Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is new about the forum ?

Go down 
+41
Tarunyada
NightLioness
Wilorvise
QuollMate
Damon
JonasV
Bonobo
Bloodrayne
Elros Alvar
LeeAnn
DaveScriv
koniminiatures
cattlecollector
animalz
krista
landrover
schleich61
Kikimalou
Taylcoel
skysthelimit
Tylosaurus
ken yeo
Mastiffcat
lucky luke
75senta75
xfoxx
Lasersword1973
Steve170
SeanieP
Wildheart
Vivien
widukind
MartinH
Joan Milelire
WILLYBACOMAN
Roger
HKHollinstone
Ana
SUSANNE
Suebeedo
Admin
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Seriously... What I read here is what we call in France a "tempest in a glass of water".  monkey 

@Alvaro: Andreas is right IMHO for one thing, we have to avoid opening categories like soldiers, knights, western... It would be an error. it is the same for bayalas. I agree we can help Brands collectors and vintage collectors, I agree we can collect ALSO other stuff and I think we have the categories to do that. I don't agree to say a Dragon is an animal, it is a mythical or a Fantasy creature. If we open a bayala subcategory, why not a Manga figures or a Warhammer category? we can open "non animal toys" categories for our members but we want to stay a Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas and nothing else. We agree to see a difference between an animal, extinct or extant, and an elf. We don't want to make a difference here between Gandalf and Gargamel. I would not ask a Fantasy figures forum to open a zoo section and a farm section and a pets section  Wink

@ Andreas: You absolutely don't need to be afraid  cheers pig cat rabbit alien monkey rendeer elephant albino

sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Elros Alvar wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Seriously... What I read here is what we call in France a "tempest in a glass of water".  monkey 

@Alvaro: Andreas is right IMHO for one thing, we have to avoid opening categories like soldiers, knights, western... It would be an error. it is the same for bayalas. I agree we can help Brands collectors and vintage collectors, I agree we can collect ALSO other stuff and I think we have the categories to do that. I don't agree to say a Dragon is an animal, it is a mythical or a Fantasy creature. If we open a bayala subcategory, why not a Manga figures or a Warhammer category? we can open "non animal toys" categories for our members but we want to stay a Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas and nothing else. We agree to see a difference between an animal, extinct or extant, and an elf. We don't want to make a difference here between Gandalf and Gargamel. I would not ask a Fantasy figures forum to open a zoo section and a farm section and a pets section  Wink

@ Andreas: You absolutely don't need to be afraid  cheers pig cat rabbit alien monkey rendeer elephant albino
Ok I'm agree  Is true  Wink 

Great  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Thank you Christophe  Very Happy 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 6:22 pm

S.T.S. forum....
I always thought it was short for Schleich Tier Sammler?
Schleich animals collectors...

When I joined this forum there were already options to discuss and show CollectA, Safari, Mojo, Papo and other animal figures.

But was there fear when people started suggesting there should be options to post these other brands figures?
Brands other than Schleich?
I don't know? I wasn't here when that happened?

We all know that things change all the time.
And we will always be hesitant of everything that is different from yesterday.
It is in our nature.
But we, as a human race, will adjust to any change eventually.
That is also in our nature.  sunny

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 11:16 pm

@ Alvaro: You are welcome  Wink 

@Simone: STS forum had never been a Schleich only collectors forum. It was called Schleichtiersammler only because it was the nickname of our founder and friend Torben.  Neutral  And Torben was an Animal toys collector, with one of the most impressive collection in the world then and not only a Schleich collection. Cool 
The first members knew each others in another forum and we decided to build a Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas.
Among the Major brand, the only one which had not a section at the beggining was Mojo because it didn't exist then.
We already had most of the categories we have now because some of us collected Japanese stuff or vintage brands for years.
Indeed we tried to build something new, so different from yesterday then: The first International community of Animal replica collectors.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 4:10 am

I see.
Thank you for clearing that up Christophe.   
You all did a great job in making this place work.  sunny 

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 4:16 am

Thank you Simone  Embarassed   cheers 
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 am

Sleep  Sleep  Sleep  Sleep  The STS 2013 Animal of the year is open. It's time to make your lists  bounce bounce bounce 
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:36 am

Hello friends, I would like to ask if we could add "Tutorials" section to the "custom made animals" part of forum, what do you think? We could not only make tutorials there (well, I know there is a few already done, for example "how to make tree for diorama") but also post links with such tutorials from other websites. This will make it easier to find for anyone who wants to learn. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:58 am

Ana wrote:
Hello friends, I would like to ask if we could add "Tutorials" section to the "custom made animals" part of forum, what do you think? We could not only make tutorials there (well, I know there is a few already done, for example "how to make tree for diorama") but also post links with such tutorials from other websites. This will make it easier to find for anyone who wants to learn. Smile  

I believe it is a good idea to put all tutorials in a single subsection, we'll create it... and what about you having moderation tools to these sections of the forum as Numaan has in CollectA? Idea

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:05 am

Roger wrote:
Ana wrote:

I believe it is a good idea to put all tutorials in a single subsection, we'll create it... and what about you having moderation tools to these sections of the forum as Numaan has in CollectA? Idea

BRILLIANT ideas  cheers 

Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:38 am

Really cool idea Anna!  Applause 

For the next SUY I have also the idea "Show us yours tools". That we can now done in this new section? scratch

Ana

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:43 am

Roger wrote:
Ana wrote:

Thank you Roger! I like the idea! Very Happy Many thanks!!!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:53 am

OK, subsection [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is created and gradually, corresponding topics will be moved to that section. Very Happy
... and Ana is already the moderator of these sections! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:18 am

Roger wrote:
OK, subsection [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is created and gradually, corresponding topics will be moved to that section. Very Happy
... and Ana is already the moderator of these sections! Very Happy

Great  Applause 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:39 pm

A little update about our forum.
We have 3 new brand sections under Modern Companies thread:

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], with their new TERRA collection the North American company gained a new life;
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], their Tiptoi line with a wide range of animals is getting interest;
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], UK company of high quality dinosaurs is giving its first steps and I am sure they deserve all support from our community.

It was probably early to create these sections but they have an increasing interest and soon or later they needed to be created. Also, if you use allerts system, be sure that you click "Start Watching Forum" to be notified of new topics. Very Happy

Also, as you surely already noticed, LeeAnn (Animal_Figures_4U) is our new general moderator and judging the work she already did in a short time I am sure it was an excellent decision from our team. Very Happy

Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 6:03 pm

I was wondering, how much are you able to change? Since there are some small bugs here (topics don't turn orange anymore when I log in) and it might be useful to change the fact in the mobile version, if you click a topic to go to the last reply directly or being able to skip pages, now I have to browse them all..

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Roger wrote:
A little update about our forum.
We have 3 new brand sections under Modern Companies thread:

- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], with their new TERRA collection the North American company gained a new life;
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], their Tiptoi line with a wide range of animals is getting interest;
- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], UK company of high quality dinosaurs is giving its first steps and I am sure they deserve all support from our community.

It was probably early to create these sections but they have an increasing interest and soon or later they needed to be created. Also, if you use allerts system, be sure that you click "Start Watching Forum" to be notified of new topics. Very Happy

Also, as you surely already noticed, LeeAnn (Animal_Figures_4U) is our new general moderator and judging the work she already did in a short time I am sure it was an excellent decision from our team. Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers These new topics are great additions, I think. Thanks Roger! Very Happy

Damon93 wrote:
I was wondering, how much are you able to change? Since there are some small bugs here (topics don't turn orange anymore when I log in) and it might be useful to change the fact in the mobile version, if you click a topic to go to the last reply directly or being able to skip pages, now I have to browse them all..

Are you on mobile? I had this issue too with the mobile version, I just use the normal full version when on a phone. On the full site I don't have this problem.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Damon93 wrote:

LeeAnn is right, mobile version is useless, normal version works perfectly in a mobile phone. I use a old Nokia mobile, with Symbian S60 and I don't have a single problem using the forum there. By the way, I cannot even find the mobile version there, it goes always to the normal version.

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 5:10 am

When I'm here on Sts with the phone is also use the normal version. Much better cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Damon

Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:30 am

The normal version takes way more bandwidth.
There's nothing wrong with the mobile version, but it needs work. But I don't think you can after reading the answers :p

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:18 am

The normal version of STS takes less bandwidth than the most part of other foruns. Also, mobile version is getting useless, they are working on normal version to keep a single platform to both PC and mobile devices. :)

Ana

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 11:00 am

Can I suggest small change? I think the section "Custom additions" should rather be called "Homemade and customised figures additions", what do you think? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 11:02 am

cheers cheers cheers

I wondered myself why it was only customs additions scratch

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Miladies, I've just fulfilled your wish monkey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is new about the forum ?   What is new about the forum ? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is new about the forum ?
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next