Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...

Go down 
+5
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
Roger
WILLYBACOMAN
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... Empty
PostSubject: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

This time only 2 new figurines which i found recently.
The 1769 Starlux Cheetah and the Clairet male Lion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Both models.

1769 Starlux Cheetah

Clairet male Lion

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:51 am

The long body of them contrast a lot with the short bodies of modern figures! :) I like the proportions of the cheetah! cat Congrats Willy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:54 am

Thank you my friend! Very Happy
There is a version that is more accurate with more spots by the way, that is the one from the WWF series. Cool

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:49 am

Congratulation Willy cheers

The CLAIRET lion always make me think about an old Peugeot Laughing
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:01 am

Congratulations Willy - I like their slightly stylized look, particularly the lion.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:33 am

They are beautyful, Willy I love you flower sunny

The chitah was the first " Starlux" that I got, and I was so thrilled, when Christophe said it is a "Clairet" Laughing

Hopefully some day I will get some more, they are enormously charming .
Now I know what the lion looks like, I hope even more Wink

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:21 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are beautyful, Willy I love you flower sunny

The chitah was the first " Starlux" that I got, and I was so thrilled, when Christophe said it is a "Clairet" Laughing

Hopefully some day I will get some more, they are enormously charming .
Now I know what the lion looks like, I hope even more Wink

Susanne, your's is a leopard and it is a CLAIRET

Here is the CLAIRET cheetah Wink

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Big Congratulations!!! You know, i like this brand!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Laughing Laughing Which one Kiki? Maybe the 504 break??? study It remembers me more the Peugeot 604 limousine! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Congratulations Willy! Very nice big cats cat

Kikimalou wrote:

Yes, when You turn it to stand vertically, it is actually just like logo of Peugeot bom What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:30 am

Thank you all people! Very Happy

Yes Christophe, the head of this male lion has a kind of same style like the Peugeot lion on the radiator indeed.
Correct me if i am wrong Christophe, but those Clairets are mainly from the 1950's isn't it? Rolling Eyes
For me, the Clairet models have a kind of art-deco style, which seems logical, as the style in the 1950's was based on that of the 1920's-1930's, as the war was in between, and in that time was no certain special style in anything... Rolling Eyes Cool

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:32 am

Roger wrote:

It remembers me more the Peugeot 604 limousine! Laughing

I remember other animal limusine:

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:35 am

Shocked geek

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:30 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Thank you all people! Very Happy

Yes Christophe, the head of this male lion has a kind of same style like the Peugeot lion on the radiator indeed.
Correct me if i am wrong Christophe, but those Clairets are mainly from the 1950's isn't it? Rolling Eyes
For me, the Clairet models have a kind of art-deco style, which seems logical, as the style in the 1950's was based on that of the 1920's-1930's, as the war was in between, and in that time was no certain special style in anything... Rolling Eyes Cool

Yes the Clairet are pure fifties, I know even some holowcast lead where first producted before the classic hardplastic serie Wink But they are so rare I only saw one pic of some models Suspect
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Ok then Christophe, thanks for the confirming! Very Happy
Yeah, those old last models must be very rare, as all French metal models are rare, like the Brancherie et Freres... Shocked

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:41 am

These figures are very hard plastic like the Starlux then?

Do they say Clairet on them somewhere too or I'm guessing since Susanne didn't know hers was a Clairet that they don't say anything?

Do they say Made in France???

Sue
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:50 am

No, they didn't write anything on them. The only way to know is to smell the plastic, a very special taste, to know the brand and to recognize the CLAIRET style which is a bit artdeco

About hard plastic, all the French companies of those years made really hard plastic figurines like STARLUX. If you find an unknown vintage animal in very hard plastic, it is surely a French model Wink
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
No, they didn't write anything on them. The only way to know is to smell the plastic, a very special taste, to know the brand and to recognize the CLAIRET style which is a bit artdeco

About hard plastic, all the French companies of those years made really hard plastic figurines like STARLUX. If you find an unknown vintage animal in very hard plastic, it is surely a French model Wink

Merci beaucoup pour l'information Christophe.

scratch You eat the plastic and it tastes like Clairet??? Or you taste the "Clairet" and then the figures taste and smell like Clairet drunken Laughing

Hopefully whoever owned the figures also wasn't a heavy smoker...then they would really taste bad! No

~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Suebeedo wrote:

Kikimalou wrote:

Merci beaucoup pour l'information Christophe.

scratch You eat the plastic and it tastes like Clairet??? Or you taste the "Clairet" and then the figures taste and smell like Clairet drunken Laughing

Hopefully whoever owned the figures also wasn't a heavy smoker...then they would really taste bad! No

~ Sue

Laughing Laughing Laughing
It looks Kiki already figured how to remove the cork from Clairet! bounce cheers pale Wink monkey drunken
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:06 am

I cannot agree with my French brother here, as most of my Clairets all are marked with Clairet, only very small written under them, you need magnify glasses to read it! Shocked
And it is not always on the most obvious places, so it can be a real search.
But Christophe is right about the style, very art-deco, which i think, is fantastic, i love art-deco! cheers
The smell for those old plastics is very typical to.
When i opened my vitrine with one-coloured plastic figurines from the 1950's and 1960's, a very certain smell came out, which remembered me very much of my youth! farao
Those figurines are spread out now, as i sorted my collection in species and familiar species right now, which left a big part of the collection in boxes, like the elephants, rhino's and whales, so the big ones.

PostSubject: Re: The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...   The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Third Starlux and Clairet items for Januari 2012 came in...
Page 1 of 1