bad paintings done to it. Otherwise, don't buy it.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Lasersword1973 wrote:

If you know how to repaint it. Then, you can save the very bad paintings done to it. Otherwise, don't buy it.

Poor beast pale
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Lasersword1973 wrote:
Is he around the same scale as the Schleich Giraffes Ron? Could you provide more pics when you have time?
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Awww I like him, bad paint and all :)

Now he's on my list Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:27 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Lasersword1973 wrote:
Is he around the same scale as the Schleich Giraffes Ron? Could you provide more pics when you have time?

Sure Harriet. Next time. Probably by the end of this week, I am going to take a picture of this Giraffe with the Schleich's counterpart. By the way, yes, it has an almost the same scale as the Schleich's. But still, it's not an advisable to buy unless you really like to collect giraffes so badly.

Since my Schleich's Giraffes are not with me now. I will show first my two of my least favorite Giraffes, the Safari Ltd's Reticulated Giraffe 26840 and the CollectA's Eating Giraffe 88404.

My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five 03410

Take note of this Giraffe's bad legs.
My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five 03511

My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five 03610

Hi Kirill, I am going to borrow your thread for a while to show the CollectA's Giraffe. I hope you won't mind. Thanks. :)
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:10 am

Rio wrote:
Awww I like him, bad paint and all :)

Now he's on my list Laughing

That will solve his problem then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:27 am

Ronald

It is not so bad! He is on my list now. it look much better compared with the official picture from collecta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five   My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five Empty

Back to top Go down

My first CollectA animals: the Beautiful Five
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next