Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)

Go down 
+24
Caracal
Bowhead Whale
landrover
Katty
scot(t)
BornThisWay
Tiermann
STORMnl
weaselfan93
Kikimalou
ken yeo
krista
lucky luke
castlerigg
Roger
MartinH
widukind
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Sumo
Bullyqueen
Kristie
Vivien
Ana
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Yowies

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Here is my newcomer to my collection:  Very Happy  cheers  drunken

Safari Ltd.  study
Matschie’s tree kangaroo bounce sunny

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 5:22 pm

A must have

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 8:40 pm

Unmissable figure! bounce

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 1:58 pm

newcomer

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 5:47 pm

I love that little feller drunken

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 6:08 pm

cheers cheers
It is a beautiful model.

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 6:26 pm

This gorgeous figure will be arriving with me in October in time for my birthday

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Very Happy Applause Applause Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 6:20 pm

Many thanks friends

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 10:47 am

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 10:49 am

Wonderful wonderful additions! Very Happy
And the Quokka! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 10:56 am

Great figures

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 7:40 am

My next model, the dingiso (Dendrolagus mbaiso). Is not a masterpiece and I'm not very proud of it. I managed to do very good hands and feet, but the face is off. However it's enough nice for be displayed in my collection.

This is a species I like a lot and my favourite of the tree kangaroos. I've learned about it in a very charming cryptozoology book by Lothar Frienz, that tell the history about how Flannery discovered this species when all what was known of this species was a single photo and some skin pieces. The first discovery of a whole animal for the science was so late as in 1990, a female killed by dingos. The animal was divinized and respected by the Moni tribe of New Guinea, that consider it as the ancestor of the humans, and they protect this animal and never hunt it. That leaded to use the scientific name of mbaiso, that in Moni language means "prohibited".

It have a striking black and white pattern, unique amongst tree kangaroos. In the photos I can see, the black doesn't look like a "full black" to me, so I did a bit of more "clear" black with shades of deeper black in some parts. The face is very short for a tree-kangaroo and reminds a bear. The ears are very fuzzy. My figure have the ears too flat I think Sad The part that I left most to the imagination is the tail. I didn't found photos of the animal showing the entire tail, just a photo of some skins and an stylized drawing shows the entire tail. I chosen the colours according to said drawing. Not sure if they're correct. Also, the Lothar Frienz book, that I re-readed in the part concerning the dingiso after I finished the model, mentions that the tail is noticeably short. Should I cut the tip of the tail of my figure? How short should it be? Any suggestions in improvements on painting or sculpting over my figure would be welcome, I just would wish my dingiso were perfect :-)

I've called it "Rtas" because I was adding the last painting touches in the very same moment that I was reading the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] grand finale, so now the kangaroo honours one of our most lovely members :)

And now, the images:

With Southlands Lumholtz's tree kangaroo for size comparison:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 10:26 am

The species choice is really nice. I think the figure is more than recognizable and it is a creature that probably you cannot find many sources to use as reference.
It seems it is featured in one of the episodes of this BBC documentaries that I believe worked as inspiration to Southlands Replicasand their ideas to expand their range to outside the Australian fauna.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 10:39 am

What a wonderful choice of species, and amazing that you have made something so rare- it is beautiful! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 4:37 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 10:55 am

Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 1:53 pm

Thanks everybody! I painted the chin-throat white as I realized it was wrongly painted. Now it looks like slightly better. But the assimetry of eyes kills me and this cannot be corrected...

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 3:46 pm

Fantastic cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 5:54 pm

A new beautie

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 6:52 pm

Yowies

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 9:04 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers The first is amazing drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 10:58 pm

Thank you

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 31, 2022 6:15 pm

unknown material

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)    Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us Yours: kangaroos! :D and all other Macropodiformes ;)
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next