Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steve's Collection (08/03/20)

Go down 
+31
Megaptera
spacelab
Pardofelis
landrover
Sergey
lucky luke
pipi6
Sumo
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Cyhyraeth
scot(t)
Kikimalou
baltimore zoo
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
animalluvr6
Mastiffcat
SeanieP
aandmkw
Kristie
Vivien
Arnaud
widukind
ken yeo
Tiermann
Roger
Ana
xfoxx
HKHollinstone
Steve170
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 12:29 am

Hello to old acquaintances and new faces. I took a seven year intermission from the forum and collecting animal figures. I cannot be sure exactly why as I never lost interest but about 7 years ago I met my wife. I imagine new priorities appeared. I now have a wife and 2 year old daughter. My wife recently bought a Schleich horse (sorry I do not know which one), now she has 7 and it has reminded me of how much enjoyment I had here and collecting. So here I am...when I can.

I have made a new blog as I couldn't edit my old one and according to blogger I had no blog anyway scratch but it has been fun to do!

It is virtually identical and up to date, same pictures copied over, but lacking other mammals section as I'm not sure how I want to do that yet. Snakes are a new addition! Most of my Collection isn't with me for now but I want to take new photos early in the new year when I have everything together.

I look forward to trying to catch up lol!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 8:44 am

Welcome back

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 11:24 am

Hello Steve,
very nice see you back!  Applause  cheers Yes, life situations are changing and so our priorities too. Seven years is really a long time! Well, maybe the time has come to start a new common chapter together with your family in the world of animal figures. I'm looking forward to see your old and new animal figures. sunny

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 5:21 pm

Welcome back from one of the "new faces". I will look at your blog: by the pics on this page your collection looks like quite interesting!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 11:42 pm

Thank you all

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 11:48 pm

75senta75 wrote:
Hello Steve,
very nice see you back!  Applause  cheers Yes, life situations are changing and so our priorities too. Seven years is really a long time! Well, maybe the time has come to start a new common chapter together with your family in the world of animal figures. I'm looking forward to see your old and new animal figures. sunny

Yeah I don't think my wife will stop at 7 horses now and my daughter has already learned the species of my snakes! She does really need to quickly learn what "be gentle" means though pale.

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 11:54 pm

Schleich komodo Dragon from a zoo visit today
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Schleich snake nest snake

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 1:03 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 8:42 pm

It really makes me happy to see an old member back. 7 years is a lot but now you are back with a complete family of collectors. Your child is quite young yet, just give one more year and you will see the toy animal addiction. There are so many beautiful horses these daysso I hope your wife find the way to enjoy this hobby too.
Congratulations for your new reptiles and please keep posting. Very Happy

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:49 pm

Roger wrote:
It really makes me happy to see an old member back. 7 years is a lot but now you are back with a complete family of collectors. Your child is quite young yet, just give one more year and you will see the toy animal addiction. There are so many beautiful horses these daysso I hope your wife find the way to enjoy this hobby too.
Congratulations for your new reptiles and please keep posting. Very Happy

Thank you for your kind words. Yes I have told her she is lucky she likes horses! It's been a pleasure to be back looking here on a daily basis again.

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:32 pm

A couple of new additions. I missed posting a Christmas bundle and am still yet to take proper new photographs of my collection.

The papo gharial has been on my wishlist for years and so it's great to finally add it. I like the newer arctic fox from schleich, it replaces their older version which I never quite liked

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 11:52 pm

Papo gharial is stupendous. It is a kind of Pinocchio in crocs world. Wink Haven't you considered the Papo Arctic fox? Actually I like it slightly better than the new Schleich Arctic fox.

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 12:16 am

Roger wrote:
Papo gharial is stupendous. It is a kind of Pinocchio in crocs world. Wink Haven't you considered the Papo Arctic fox? Actually I like it slightly better than the new Schleich Arctic fox.

Haha yes it is a great model of a fascinating animal so well designed for both fishing and lying. I spent a few weeks choosing between the papo fox and the schleich, I found it difficult and was changing my mind from time to time! Papo really are excellent at making their toys seem alive, and the arctic fox is one of them. I think papo's sculpt is more detailed and superior too. I was not a fan of the colour so much and also the tail, I didn't find any pictures of the real animal with a tail quite like it. And even though the face of the Schleich version looked too cute, it seemed to resemble pictures of the real animal more than the papo to me! Maybe googling 'arctic fox' shows the cutest and whitest foxes only! Seeing the papo in person may well have swayed me towards it, this was a tough choice but I enjoy it like that

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 5:22 am

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Steve170 wrote:
Roger wrote:

Haha yes it is a great model of a fascinating animal so well designed for both fishing and lying. I spent a few weeks choosing between the papo fox and the schleich, I found it difficult and was changing my mind from time to time! Papo really are excellent at making their toys seem alive, and the arctic fox is one of them. I think papo's sculpt is more detailed and superior too. I was not a fan of the colour so much and also the tail, I didn't find any pictures of the real animal with a tail quite like it. And even though the face of the Schleich version looked too cute, it seemed to resemble pictures of the real animal more than the papo to me! Maybe googling 'arctic fox' shows the cutest and whitest foxes only! Seeing the papo in person may well have swayed me towards it, this was a tough choice but I enjoy it like that

I love the face of the Papo Arctic fox. It may be not as cute but they captured the traditional foxy expression.
The Schleich figure is quite nice and easily acceptable as a good competitor to the Papo counterpart. Contrarily to their current red fox that has no possible comparison with the current Papo red fox , but that is always a question of personal taste. I get all of them in anyway. Laughing

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 6:01 pm

Steve170 wrote:

I spent a few weeks choosing between the papo fox and the schleich, I found it difficult and was changing my mind from time to time!

Oh, I had exactly the same dilemma some months ago. I was actually at a store holding both foxes and looking at them for about 20 minutes and not able to make a decision..I felt like an idiot and left with no fox! After a couple of days I went back with my 4-year old daughter and she decided for me in a second... You guess right, Schleich!
I like both models, but I feel relieved now. Your kid's pleasure beats everything..he!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 6:45 pm

When I received the Safari arctic fox, I was a bit deceived and I planned to substitute it. After some time dilucidating I choosed the Papo one for the future. Seeing that the opinion of our fox expert is coincident, I will stick with the Papo arctic fox :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Roger wrote:
I love the face of the Papo Arctic fox. It may be not as cute but they captured the traditional foxy expression.
The Schleich figure is quite nice and easily acceptable as a good competitor to the Papo counterpart. Contrarily to their current red fox that has no possible comparison with the current Papo red fox , but that is always a question of personal taste. I get all of them in anyway. Laughing

Yes the Papo red fox is a favourite of my collection. It's beautifully sculpted and in a brilliant pose, which I think captures some of the animals personality - at least, the majority of times I see foxes they are walking quickly just like this. From a side on view it is almost perfect for me. But I feel there is something not quite right about the shape of the head from the front view...I think the head goes up too far at the point between the ears...I am being very, very, exceptionally picky about this - because I like the face anyway - but it is probably the animal I have picked up and examined most and this seems to be the only problem for me. Schleich has a long way to improve on their red red fox!

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 9:36 pm

spacelab wrote:
Steve170 wrote:

I spent a few weeks choosing between the papo fox and the schleich, I found it difficult and was changing my mind from time to time!

Oh, I had exactly the same dilemma some months ago. I was actually at a store holding both foxes and looking at them for about 20 minutes and not able to make a decision..I felt like an idiot and left with no fox! After a couple of days I went back with my 4-year old daughter and she decided for me in a second... You guess right, Schleich!
I like both models, but I feel relieved now. Your kid's pleasure beats everything..he!

Haha, I understand that situation! If it's too close to call then that's a smart idea asking your daughter, then everyone is happy Very Happy

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 9:42 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
When I received the Safari arctic fox, I was a bit deceived and I planned to substitute it. After some time dilucidating I choosed the Papo one for the future. Seeing that the opinion of our fox expert is coincident, I will stick with the Papo arctic fox :)

Please don't show me any pictures of it lol! I have looked at it so much lately that the image is cemented in my head and I feel like it's going to haunt me until I buy it!

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 9:43 pm

widukind wrote:
Congratulations

Thanks Andreas Smile

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 10:27 pm

Final additions for February, and something a little different. A set made by Hornby from the cartoon 'The Animals of Farthing Wood' back in 1992. The cartoon was based on a book first published in 1979 written by Colin Dann. I recently bought the series on dvd and have been watching it. I remember literally nothing at all in it but the memory of the cartoon itself is very strong from my childhood! It is very true to nature in the way that the animals represent their real life counterparts, in diet and movement to a degree. It can be quite graphic and sad, but that is nature.

After doing some research online, it looks like more sets were made after this one. Today I can just show a picture of the animals on my display but they came in a very nice presentation box which I will share later. They are vinyl and other than their size, they accurately represent their appearance in the cartoon.

Mole, badger, weasel, toad, fox and owl

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 11:58 am

I loved these cartoons whose characters were animals of the forest. Obviously I enjoy especially the fox. Very Happy

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 7:03 pm

Steve170 wrote:
Final additions for February, and something a little different. A set made by Hornby from the cartoon 'The Animals of Farthing Wood' back in 1992. The cartoon was based on a book first published in 1979 written by Colin Dann. I recently bought the series on dvd and have been watching it. I remember literally nothing at all in it but the memory of the cartoon itself is very strong from my childhood! It is very true to nature in the way that the animals represent their real life counterparts, in diet and movement to a degree. It can be quite graphic and sad, but that is nature.

After doing some research online, it looks like more sets were made after this one. Today I can just show a picture of the animals on my display but they came in a very nice presentation box which I will share later. They are vinyl and other than their size, they accurately represent their appearance in the cartoon.

Mole, badger, weasel, toad, fox and owl

Wonderful models. This cartoon was my favorite, when I was a child.
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 7:12 pm

I'm glad you also watched this.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve's Collection (08/03/20)   Steve's Collection (08/03/20) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve's Collection (08/03/20)
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next