Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playspaces Tube Animals

Go down 
+13
WILLYBACOMAN
Tarunyada
widukind
QuollMate
ken yeo
sauroid
Roger
SUSANNE
Cyhyraeth
Kikimalou
Taos
krista
Tiermann
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:45 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
That so called bader has a strange head for a badger, more catlike almost... Shocked

Yes, he does has a strange head indeed. He certainly isn't an European badger. Maybe an American badger?

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
That so called bader has a strange head for a badger, more catlike almost... Shocked

Yes, he does has a strange head indeed. He certainly isn't an European badger. Maybe an American badger?

It isn't flat enough to be an American badger, or mean-looking enough! Plus the tail is too long. Same with honey badgers. To say nothing of the colouring.

I am pretty sure it is (loosely) based on a ferret-badger of some kind--they are the only ones with tails of any real length, and tend to stand more upright than European, American or Honey badgers.
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Komodo Dragon

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 3:41 am

Hello I am a new member. Is anyone interested in selling the spotted hyena from the playspaces mini animal tube set? The same one that sbell showed. Name the price, but don't get any higher than 15 bucks.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 8:55 am

Komodo Dragon wrote:
Hello I am a new member. Is anyone interested in selling the spotted hyena from the playspaces mini animal tube set? The same one that sbell showed. Name the price, but don't get any higher than 15 bucks.

Hello KD, and wellcome here Very Happy

I think this hyena is so extremely rare that it is not likely that somebody here has one for sale, - but you never know Wink

You can try to put it on the "Search list" here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Do you collect hyenas ?

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 9:01 am

Komodo Dragon wrote:

Welcome here :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 10:48 pm

Hello. Thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to meeting some new friends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 10:53 pm

Like I said, if anyone is interested in selling the playspaces tube spotted hyena like the one sbell showed, please reply. I can't find it anywhere, no thrift stores, drug stores, Toys R Us, ebay, Amazon, no where that sells that particular hyena.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 11:18 pm

I do have the panda. And white polarbear even in two variations. One is hard white plastic. The second more rubbery. And its ear is off-set halfway its face.
Unfortunately i can't get any pictures at this moment due to the renovation here at home.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 11:40 pm

Komodo Dragon wrote:
Like I said, if anyone is interested in selling the playspaces tube spotted hyena like the one sbell showed, please reply. I can't find it anywhere, no thrift stores, drug stores, Toys R Us, ebay, Amazon, no where that sells that particular hyena.

I did buy it in 1999/2000/2001 so it has been quite a while since they were available.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 12:03 am

Wow guys thanks for the replies. I am very excited for expanding my collector's life alongside meeting new people.
Back to top Go down
Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 12:10 am

I collect of everything. Mostly miniature animal toys, like 1 to 2 inches in size.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:06 am

Komodo Dragon wrote:
Wow guys thanks for the replies. I am very excited for expanding my collector's life alongside meeting new people.
I am sure you will enjoy it here Wink

Komodo Dragon wrote:
I collect of everything. Mostly miniature animal toys, like 1 to 2 inches in size.

Sounds wonderful...do you know the small models from Japanese brands ? Take care, they are addictive Wink

Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Hey guys, I already found the same hyena as well as other animals from the Playspaces set on a UK ebay listing. Thanks for your help, but I will no longer have to ask someone else to dig through their collection and sell it to me.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Congratulations cheers

Please send a picture whan you get them, - if you have time Very Happy

Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:16 pm

The set I got includes every animal in the tube except the orangutan, the kangaroo, the zebra, the horse and the 2 antelopes.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Komodo Dragon wrote:
Hey guys, I already found the same hyena as well as other animals from the Playspaces set on a UK ebay listing. Thanks for your help, but I will no longer have to ask someone else to dig through their collection and sell it to me.

Okay, good, I still haven't even found mine anyway (although, not eager to part with it...)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Since these animals are so rare and valuable, does anyone have advice to take care of them thoroughly? Like should I keep them away from the sun or bleach products? And is it okay to bring them to airplane trips?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:49 pm

Komodo Dragon wrote:
Since these animals are so rare and valuable, does anyone have advice to take care of them thoroughly? Like should I keep them away from the sun or bleach products? And is it okay to bring them to airplane trips?

Yes !!!! Always keep valuable models away from sunlight !  sunny  Evil or Very Mad  sunny
Also less valuable ones, esp the ones with thin legs Wink

Same for bleach products, - luke warm water and a mild dish-detergent solution is ok for cleaning Very Happy

But I can't imagine how airplanes could harm them at all  Wink

Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Another question I have is, are they at risk for melting at temperatures ranging from 90 to 100 degrees farenheit? I don't know why, but I always had that concern that maybe those temperatures caused the paint on the pvc animals to become runny. Is this true? Or am I just paranoid?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 10:52 pm

That is 32 - 38 C !

That is quite hot, but more for the plastic than the paint.
At 100 F you must certainly be sure how you store them, because necks, antlers, legs etc may bend quite a lot Rolling Eyes

I had a box ol the rare , old Schleich heavy horses on on a shelf near the ceiling.
In winter when I have a good fire in my stove, it can get quite hot up there, - perhaps over 90 F.
Even if they are quite sturdy, the poor horses could not stand when I took them out affraid

Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 11:37 pm

That must be messed up. Where I live it is currently very humid and hot, but we ventilate the house so I don't think it should be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:49 am

Another problem I have in my house is ants. They seem to be everywhere, and every once in a while I catch a couple of those buggers entering my collection box and running over my mini animals. Are ants bad? Do they cause significant damage to plastic toys? If so I will try to find a special storage area for these rare newcomers to my zoo.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 8:49 am

Arrhh ! Darned ants !!! Suspect

They are fantastic creatures and very important in nature, but why do they always want to come inside houses ? Laughing

I do not know the kind of ants that you have where you live, but as far as I know, ants do not eat plastic or paint scratch

Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 10:54 pm

Well that's a releif. The ants I have are simply generic basic black ants.
Back to top Go down
Komodo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 1:57 am

Wow its really hot where I am, 104 degreese farenheit, and my zoo is still in one peice, no twisted legs, antlers, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playspaces Tube Animals   Playspaces Tube Animals - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Playspaces Tube Animals
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next