Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Martin's Papo newcommers

Go down 
+20
gogo1004
animalluvr6
Kristie
bojan
widukind
zbyszek
Ana
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
WILLYBACOMAN
Suebeedo
Admin
Roger
Sergey
baltimore zoo
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Kiryuha
ken yeo
MartinH
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Admin wrote:
The beginning of my collecion was Schleich and i´m a german collector, therefor schleichtiersammler. In the last years the collection grows to one of the biggest i know. A lot of other producers came to it.
I think the best name for the site would be:
www.Schleich-Papo-Safari-Bullyland-AAA-Chapmei-Collecta-Colorata-ELC-Furuta-Kabaya-NewRay-andmanyothers-internationalanimalcollector.de scratch
No, there are hundreds of collectors worldwide who know my homepage under the name schleichtiersammler. For me there´s no reason to change the name. I think every collector should be able to know 3 german words:
schleich = Schleich
tier = animal
sammler = collector
I knew you'd answer this way :)
I don't have anything against the current name except one thing: if we want to do, so to say, offical activity someday, we need a more neutral name. The lnik could be left the same, but the heading of the forum might be changed than.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Roger wrote:

A forum called Schleich choosing a Papo animal as the figurine of the year it will be a big honour to Papo! I think that Schleich will be not very happy when an important forum of Schleich collectors is choosing a Papo animal as the best of 2010!..
By the way, why should it be definitely Papo? Wink
As to me, the best figurine of 2010 is Collecta's Cape buffalo! Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Roger wrote:

A forum called Schleich choosing a Papo animal as the figurine of the year it will be a big honour to Papo! I think that Schleich will be not very happy when an important forum of Schleich collectors is choosing a Papo animal as the best of 2010!..

I agree with you about Bufallo! And it's very nice to see someone choosing a figurine from a very new brand! But CollectA is still very unknown from collectors and I think that the papo tigress will win.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi all,

how i said Schleich was my first animals, but i´m not married with Schleich. Papo and Safari made excellent figures too, i love them. I believe that Papo could win the title with the animal of the year.

But the name schleichtiersammler will not be changed.

Torben
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:07 pm

I agree with all you said Roger. When I said "No OK" I mean "No, I guess I was wrong about schleich being the main brand, Ok Roger you're right".
[/quote]

Now ok, Harriet!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: baltimore zoo   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Giving Papo figure of the year is fine!Because comparing Papo to Schleich, for the most part Papo figures are more refined(less bulkier looking) and have a more realistic look to them(especially their big cats, even look at the Papo Kudu, very artistic as well as detailed).
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:02 am

Admin wrote:
Hi all,

how i said Schleich was my first animals, but i´m not married with Schleich. Papo and Safari made excellent figures too, i love them. I believe that Papo could win the title with the animal of the year.

But the name schleichtiersammler will not be changed.

Torben

... I think:

1. It,s not need to change name forum, besides it,s not correct to Torben too. It,s his site and his right to do this way. Wink
2. It,s not correct to knock brands heads together. So Papo has the best big cats, but for example zebras and geraffes are low any criticism. The same animals of Schleich 2010 season (zebras, geraffes) are the best of all without question. Collecta has the nice birds (at first the best swan) and etc.
3. The better model of year need to choose in the model lines of EACH brand because EACH brand has nice figurine in different nominations!
4. By the way - may be to make some nominations (cats, birds, hoofed animals, reptiles and etc.)? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good night!
Wink

Last edited by Sergey on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:35 am

Sergey said :
Quote :
1. It,s no need to change name forum, besides it,s no correct to Torben too. It,s his site and his right to do this way.
2. It,s no correct to knock brands heads together. So Papo has the best big cats, but for example zebras and geraffes are low any criticism. The same animals of Schleich 2010 season (zebras, geraffes) are the best of all without question. Collecta has the nice birds (at first the best swan) and etc.
3. The better model of year need to choose in the model lines of EACH brand because EACH brand has nice figurine in different nominations!
4. By the way - may be to make some nominations (cats, birds, hoofed animals, reptiles and etc.)?

I agree with Sergey ~ not that I am taking sides ~ :)

If we were to do a survey or vote on the best brands/company - they should be each figure....best giraffe, best tiger, best buffalo, best swan...individually. It is the fair way. Being considered "the best" doesn't mean much if a company only makes 15 figures a year (just making up a number) in comparison to another company that comes out with 100 new figures a year. If only 5 are "the best" of company #1 while the company #2 has 50 that are "the best". Does this make sense? scratch (I apologize if it is confusing to those that English isn't their first language) :) Are we seriously going to take an online survey? Line up the figures...one from each company... it would be fun! cheers ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Roger wrote:

I think every brand has its "no. 1" figurine... Papo tigress with cub, CollectA cape buffalo, Schleich eating zebra (for me), Safari Ltd. tapir and Bullyland... well... I don´t like Bullyland so... everyone wins cheers cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Using numbers as Sergey:
1. I never said to Torben change the name of this forum...
2. I prefer only one figurine to be choosenand that idea was not mine but I agree.
3. That idea is very nice to Torben forum, some other sites of figurines are present in development of figurines and why not this one that is the best of all, Torben?
4. I love Schleich but we have to recognise that other brandsare doing a very nice job, and Wild life of Papo has an average quality superior to Schleich and CollectA is growing.
5. Is the perfect time to do a tread about 2010 figurine because the end of the year will be very buzzy!
6. The best 2010 insect is a CollectA one (it was the only one!)
So is acceptable some cathegories: wild life, forest, horses, dogs and cats and dinos...
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Roger wrote:
4. ...Wild life of Papo has an average quality superior to Schleich and CollectA is growing...
Disagree! Papo may have a couple of figures of superior quality, but the highest average quality is and has ever been at the Schleich side.

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Initially When I suggested most popular of new animal for 2010 and just wanted to find out which animal stand out among the 2010 releases.

My thoughts that came across my mind
Wild life
Farm life
Forest life
Sea life
insect
Dinosaur

Regardless of brand or any company produces more or less & just made it simple.

Schleichtiersammler.forumieren should remain and not to be changed and further more we are not running a business or doing "Branding strategics" for the future. Let keep it simple!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:37 pm

In a Safari site that I don't remember the name... perhaps Safaritieresambler or so... I said that Schleich was the most popular among collectors and children. Almost everybody in that site was desagreeing...
I have no doubt about it... Schleich is the most popular. And the reason because I love this site it's because it is simple... so don't forget, brands will ever make toys because children love toys, some collectors love toys, I love toys too!
And for brands Toys R Us!!! :)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Roger wrote:
In a Safari site that I don't remember the name... perhaps Safaritieresambler or so... I said that Schleich was the most popular among collectors and children. Almost everybody in that site was desagreeing...
I have no doubt about it... Schleich is the most popular. And the reason because I love this site it's because it is simple... so don't forget, brands will ever make toys because children love toys, some collectors love toys, I love toys too!
And for brands Toys R Us!!! :)

safaritieresammler ................... what a crackbrained name. tstststststststs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:51 pm

ken yeo wrote:
Initially When I suggested most popular of new animal for 2010 and just wanted to find out which animal stand out among the 2010 releases.

My thoughts that came across my mind
Wild life
Farm life
Forest life
Sea life
insect
Dinosaur

Regardless of brand or any company produces more or less & just made it simple.

Schleichtiersammler.forumieren should remain and not to be changed and further more we are not running a business or doing "Branding strategics" for the future. Let keep it simple!

...Ok, very nice! Wink ...But may be one more nomination - "birds". Are you agree that "a tiger" is not the same " a swan" or "an owl"?... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:44 am

Congrats on those two great additions Martin, i love the tigress! Very Happy

Of course we can't and shouldn't change the name of this forum, as it is Torbens forum, and he is know as "The Schleichtiersammler" everywere!
I don't think that everyone is collecting Schleich in the first place, but most of us have a lot of them anyway... Cool

I think, when we decide here, to make the Papo tigres with young the best figurine for 2010, that wouldn't be bad, not even on this forum, as we should wake up some of the manufacturers to make better models in some cases! Rolling Eyes Cool

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:38 am

Set the alarm clocks for the other manufacturers!
Wake up call is this...Papo Tigress for 2010' best figure!
Safari ltd Wildlife Wonders is an awesome figure too, have to say
the runner up figure!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:46 am

Kiryuha wrote:
Disagree! Papo may have a couple of figures of superior quality, but the highest average quality is and has ever been at the Schleich side.
Absolutely disagree... As you may know Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:53 am

Schleich's figures need better paint jobs as well as more attention to detail with sculpting(too bulky need to be more refined looking).
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:54 am

Schleich has some nice figurines, but are not my favourite too, i have to agree with my friend Christophe. Very Happy cheers
I do have my favourites in several brnads, small or big! cat pig elephant cheers

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: PAPO Orangutan, tapir and retired bison   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:30 pm

2010 orangutan
Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 P1010178

2010 tapir
Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 P1010179

retired bison
Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 P1010182

with kangaroo baby by Schleich
Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 P1010183
flower
Back to top Go down
https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Beautyful ! Thanks for the pictures. flower
Papo makes some really neat stuff Very Happy

And this Tapir does not have white feet like the Schleich one Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:11 pm

Great figurines!!!
I'm very happy with Papo choices, it is some hard to find but 'til now, I'm very happy!!!
I think that my future orangutan will be this Papo. What do you think about it, Martin?
My bison will be a CollectA and the tapir I still don't know...
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Thanks for the pictures,Martin! cheers I need orang too! (I have tapir already... I don,t like Papo,s old model bizon, but I,ll buy new model, it,s very realistic... And I,ll buy Schleich,s kangaroo baby too of course...) Wink Wink

Last edited by Sergey on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Congratulations Martin, lovely additions!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martin's Papo newcommers   Martin's Papo newcommers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Martin's Papo newcommers
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next