Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playspaces Tube Animals

Go down 
+13
WILLYBACOMAN
Tarunyada
widukind
QuollMate
ken yeo
sauroid
Roger
SUSANNE
Cyhyraeth
Kikimalou
Taos
krista
Tiermann
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

Playspaces Tube Animals Empty
PostSubject: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:17 pm

I mentioned to Christoph that I had an animal he did not have identified on his website (yes, I was shocked such a thing could occur too!)
It is the pangolin from this tube set.
The tube label says it is from Playspaces - a division of Adica Pongo Inc. I looked it up online some and found that Adica Pongo is actually a brand name of the company that makes Battat, a better known name to many of us.
Here is a picture of all the animals in the tube I have. Notice there are a few like the polar bears with more than one of an animal in very different styles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also have a tube of dinosaurs by the same company. I will post that in the next couple of days when I get a good photo. Both tubes were bought maybe 10? years ago, some time in the early 2000s I think. All of these are made in China. I think it's interesting that the giraffe is made with crisscrossing stripes instead of spots.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Wonderful animals!!! I have any of this animals too. cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Ahh, I have that musk ox (with oddly long tail). Or I think it's the same brand, mine says only 'china' on its belly.
Also that lion and leopard look pretty familiar, I might have those too..

Really interesting to know about this brand :)

That fox is adorable!
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Yes there is just China on the animals, the company info is on the tube label.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:13 pm

I also have this tube and the one with prehistoric animals as well.They are the same size as these models and quite well made.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:24 am

Thank you for sharing Tim Very Happy

scratch I always thought the sitting orangutan was a K&M confused
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:53 pm

Oh, we had them in ELC shop, but was no markings save ELC on the tube)
Funny things, though the coloring is kind of psychodelic at times))
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:12 pm

They are lovely little models, - how big are they btw ?

Are they all from ONE tube ? Shocked
What a great variety.
The lucky children who got them, a whole zoo in one Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing, Tim flower

Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Here are the animals that were in my Dinos tube by Playspaces. There is a giant otter there. I think he may have wandered over from the other tube for a visit.

Here is a size comparison for you, you can see they are quite small next to our friend Hans.

That can be good since so many more can fit on a shelf.
Oh dear, look out Mr Mammoth!!

Being small has it's disadvantages too it seems

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:06 pm

EEEEEEEK ! A giant, prehistoric OWL affraid

geek Laughing Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Laughing Mr. Mammoth ready for a flight in Virginia! :) elephant

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:20 am

Thank you very much for sharing this info Tim! cheers
It is very hard to find out which China producer made which models sometimes, or actually mostly...
I have most of these models, but now i can give them a brand eventually! Very Happy

I think the orang is made originally by K&M Christophe, but copied afterwards by this company, i have one copy to, only in hardplastic.

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:16 pm

wow those are very nice looking China figures.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:17 pm

That's not bad! It look like the size is quite small.

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:30 am

Now i know that i have quit a few of them, and finally i could give them a company name... cheers

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptySun May 25, 2014 2:34 am

I recognize this set. You are right about it, early 2000's. I was in preschool and kindergarten from 2003-2004-2005 ish. That's when I got this set. I am missing a lot of the figures, and when I was little a broke the tusks off all of my elephants so the elephant has no tusks.  Laughing elephant 

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 9:21 pm

Nice little figurines Very Happy Interesting that the orangutan and pronghorn antelope were produced (with better paintwork) by K&M as well. But I think I have some of these Playspaces figurines as well; the badger and the red fox, but I think the pangolin as well. But my badger is grey! Shocked

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 12:35 am

Your badger is wonderful anyway. Very Happy

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 7:49 pm

I remember this set--I bought it as a tube from Toys R Us under the Animal Planet name--that was in the very early 2000s.

The funny thing is that there is another set, with slightly larger animals, that provided the digures with the Panini stickers (same with the dinosaur set shown earlier).

All I have now is the hyena--it's about 2/3 the size of the Panini one, but otherwise the same:
(with monkey from same set, but I don' have it anymore). I think I might have missed this one in the 'show us your hyenas' thread too!
Earlier Panini version
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 8:08 pm

sbell wrote:
I remember this set--I bought it as a tube from Toys R Us under the Animal Planet name--that was in the very early 2000s.

The funny thing is that there is another set, with slightly larger animals, that provided the digures with the Panini stickers (same with the dinosaur set shown earlier).

All I have now is the hyena--it's about 2/3 the size of the Panini one, but otherwise the same:
(with monkey from same set, but I don' have it anymore). I think I might have missed this one in the 'show us your hyenas' thread too!
Earlier Panini version

Panini what? Have they a wildlife serie? I only know sealife and dogs.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 9:23 pm

widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:

Earlier Panini version

There were dinosaur (the set shown earlier, with some variations) and wildlife sets--I had the sticker books and everything (never did fill either one!). Most of the animals in the wildlife set looked like ones from this tube set, but were larger and painted a little better. There were some sea animals (fin whale, dolphin, shark) and some of the Playspaces tube figures did not show up (The Panini did not have an Orangutan or Pronghorn). I think there were 24 or 36.

This would have been in 1994 or so.
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 8:57 am

sbell wrote:
widukind wrote:
sbell wrote:

Earlier Panini version

There were dinosaur (the set shown earlier, with some variations) and wildlife sets--I had the sticker books and everything (never did fill either one!). Most of the animals in the wildlife set looked like ones from this tube set, but were larger and painted a little better. There were some sea animals (fin whale, dolphin, shark) and some of the Playspaces tube figures did not show up (The Panini did not have an Orangutan or Pronghorn). I think there were 24 or 36.

This would have been in 1994 or so.

Sounds interesting, thank you :)

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 1:45 pm

Roger wrote:
Your badger is wonderful anyway. Very Happy

Thanks, I think so as well Very Happy

And lovely hyenas, Sean! Applause

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:25 pm

That so called badger has a strange head for a badger, more catlike almost... Shocked

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Playspaces Tube Animals
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: