Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Horses Thread

Go down 
+19
Tarunyada
persefone
LeeAnn
Saarlooswolfhound
TheSpottedCat
Sumo
sortepletter
Ana
Master_Cat
dlfrogman
aandmkw
SyLoBe
Kristie
widukind
SUSANNE
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
Roger
Arrakai
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Oct 2013 - 11:40

Congratulations for that cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
persefone

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014 - 22:56

Congratulations!! Is it quite small? I saw few years ago an AAA horse quite similar but it was very small...
Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: AAA Horses (and size comparison)   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 22:11

Look at this pretty chap I found.But I wanted to take them right away. I'm going to repaint him someday. He's really huge and heavy. I thought he was ridiculously huge at first, but he is actually not bigger than my Collecta drafts.

Found another on in another colour. So I update this thread with new pictures. I also took some of my other AAA horses. You guys are free to use my pictures on the toy wiki.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Size comparison with Schleich Clydesdale stallion and Collecta Shire mare.

Last edited by TheSpottedCat on Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:31; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 22:32

He is absolutely GORGEOUS Shocked cheers

It is rare to se models of the heavy horses that have so long legs, - in the old days it was rather common.
I f their center of gravity was high, they could pull heavy lots, so it made sence in the days when they were essential for humans .

I have never see this lovely model before, - perhaps he is very rare ? Very Happy
Wouldn't it be a shame to paint him, if he is actually an extremely hard-to-find model ? Rolling Eyes

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 22:53

Such a wonderful figurine, I hadn't spotted this AAA figurine before. Thank you very much for sharing Smile

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 23:04

Very interesting, I've also never seen this horse. This model reminds me a little bit of the old draft horse by Bullyland. scratch

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 0:03

I also have never seen that giant before. Considering that some of us that despite being im this hobby for a long time have ignored it for all this time. I have to agree with Susanne that it may be a very rare Figure, thus, not a good candidat for a repaint. It is also not im bad shape but, obviously, decision is yours. Despite the usual glossy painting amd naif eyes, i think it is a very interesting figure with its own mark. Many thanks for showing. Very Happy

Thitanium Prince

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 10:53

The perspective of a repaint is promising, due to that overly glossy paint, but as the others said, it's a pretty elusive model and in pretty good condition too. Wether you decide to give it a shiny new coat or not, congrats for the catch, it's a beautiful mold!

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 12:28

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 16:02

Great find, congrats! Very Happy

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 17:55

I did not think he was particulary rare. I already have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I don't remember people being all to impressed by them even thought I had never seen them anywhere else before. I still have them. I bought him with a group of other horses because I'm looking for nice draft horses and though he was worth the price tag even thought I did not want any of the other horses. I think his eye's is horrible and thought I was going to repaint him. But you guys are making me feel bad about it X'D The sculpt is so, so nice and I thought a new paint job would make him just as pretty as a Collecta or maybe a resin even.

It says "Clydesdale" on his belly btw, and "he" have no genitalia at all.

I also thought horses where better at pulling heavy loads if they had short legs.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: AAA Equidae   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AAA Equidae

As you may have read in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-topic, AAA is a complete nightmare to sort out. It makes it easier to sort their figurines out by species. Besides, it makes the AAA on TAi-topic way cleaner.

So this topic will be dedicated to all Equidae (horses, zebras and donkeys) figurines that were produced by AAA. Let us start with the two horse models known on TAi.

Wikipedia wrote:
Equidae (sometimes known as the horse family) is the taxonomic family of horses and related animals, including the extant horses, donkeys, and zebras, and many other species known only from fossils. The term equid refers to any member of this family, including any equine.

Horses

AAA Horse, Large, Heavy type, black
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

AAA Horse, Large, Riding type, black
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These are the only horses known on TAi. I have two more, which still have to be properly named before I put them on TAi:

AAA Horse, Large, Riding type, brown

AAA Horse (breed, anyone??)

Personally I'm not completely happy with the naming of the two horses on TAi. It's really difficult to name AAA figurines, for you never know which variations will pop up somewhere, but I think at least we can leave out some comma. If we take the size in consideration, this could be the regular sized horses, so we can leave out any mention of size. For instance, we might rename the TAi horses as following:

• AAA Horse, Large, Heavy type, black > AAA Black Draft Horse | AAA Draft Horse Black
  • AAA Horse, Large, Riding type, black > AAA Black Riding Horse | AAA Riding Horse Black

Any ideas about naming, breeds and other models are more than welcome, share your knowledge and pictures and lets update TAi once again!

Last edited by Tarunyada on Mon 18 Sep 2017 - 20:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:25

As addition, a comparison photo of the last AAA horse together with the Schleich-S [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thoroughbred, and a close-up of its detailed head.

Last edited by Tarunyada on Mon 18 Sep 2017 - 20:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 9:55

Interesting horses :)

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 14:43

Oh wow, I've never seen that last one before! He's quite nice for a AAA. Very Happy

I'd list him as some sort of sport type or Warmblood. Could probably pass as 3/4 TB, 1/4 Arab but you don't want to get too complicated Laughing

I also have the grey "riding" horse (and selling him too! Wink ):

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 14:52

Ohh, yes ! That large thoroughbred-type horse is lovely cheers

You are right. AAA is a nightmare, when you have absolutely no idea what models there are out there.

Please PM me, as more technical discussions are probably very boring to others Wink

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 11:26

Thanks, Andreas, LeeAnn and Susanne!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: great to see there's a grey riding horse as well. I'll list him on TAi, may I use your photogrpahs? And thanks for determine the sport horse, I'll sure we can figure out a propper name for him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I'll send you a PM in a bit cheers

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 15:45

Of course! You're welcome to use my photos Very Happy

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 19:22

LeeAnn wrote:
Of course! You're welcome to use my photos Very Happy

Thank you, LeeAnn Smile

Back to top Go down
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:32

I have updated this thread
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 5:17

Congratulations again

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 8:24

A really magnificent collection of rare models cheers

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 11:03

New AAA horses!
They are fantastic, thank you for showing.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Jun 2017 - 12:54

Not long ago we didn't know almost anything about AAA horses and now we have this fantastic topic! cheers

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 20:24

I got two more AAA horses through the last months, very different from what we already discovered:

AAA Horse

AAA Pony

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAA Horses Thread   AAA Horses Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Horses Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next