Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?

Go down 
+10
Carola
ghostme9
ken yeo
bojan
Katty
Roger
xfoxx
SUSANNE
Ana
mrfitness
14 posters
AuthorMessage
mrfitness

Country/State : germany

Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? Empty
PostSubject: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:13 pm

hello,

i have a question: schleichs are made in germany, china, portugal etc. if you have the choice, which country do you prefer?
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Germany and Portugal :) I heard also about some Schleich from Tunisia Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:00 am

Ana is righ. Very Happy
At least as a rule. There are some though, where the Chinese ones are nicer. scratch

But it is REALLY fun to get one from each place, often they are very differnet Very Happy

xfoxx

xfoxx

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:56 pm

I agree, usually the Germany ones look best.

Now I have a problem with my two Toco Toucans. The China-version looks a lot better than the Germany one Shocked I might have to keep both.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Browsing in this forum you will find a lot of pictures with comparisons of Made in variations. Usually Germany and Portugal made figures are better but some are nicer when Made in China. Show the way is to study each figure. Sometimes it is also a question of personal taste. :)

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:58 pm

ok, i understand, its always most important how the figures look like, there is no country which is more desirable than another because of limited production or so.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:01 pm

The only one I can think of, is the black Labrador, where the more stocky version, that was made in Germany, 16327-1, seems to be only made for one year. scratch

Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:52 pm

i've never see a german one i real life! haha, we ca only get the china versions.
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:36 pm

I agree with Roger. Usually Germany, Tunisia and Portugal made are better, but that doesn't mean that all China made are bad, only the last two years Made in China are kinda disappointing because of some terrible paint jobs and well they're just too damn shiny for my taste!

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Somehow I prefer Germany over China. Sometimes, some of the China made is not so bad.

ghostme9

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Germany : China : Portugal : Tunisia   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:27 am

and I now believe Maldova - however, am I correct in thinking that the "Made in Germany" figures will most likely be more valuable in the future? I had two pandas (14664), one German , one Chinese. I understand serious collectors would keep hold of both, but I returned the Chinese version. Its strange - I can look at a model and can clear point out that its made in Germany - the colours seem more realistic and less harsh - is it me? Maybe we should do a "Where was I made" photo and we have to guess! :-)

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 am

Great idea Very Happy I've wondered alot what differences there are between German and Chinese models. I hope people will show off some of their variants I love you

I have only one from Germany, the Tennessee Walker Stallion, but among the rest of my all chinese horses his paint doesn't seem to be better quality or particularly outstanding. Actually there are small 'bubbles' in the paint of the mane, which seems sloppy work to me... but truly I can't tell because I have no chinese Tennesee Stallion to compare with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 am

This is a fantastic idea !!! I was thinking about making exactly this, - but you beat me to it cheers

I will take some pictures as soon as I can bounce

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Here are a few Very Happy

Jaguar. German to the right. Chinese to the left
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Falcons. German..Chinese

Akalteké mares. German left, Chinese right

Westies. German left, Chinese right.

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:16 am

Thank you for the photos Susanne. Very interesting Very Happy But I'm a bit confused with which Jaguar is which. Because when I look at mine, which is chinese, but is looks exactly like the one to the right Rolling Eyes
That aside, I think the one to the right is the best looking, with most detail and expression.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 7:21 pm

All my elves and knights are made in China, also can be made in Germany?? scratch
All my animals and also my horse are from china. Neutral
Only I have 8 horse from germany cheers

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
ReinbowSchleich

ReinbowSchleich

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 pm

My Akal-Teke mare is made in China,but looks like the German one Cool
Back to top Go down
t3rry

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:56 am

i prefer the look of the chinese one's in all the pictures posted by Susanne. Here we can only get Chinese models. Also 2013 Schleich has not arrived yet Sad

ghostme9

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm

Wow - yes thanks for those - I'm surprised that some are German - especially the Westy!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:39 am

I agree with Anna about the Jaguar made in China; I like it more, though I'm not sure exactly why. I also like the Chinese Westie a bit more.

I do like the German Peregrine Falcon more. I think the painting seems more accurate; but I'm no expert, so I could be completely wrong about that.

Thanks for these Susanne!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?   Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable? Empty

Back to top Go down

Germany, China, Portugal, Tunisia: Which "made in ..." is desirable?
Page 1 of 1