Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Papo wild piggies :-)

Go down 
+14
MARTINLATIN
Mastiffcat
Kikimalou
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
baltimore zoo
Roger
75senta75
Suebeedo
xfoxx
skysthelimit
lucky luke
Ana
SUSANNE
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
baltimore zoo

The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:52 pm

I don't want to keep everyone on their toes, it's just I'm just as passionate as everyone else about animal figures, and we all have different views, but will I give good and bad reviews/opinions(look at all my past history on the forum) on figures.
Zorse, really a good figure? And as I said, it seemed most don't like hybrid animals on this forum.
I guess if they do a "white" version of the zorse their will be an uproar!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Papo wild piggies :-)   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:08 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Susanne,
Yes, the sows a nice figure, but I would have preferred some other wild pig!
To me the Zorse is a horrible figure as well as a horrible choice! A true waste of plastic!!!!!!!!
Plus, I thought just about everyone on this forum hates hybrids....
As I said before Papo 2012's wildlife's assortment is lackluster, dull and unimaginative!
But that's just me!

It is unimaginative because it is another wild boar! So why are you always asking more lions? Is it imaginative? Or the fantastic suggestion you made sometime ago of 3 or 4 zebras in slightly different poses to make a herd! That would be very imaginative and educational. Unless collectors and children would have the chance of know that zebras are able of standing in more than one pose. geek
Bzoo, there are some ideas in which I agree with you, but coerence is not always to say the same things but an act of rationality! I hope it doesn't sound ofensive in your language!I enjoy your passion! Very Happy

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:17 am

I LOVE lions, so therefore I would definitely want more in different positions(I never get tired of lions, just like you probably never get tired of dik diks). To have a "Pride Set" with 10 different lions would be a dream come true for me! Nothing against wild boars, but since this years Papo wildlife assortment is smaller, I think it would have been more interesting if another species of pig was produced. Would you have preferred a babirusa or the wild sow? A Somalian Wild Ass or the Zorse? Do you really like the zorse?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Papo wild piggies :-)   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:46 am

I can`t wait to get the zorse Laughing

Many years ago I helped a scientist by proof-reading some articles about "Zorses".
They are fascinating, - I like them just as I like mules Wink
Only...they don`t belong among the wild animals.

So I think it is brave and fun and unusual of Papo to make one Rolling Eyes

Papo launched a lot of new, quite complicated fanatsy models and quite a few farm animals/horses and such this year.
They have a business to run, and can`t satisfy everyone drunken

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Hey collectors, look forward to 2013' Papo Liger, Tion/Tigon, Cama and Wolphin!
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: The Papo wild piggies :-)   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:13 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Hey collectors, look forward to 2013' Papo Liger, Tion/Tigon, Cama and Wolphin!
That explains the tylosaurus. Laughing

I love the new sow but i understand where you're coming from Balti, let's see some real diversity!
Yet, Susanne is right too, they're in business of making money, so they make what sells, and mommy-daddy-baby sells.
I think it's okay that companies make "the usual" as long as they also do something unusual, but of all the animals they could have picked, a zorse? Why not a Quagga? an Onager? even a Mule?! IMHO, the only thing this model has going for is the pose. And the color. I happen to like that shade of brown.

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:55 am

Instead of the "hybrid" zorse a Przewalski's horse, Kiang, Onager, or a Somali Wild Ass would have been nice for the wildlife series!
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Papo wild piggies :-)   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 am

What a beautiful family,they look so happy together! Very Happy Congratulations Susanne cheers flower

But I think even if he's not that accurate,the Granddad is the most charming one,you just have to love this guy... I love you pig

I can't wait to receive my own Papo Wild Boars and other 2012 models! bounce bounce

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Papo wild piggies :-)   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:34 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
I LOVE lions, so therefore I would definitely want more in different positions(I never get tired of lions, just like you probably never get tired of dik diks). To have a "Pride Set" with 10 different lions would be a dream come true for me! Nothing against wild boars, but since this years Papo wildlife assortment is smaller, I think it would have been more interesting if another species of pig was produced. Would you have preferred a babirusa or the wild sow? A Somalian Wild Ass or the Zorse? Do you really like the zorse?

Papo launched a gemsbok. The last gensbok in the market was the Schleich one that doesn't look like a gemsbok. Harriet's one doesn't belong to this battle. So it is one interesting and unusual species. The mouflon as I remember, was only launched by Bullyland, talking about modern brands, and it is already retired. So, another interesting species. The zorce is not surely a figure that interests to me but an unusual choice and with an intteresting pose. It also would represent a strategic link between horse and wild life collectors!
You don't understand why Papo uses a male elephant with a baby but you donnot accept a wild sow in a range with a wild boar and piglets? Why? pig elephant
Of course I would prefer a babirusa but the world of plastic figures for me is much more than Papo. So, if brands give me, each one 3 or 4 interesting figures per year, it is nice enough to enjoy the hobby!
... but I repeat, is not a pride of lions that make a range being unusual and diversified.
To complete only to give you some right in a point. Papo 2012 assortment is not exciting but it is due to the fantastic figures CollectA and Mojo are launching this year. Even Bullyland is doing better!

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: The Papo wild piggies :-)   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:58 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Instead of the "hybrid" zorse a Przewalski's horse, Kiang, Onager, or a Somali Wild Ass would have been nice for the wildlife series!
ooo, a Kiang would be great! If they wanted something that looked "more exotic", a Somali Wild Ass is as exotic looking as a zorse. well, to be honest, brown and black stripes are rarer, but still...

i'm still find the sow very tempting. i like her a lot.

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:11 am

Yo Roger,
If your talking Papo 2012, the Gemsbok, Mouflon, Reindeer are fine(Not my deal), but the white repaints are horrible(I think we all agree on), and I think the zorse is lousy(Don't like the figure or the fact it was produced)! I have no problem with the sow with piglets(At least they made a "female" for the babies, unlike the Asian bull elephant with baby), you're missing the point, as stated I would have rather had another wild pig species. For me a pride of lions would be a dream, because as I stated I rather have lions in different positions than more unusual animal figures.
Thanks for agreeing that Papo's 2012 is not that exciting, but it's not just because the other companies are putting out more figures in their lines. Maybe they don't have the competitive edge I thought they did, maybe they are focusing on other products, who knows what they think(That's the million dollar question)? Who sat at the Papo production meeting and said "For the Wild Life series, lets do cheap white repaints, a few hoof stock, mama sow, a baby croc that looks like a caiman, and, hmmm, what hybrid, how about a zorse!" All I know is, I'm really disappointed in Papo's assortment!
I wish Papo and Safari had a concept team like CollectA or Mojo!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Papo wild piggies :-)   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:09 pm

B, CollectA and Mojo are brands of animal replicas. That's the reason why they adopted a different strategy, they should differenciate their ranges from more generalist brands!
Schleich probably is more focused in Elves, Papo in historical figures and Bullyland in these series under license. I know the main focus of CollectA are the dinosaurs and Mojo the wild life. :)
Yes, I don't like repainted moulds to make new figures, only when they are repainted to improve the quality of the figure as happened with Mojo giraffes or Papo hyena, for example.
It also happened with Papo deer doe but I don't consider it a new release. Although I aplaud that decision. :) It makes me think that probably they are not as far from collectors as we think. Suspect

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:03 am

Still wish Papo had a better development team!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Papo wild piggies :-)   The Papo wild piggies :-) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Papo wild piggies :-)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2